Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Defense Looked Bad And The O-Line Struggled
Those two things do have me worried a bit, and I agree that they normally might be a cause for concern.

However, remember that we get Burfict, the heart of our defense and one of our best playmakers on D (maybe THE best), back from suspension this week, and we also get Price and Mixon back (probably for both).

The importance of Mixon can't be understated because he'll bring balance back to our offense, keep defenses honest, keep our defense rested with more of a running clock, and provide an explosiveness out of our backfield. Without Dalton's two scrambles, we only had 21 rushes, which is unacceptable, especially since one was Erickson.

Price coming back will also help with that, but we need Glenn to play better because he sucked today. The good thing is that I trust Pollack to offer help with chips or Mixon staying in to block/check before he goes out on a route.

I realize that Glenn won't face Beasley every week, but today still worried me. Glenn seemed ok when Beasley went head-on with him or tried to go inside, but when he went at Glenn's outside shoulder with a speed rush, he seemed to get to Dalton every time.

These guys could bring a new feeling of confidence coming off this impressive win and carry our team to more wins!

I'm PUMPED!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Those two things do have me worried a bit, and I agree that they normally might be a cause for concern.

However, remember that we get Burfict, the heart of our defense and one of our best playmakers on D (maybe THE best), back from suspension this week, and we also get Price and Mixon back (probably for both).  

The importance of Mixon can't be understated because he'll bring balance back to our offense, keep defenses honest, keep our defense rested with more of a running clock, and provide an explosiveness out of our backfield.  Without Dalton's two scrambles, we only had 21 rushes, which is unacceptable, especially since one was Erickson.

Price coming back will also help with that, but we need Glenn to play better because he sucked today.  The good thing is that I trust Pollack to offer help with chips or Mixon staying in to block/check before he goes out on a route.  

I realize that Glenn won't face Beasley every week, but today still worried me.  Glenn seemed ok when Beasley went head-on with him or tried to go inside, but when he went at Glenn's outside shoulder with a speed rush, he seemed to get to Dalton every time.

These guys could bring a new feeling of confidence coming off this impressive win and carry our team to more wins!

I'm PUMPED!

you are right on both points....BUT we are 3-1 so who dey!!!!!!!!!

Glenn has had 2 bad games in a row  since he went on the injury report..think he is carrying injury and hope he comes backs strong

Hart is still weak and will stay that way.

i hope our D is scheme, we are terrible right now which i cannot make sense of with our talent   
Reply/Quote
This is the second week in a row the OL got punked. I expect better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And, as ugly as it was, the D held them to under 100 yds rushing...
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And, as ugly as it was, the D held them to under 100 yds rushing...

And, we also rallied to come back and win.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sitting on the back porch as I type and apparently the sky is still above the tree line for now .
If I wake up tomorrow and the grass is all bright blue with the sun burning into the yard I'll report back about the sky falling. Until then we're still 3 and 1..
The good news is that not every team will be able to stand toe to toe with a shoot out against us.. The bad news is they won't all have defenses as bad as Atlanta's.. With Mixon back and Ross apparently getting in some kind of a groove we might just be able to keep outscoring them despite the D woes.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: And, we also rallied to come back and win.

And scored 37 points.  The offense puts up that number, if there's still a loss, it ain't on the O.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Not only will the team get a lift from Burfict, Price, and Mixon coming back, they also have learned how to win without them. That speaks well, as to the climate of the team right now. If it weren't for a couple stupid drops, player errors that resulted in interceptions, and penalties, this team would be undefeated right now, with those valuable players coming back to action.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not only will the team get a lift from Burfict, Price, and Mixon coming back, they also have learned how to win without them.  That speaks well, as to the climate of the team right now.  If it weren't for a couple stupid drops, player errors that resulted in interceptions, and penalties, this team would be undefeated right now, with those valuable players coming back to action.

Yeah, I'm greedy, but I really want that Carolina game back.  

I don't feel too bad, though.  I think most of us would have been happy if they were 2-0 when Vontaze returned.  They're 3-1 with some tough wins and 1 on the road vs an elite offense.  I'll take that all day long.  
Reply/Quote
I think Vontaze will make our defense 7 points better/game.

Mixon and Price combo also has capability to bust huge gains, although Gio has not played poorly, Mixon is just bigger.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And, as ugly as it was, the D held them to under 100 yds rushing...

Imagine when Freeman comes back.

With their QB and WRs, Falcons are a scary Team when their running game is healthy.
Reply/Quote