Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our D Line Should Eat Tonight
If there ever was a game to get them out of a slump, this is it.

3rd string center, hurt LT, and their RT got benched last week for being terrible
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Yeah but Suh vs Bodine.... eck.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah but Suh vs Bodine....   eck.

Hey now, I said our d line, not our offensive line. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Don't forget about Mario Williams and Cameron Wake.  I think ours will eat, but am hoping theirs does not feast Ninja
Reply/Quote
Do you think they would be willing to trade their 4th string center for Bodine?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:46 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Don't forget about Mario Williams and Cameron Wake.  I think ours will eat, but am hoping theirs does not feast Ninja

This is where I'm scared, Bodine will get eaten by Suh if we don't provide help..

Sad
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:47 AM)milksheikh Wrote: This is where I'm scared, Bodine will get eaten by Suh if we don't provide help..

Sad

so what are the rules if a D lineman eats a center?  Is that a personal foul?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

If the Bengals are smart, they'll iso down on Suh with Zeitler, and run straight at him.  Obviously, they'll have to provide TE or FB assistance to the right side, as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: so what are the rules if a D lineman eats a center?  Is that a personal foul?

nah, another holding call by Bodine ofc.

:|
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: so what are the rules if a D lineman eats a center?  Is that a personal foul?

What if he just picks him up and throws him over to the Bengals' sideline?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:46 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Don't forget about Mario Williams and Cameron Wake.  I think ours will eat, but am hoping theirs does not feast Ninja

We will be doing the feasting
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Do you think they would be willing to trade their 4th string center for Bodine?

A very valid question here.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I'm actually very worried about Suh tonight with our shit O-line. Anyone remember preseason when he messed up Andy his rookie year? Yikes.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Do you think they would be willing to trade their 4th string center for Bodine?

No, but they might be willing to trade a 1996 Lumina sedan if the Bengals are willing to still pay 1/2 of Bodine's salary
Reply/Quote
True that Weezy, definately the game for it. I am sure they will double Geno like all the other teams have so i would
actually put a pass rusher next to him at times to take advantage of this instead of Peko. Hunt or Clarke and let them
go 1 on 1 on that side with Dunlap. Should be fun.

Run the ball on these guys and get after Tannehill. Not worried about Suh as long as we double him or Iso him with
Zeitler. If he is 1 on 1 with Bodine he could definately feast, cannot let this happen. Wake is a good situational pass
rusher but Mario Williams has not been good for a couple years. It is not like these guys are a great pass rushing
team, sure hope we don't make them look like one.

Come on OL, get your shit together...
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 01:39 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I'm actually very worried about Suh tonight with our shit O-line. Anyone remember preseason when he messed up Andy his rookie year? Yikes.
Oh yeah... He straight slammed Dalton.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True that Weezy, definately the game for it. I am sure they will double Geno like all the other teams have so i would
actually put a pass rusher next to him at times to take advantage of this instead of Peko. Hunt or Clarke and let them
go 1 on 1 on that side with Dunlap. Should be fun.

Run the ball on these guys and get after Tannehill. Not worried about Suh as long as we double him or Iso him with
Zeitler. If he is 1 on 1 with Bodine he could definately feast, cannot let this happen. Wake is a good situational pass
rusher but Mario Williams has not been good for a couple years. It is not like these guys are a great pass rushing
team, sure hope we don't make them look like one.

Come on OL, get your shit together...

They have nine sacks so far this year, the Bengals have four.  And it's not like they have played no one... they have gone against Seattle and New England in addition to Cleveland last week.  I always hear that they have a very talented defensive line.  The secondary is supposed to be the weak spot on their defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If there ever was a game to get them out of a slump, this is it.

3rd string center, hurt LT, and their RT got benched last week for being terrible

This is an obvious situation where our defensive line should dominate and completely destroy them tonight.

Which leads me to believe that they wont, because these types of matchups are the ones where our dline disappears.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:23 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This is an obvious situation where our defensive line should dominate and completely destroy them tonight.

Which leads me to believe that they wont, because these types of matchups are the ones where our dline disappears.

Miami will change their blocking schemes from what's on film, and our coaches will throw up their arms and say, "Damn they outsmarted us, but we'll be prepared for them when we see them again in three years."

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If there ever was a game to get them out of a slump, this is it.

Famous last words...

Didn't we play them on a Thursday night with a completely revamped offensive line and they ate our defense and everyone was baffled why a few years back?
Reply/Quote