Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other than the game winner what play has you furious?
(10-10-2021, 11:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I thought that Mixon run was a first down. You know which one Im talking about

There were numerous times on 3rd down, we seemed to get stopped inches short....I actually thought Mixon made that 1st down by a ball length myself.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not mad at all with this game, it was a hard fought game against a playoff team no one would be surprised went to the NFC Championship or SB game, and we took them into overtime. If I had any negative thing to say, I think maybe Burrow is starting to try to force the ball to Chase too much and not using Higgins and Boyd. He needs to spread it out so the defense has to cover all three equally. And personally, at 4th and 2 vs a 57 yard field goal, I may have had them go for it. Of course if they did, and didn't get it, everyone would be saying we should have kicked it. 20-20 hindsight. We can't win them all, the other teams get paid to win as well. On to the next one....

Well said, we had our shots to win and I think this team might of earned a little respect today.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was the 3rd down and 5 from around the 40 at the end of the 4th quarter. They run up the gut to setup Evan missing from 57.. Inexcusable...
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I thought that Mixon run was a first down. You know which one Im talking about

The one that would have got McPherson closer, it’s like the refs didn’t want to bother and wanted to see a long Fg .. Fn BS
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:43 PM)Interceptor Wrote: 4th & 2
Bengals decide to go for it.
Burrow gets first down and then some.
Flag on the play.
Holding (ghost penalty?)

That killed the huge momentum swing we had.

This was a killer combined with the Higgins drop.
Reply/Quote
It was a weird game with a lot of missed opportunities but a lot of great plays as well. I’m usually shiting on this team after a loss but I am really excited about this roster. Every game except Chicago has been exciting. I think we can win 9 this year.

We finally have solid players on both sides of the ball. I will catch hell for this but I think our weak link other than the obvious coaching/playcalling & Oline IMO is our lack of consistency in the run game and TE position. I’m sure a lot of it can be attributed to play calling and shaky Oline play. Yes he was injured but I just wish Mixon would break a long one. Make something happen more often.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 12:11 AM)sandwedge Wrote: There were numerous times on 3rd down, we seemed to get stopped inches short....I actually thought Mixon made that 1st down by a ball length myself.

I have NFL game pass and watched the play 10 times in a row. The 1st down line was the 31 and Mixon actually gets stood up at the 30.5. Did we not have timeouts??? If i’m the players and coaches I’m doing anything to try and get that to go to booth review and I think a timeout would have given time for them to analyze the play further.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First off what a crazy game. Don’t recall ever seeing a game like this. I’m usually down and upset after a loss but I have to say I really like this roster. This team is a monster that just needs to wake up. Worried more about coaching but that’s another thread. Ok so there were several including the run play in the final minute but I get it, that’s why we got the kid. The play that got to me was giving up the 57 yard run. Not trashing the D but they had several 3rd and longs. The offense did their share and then some to blow this game. It’s just the 57 yard run was horrible and it was our best players missing tackles.

More Packer fans than Bengals fans pisses me off. They were jackssses too. Probably worse than Steelers.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
They should have gone for it on both fourth downs leading up to the 2 FG attempts. If you want to compete with the big boys, you gotta be able to convert a 4th and 1. Don't play for a 57 yard field goal with your guy kicking into the wind.

Zac Taylor coaches scared. All this talk of being explosive on offense. When are we going to see it? Because right now I see an offense with Joe Burrow, Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon averaging a meager 22 points a game. How the hell is that going to cut it against the AFC's best?

Put the ball in Burrow's hands and go for it. That would've made this loss easier to swallow.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 11:04 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I thought that Mixon run was a first down. You know which one Im talking about

Yeah I thought it was a first down as well. It was hard to see in all the bodies but he ran into a guy standing on the yard to gain so hard to believe the ball wouldn't have landed over. That was the time to be aggressive and I think you either pass on 3rd or if you run and get close like you did you run it again. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:55 AM)Big Boss Wrote: They should have gone for it on both fourth downs leading up to the 2 FG attempts.  If you want to compete with the big boys, you gotta be able to convert a 4th and 1.  Don't play for a 57 yard field goal with your guy kicking into the wind.  

Zac Taylor coaches scared.  All this talk of being explosive on offense.  When are we going to see it?  Because right now I see an offense with Joe Burrow, Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon averaging a meager 22 points a game.  How the hell is that going to cut it against the AFC's best?

Put the ball in Burrow's hands and go for it.  That would've made this loss easier to swallow.

And if they went for it and did not get it, people would be blasting him for not letting Evan kick it. No win situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:55 AM)Big Boss Wrote: They should have gone for it on both fourth downs leading up to the 2 FG attempts.  If you want to compete with the big boys, you gotta be able to convert a 4th and 1.  Don't play for a 57 yard field goal with your guy kicking into the wind.  

Zac Taylor coaches scared.  All this talk of being explosive on offense.  When are we going to see it?  Because right now I see an offense with Joe Burrow, Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd and Joe Mixon averaging a meager 22 points a game.  How the hell is that going to cut it against the AFC's best?

Put the ball in Burrow's hands and go for it.  That would've made this loss easier to swallow.

Yeah he seems to be somewhat aggressive during the game but both times we've seen overtime he has been very conservative. We could've won yesterday with just a little more aggressiveness at the end. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And if they went for it and did not get it, people would be blasting him for not letting Evan kick it. No win situation.

I'm sure people would. But all the missed kicks I was not liking trying such a long attempt and if we ran Mixon on 4th and 1 I think we pick it up. But if we don't I'm blaming Mixon and the Oline not the play call.
Reply/Quote
Spain's holding call didn't make me to happy. It was unnecessary and could have really changed the outcome if he doesn't do it.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:20 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm sure people would. But all the missed kicks I was not liking trying such a long attempt and if we ran Mixon on 4th and 1 I think we pick it up. But if we don't I'm blaming Mixon and the Oline not the play call.

We've all seen Mixon blast through lines for gains, but we've also all seen Mixon stoned behind the line many times. I think the kick had the higher percentage here. And it missed by a matter of inches. With Bullock I would agree with you, but McPherson has plenty of leg and is usually very accurate.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: First off what a crazy game. Don’t recall ever seeing a game like this. I’m usually down and upset after a loss but I have to say I really like this roster. This team is a monster that just needs to wake up. Worried more about coaching but that’s another thread. Ok so there were several including the run play in the final minute but I get it, that’s why we got the kid. The play that got to me was giving up the 57 yard run. Not trashing the D but they had several 3rd and longs. The offense did their share and then some to blow this game. It’s just the 57 yard run was horrible and it was our best players missing tackles.

Our 3rd downs were frustrating all day. We had a 3rd and 1 in the first quarter, a 3rd and 1 in the fourth quarter, a 3rd and 5 in OT and a 3rd and 2 in OT that we chose to run rather than pass and our team failed to convert all 4 of them.

Overall, the team was really bad on 3rd down. 5 of 14 hurts, especially when you fail 4 3rd and shorts on run plays as well as a 3rd and 3 in the 1st, a 3rd and 4 in the 1st and a 3rd and 2 in the 3rd that they failed to convert via pass.

Overall, they were 5 of 12 on third and manageable (manageable being 6 yards or less).

Even worse, they were 2 of 7 on 3rd and short (3 yards or less)
0 for 3 with runs, 2 for 4 when passing, for what it's worth.

You're not going to win a lot of games when you can't nab 3 yards when you need it more than 28.6% of the time.
Reply/Quote
the dude that mentioned we never tied Green bay..... It was all i could think about as they took turns missing kicks
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:20 AM)motoarch Wrote: Spain's holding call didn't make me to happy. It was unnecessary and could have really changed the outcome if he doesn't do it.

The tripping call was BS. Wouldn’t have happened if his guy wasn’t holding and tackling him.
Reply/Quote
We need to come out more aggressive from the start. These flat first half’s aren’t helping.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:37 AM)TKUHL Wrote: The tripping call was BS. Wouldn’t have happened if his guy wasn’t holding and tackling him.

I forgot about that part. And you're correct it was tripping, I said holding.

From the refs perspective the tripping was so blatant he couldn't miss it but he's paid to not miss the holding either.  

I don't know if those offset but it was a killer on a drive that should have at least been worth 3 points.
Reply/Quote