Our 2018 Head Coach!
DingDing
1. Lou Holtz
2. Steve Spurrier
3. Dantonio (Mich State)
4. Luke Fickell
5.Jim Kelly
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 10:34 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Tebow won a playoff game against the Steelers, which means he has slain the two biggest nightmares that have plagued our franchise since the 1990 season.  Dear lord, that's sad.

Imagine how excited this fanbase would be if we'd won such a thriller over the Steelers in a playoff game? Now realize that game was just a blip on the radar for Broncos fans...who have seen 3 championships, 8 AFC Titles and a 23-19 playoff record. The Bengals are 5-14 in the playoffs. We'd have to have a friggin dynasty to catch up to them.

(11-16-2017, 01:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If Marvin isn't brought back - a big if - and if they don't hire from within - an even bigger if - I really hope Matt Patricia's name is on the short list. 

I don't.  Mellow

1. Patriots coordinators have an awful track record. Josh McDaniels. Romeo Crennel. Charlie Weis. Bill O'Brien has been "meh" at best.
2. Patricia is a Patriots lifer who has done next to nothing anywhere else. (Hard to say if his success is just due to BB)
3. He's a defensive guy, which would follow Marv and Lebeau, both defensive guys. Our big problem is offense, pass pro, and running the ball.
4. The man has a woman's name. Are we going to call him Patty on here? Surely that will happen if things go awry. MattPat would be ok in the meantime I guess.
5. They'd probably make him shave that awesome beard.
6. This look-alike fan probably won't come with:

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-s3.si.com%2F...w=700&q=85]

Don't get me wrong though, I'd take MattPat over ANY internal hire.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I don't believe a person should become a head coach just because they qbed. I would like to see a young man brought in with a good solid football foundation, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Some one strong enough to stand up to ownership, and allowed to choose all their staff. We need fresh ideas. He should be involved in player choice, and allowed to get rid of dead wood. Play them or trade them.
Reply/Quote
Lol, hey i like Tebow, good man.

But seriously, my short list right now from outside the org is Nagy or Lafleur.

I think this team could turn it all around if one of these guys is hired and been able to pick their own staff.

Also like Jon Gruden of course. The assault deal with Jim Bob Cooter has took him off my list.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 02:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Imagine how excited this fanbase would be if we'd won such a thriller over the Steelers in a playoff game? Now realize that game was just a blip on the radar for Broncos fans...who have seen 3 championships, 8 AFC Titles and a 23-19 playoff record. The Bengals are 5-14 in the playoffs. We'd have to have a friggin dynasty to catch up to them.

I don't.  Mellow

1. Patriots coordinators have an awful track record. Josh McDaniels. Romeo Crennel. Charlie Weis. Bill O'Brien has been "meh" at best.
2. Patricia is a Patriots lifer who has done next to nothing anywhere else. (Hard to say if his success is just due to BB)
3. He's a defensive guy, which would follow Marv and Lebeau, both defensive guys. Our big problem is offense, pass pro, and running the ball.
4. The man has a woman's name. Are we going to call him Patty on here? Surely that will happen if things go awry. MattPat would be ok in the meantime I guess.
5. They'd probably make him shave that awesome beard.
6. This look-alike fan probably won't come with:

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn-s3.si.com%2F...w=700&q=85]

Don't get me wrong though, I'd take MattPat over ANY internal hire.

You gotta admit though.....after starting off the season with a bad defense to where they are now, we gotta figure he is at least capable of "journalistic jargons". Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What's Wayne Fontes up to these days? He was always good for some trick plays on Thanksgiving. As a bonus we could bring in Matt Millen as the new G.M. Ninja
Reply/Quote
How's this for a new HC? Now, I know he's known more for his NBA work, but how about seeing if Stephen A. Smith would want to be our new HC?

I'm all for it simply because the press conferences would be OUTSTANDING.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Josh McDaniels would be an interesting name to me. He struggled in Denver, but had much less talent to work with. I think a younger, more offensive minded guy could be a good fit. Although, I'm not sure how he is on toughness and discipline. Two things the Bengals sorely need.

As far as Patriot coaches go, I'm not going to hold him to anyone else's successes or failures. I don't believe in the addage if "He came from such and such so that = (conclusion). Those aren't logical conclusions to draw to me.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 03:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: You gotta admit though.....after starting off the season with a bad defense to where they are now, we gotta figure he is at least capable of "journalistic jargons". Mellow

He wouldn't need journalistic jargons. He'd be doing good things all game long. And so forth. Moving forward.

(11-16-2017, 04:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How's this for a new HC? Now, I know he's known more for his NBA work, but how about seeing if Stephen A. Smith would want to be our new HC?

I'm all for it simply because the press conferences would be OUTSTANDING.

Just the thought of that is hilarious.  Hilarious

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyluqaXve7wGqBTAE6-W0...OWR1eIIJbZ]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 04:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He wouldn't need journalistic jargons. He'd be doing good things all game long. And so forth. Moving forward.

Just the thought of that is hilarious.  Hilarious

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyluqaXve7wGqBTAE6-W0...OWR1eIIJbZ]

Hey.....at least Stephen A. has called out the mediocre one on numerous occasions.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 04:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hey.....at least Stephen A. has called out the mediocre one on numerous occasions.

That he has. Most famously after the Chargers game...when he most thoroughly deserved it.
Reply/Quote
LOL!!! LMAO
Reply/Quote
My choice.....Chris Peterson.

He has a track record of taking programs to the next level.
Turned Boise State from an also ran into a household name, got them winning and going to bowls on a regular basis.
Then moved on to U of Washington and took the Huskies to the college FB playoffs in his first year as HC.
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.ljH3rK-jydoIP-gswuMFAQEsCp&pid...=296&h=168] Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That's when you know things are bad: even with the joke candidates, we have to say "Meh, beats what we have on staff."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:51 PM)thillan Wrote: We've talked about wanting a TRUE leader on the sidelines for a while now. With Marv breaking our number 1 pick down to tears week after week now, it's time to get a guy who truly wants to win, and knows how to carry the blame.

But more importantly, we want a winner.

So, if I'm Mike Brown, I know who I am calling for the head coaching job.

Ladies and gentleman, your 2018 Bengals Head Coach IS:

via GIPHY

And our real 2018, 2019, and until he decides to quit coach is:

[Image: Marvin-Lewis-frustrated.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 08:14 PM)Beaker Wrote: My choice.....Chris Peterson.

Turned Boise State from an also ran into a household name, got them winning and going to bowls on a regular basis.
Then moved on to U of Washington and took the Huskies to the college FB playoffs in his first year as HC.

Another one i would be completely happy with...
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 08:14 PM)MBeaker Wrote: My choice.....Chris Peterson.

... Excellent choice.

I hadn't even thought of him. But chances he leaves his comfortable gig at Washington for the Bengals?? Eh....  
Reply/Quote
I think we should hire Dave lapham ,even if he don't want too. We need more all time greats in the coaching staff seriously.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 12:23 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I think we should hire Dave lapham ,even if he don't want too. We need more all time greats in the coaching staff seriously.
At least let lap, Munoz, Montoya, all of our greats work with this team. One of the biggest problems with this team is a failure to utilize its history.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote