Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our D Line Should Eat Tonight
(09-29-2016, 03:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: Famous last words...

Didn't we play them on a Thursday night with a completely revamped offensive line and they ate our defense and everyone was baffled why a few years back?

I think it was two years ago and the game ended on a safety?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Miami will change their blocking schemes from what's on film, and our coaches will throw up their arms and say, "Damn they outsmarted us, but we'll be prepared for them when we see them again in three years."
We just gotta keep grinding, and clean some things up on third down...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 11:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: so what are the rules if a D lineman eats a center?  Is that a personal foul?

Not when the team the foul is against is playing the Bengals. Any other team yes. Duh.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:54 PM)jason Wrote: We just gotta keep grinding, and clean some things up on third down...

Third down is the key.  They need to be in manageable third downs on offense and find a way to get off the field on defense.  And eliminate the third down penalties, they are killers.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:49 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think it was two years ago and the game ended on a safety?

Yes! That was it, I remember specfically it was around the time their offensive line was in disarray and they came out and stopped our "D" line cold and everyone was upset because of the line change and how they owned us.

So when I read this original thread I thought...Ive heard this before and it didn't end how people expected.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yes! That was it, I remember specfically it was around the time their offensive line was in disarray and they came out and stopped our "D" line cold and everyone was upset because of the line change and how they owned us.

So when I read this original thread I thought...Ive heard this before and it didn't end how people expected.

It was Halloween night.  We drank about 1/2 bottle of Grey Goose while taking our daughter around the neighborhood, plus 4-5 shots that people were giving out t parents, so we were feeling pretty good at the start of the game.  At the end, not so much...
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 04:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: It was Halloween night.  We drank about 1/2 bottle of Grey Goose while taking our daughter around the neighborhood, plus 4-5 shots that people were giving out t parents, so we were feeling pretty good at the start of the game.  At the end, not so much...

Thats when the real drinking began! LOL

Speaking of I have my Sea Hag IPA in the fridge for tonights game!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 04:13 PM)GodFather Wrote: Thats when the real drinking began! LOL

Speaking of I have my Sea Hag IPA in the fridge for tonights game!

We're vodka people, and have an entire bottle not yet opened ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Suh v Bodine

Be scared people, be very scared.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:57 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Third down is the key.  They need to be in manageable third downs on offense and find a way to get off the field on defense.  And eliminate the third down penalties, they are killers.
I was just mocking Marvin.... But it is true.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Should they eat? Absolutely.

Will they eat? I'm not holding my breath.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Remember our DL has faced backups in at least one OL position both of the last two weeks and still got punked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:54 PM)jason Wrote: We just gotta keep grinding, and clean some things up on third down...

OK Marvin... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:19 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They have nine sacks so far this year, the Bengals have four.  And it's not like they have played no one... they have gone against Seattle and New England in addition to Cleveland last week.  I always hear that they have a very talented defensive line.  The secondary is supposed to be the weak spot on their defense.

Talented yes, but just cause they got more sacks than us doesn't mean they have been better rushing the passer.

Dunlap has the most pressures in the league for a DE right now which can be just as important as sacks.

These guys aren't punks but Wake is a situational pass rusher that you can run right at and Mario Williams like i
said has been a disappointment to say the least the last couple years. We have went against 2 much better fronts
already in the Broncos and the Jets. Probabaly the best two in the game.

I agree their Secondary is most likely the weak link, give Dalton some time and he can pick them apart but don't
get away from the run with these guys. We can run it on them.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 04:35 PM)jason Wrote: I was just mocking Marvin.... But it is true.

so you are mocking something that is true ?? interesting concept
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 04:18 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Suh v Bodine

Be scared people, be very scared.

Suh is the 3-tech, so he'll be most likely be over Boling.  Philips, at 335, will be over Bodine and Zeitler.
Reply/Quote