Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our CB and the lack of takeaways
You want more interceptions?

Create opportunities by scoring more points make teams one dimensional forcing them to throw the ball. If teams are leading they can run or take easy completions they dont have to force anything. Right now the Bengals are allowing teams to have their entire playbook for the whole game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DreK has outright dropped at least 10 picks.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 12:19 PM)jason Wrote: I don't remember that one. But way to flip the field position Dre! Amirite?

Behold.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 01:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2016 after Hall and nerwman were both gone the Bengals finished 3rd in the league in interceptions and 5th in pass efficiency defense.

Zimmers last year here was 2013.  Here are the Bengals rating in interceptions and pass efficiency defense after he left.

...............Int.......Rate
2014........ 3rd...... 3rd
2015........ 3rd...... 5th
2016........ 3rd...... 5th
2017........20th..... 13th
2018........18th..... 26th

Was it the corners getting them in 2016? I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but that's what the thread is about.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 02:32 PM)Synric Wrote: You want more interceptions?

Create opportunities by scoring more points make teams one dimensional forcing them to throw the ball. If teams are leading they can run or take easy completions they dont have to force anything. Right now the Bengals are allowing teams to have their entire playbook for the whole game.

Yep... The same goes for our pass rush.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 02:32 PM)Synric Wrote: You want more interceptions?

Good point Synric, much easier to create sacks/turnovers when you have a lead.... I'd be curious to see the T.O.P for us having a lead this season, must be low.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 02:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:

Behold.

Have to imagine this is the record for longest INT return with no TD.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 03:46 PM)jason Wrote: Was it the corners getting them in 2016? I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but that's what the thread is about.

7 of the 17 ints in '16 were by CBs
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 7 of the 17 ints in '16 were by CBs

I barely remember anything from that season. Pretty much AJ Green destroying the Jets, Geno ragdolling Deshaun Watson, a tie in London, and the arrival of Fat Randy... That's about it.

Geno hitting Watson might've been 2017... That's how bad it is.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The CB's have pretty bad numbers for ints for their careers. (We talk about this every year it seems.)

Kirkpatrick has 10 ints in 99 games.
Dennard has 3 ints in 72 games. Yes Dennard has as many sacks as he does ints.
Jackson has 2 ints in 41 games.
Webb has 3 ints in 75 games.

We can look at this year in isolation...but these guys have just never had success with ints in their career. It's quite pathetic actually.
Reply/Quote