Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Defensive Line has Disappeared
(10-16-2019, 10:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. Dunlap is a solid all-around DE. Well this year it's really hard to see that on this team, but he generally is good against the run and gets decent pressure. He just isn't a guy that's going to get 16 sacks.

But, he does collapse the pocket at times which leads to others getting sacks.

Man...what's up with Carl Lawson? I know he's coming off of a major injury, but as a rookie he was a force. Then last year he got pressure but didn't finish sacks. This year, nothing from him.

He had a good game last game, from the eye test; even made some tackles downfield, after our LBs and DBs couldn't.

Dunlap still leads the team in TFL, despite missing a game; hopefully Taylor can't keep him at bay or Ogbuehi gets some time, on Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Dunlap and Atkins combined for 59 sacks from2015-2017. They have 20 together in the last year and a half. The last 16 games they have 10. When you invest over 100 million in two players over three years you expect them to control the line of scrimmage. They got paid and took a powder.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 10:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He had a good game last game, from the eye test; even made some tackles downfield, after our LBs and DBs couldn't.

Dunlap still leads the team in TFL, despite missing a game; hopefully Taylor can't keep him at bay or Ogbuehi gets some time, on Sunday.

At least he still remembers how to trail a play, since he's forgotten how to be effective at the point of attack.   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 10:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He had a good game last game, from the eye test; even made some tackles downfield, after our LBs and DBs couldn't.

Ogbuehi has played 58 snaps this year and grades out at 61.6. Still a bust, but decent backup Tackle stats I suppose.

Interesting isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 11:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least he still remembers how to trail a play, since he's forgotten how to be effective at the point of attack.   Cool

Lawson?

I think he gives Robinson fits on Sunday.

(10-16-2019, 11:20 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ogbuehi has played 58 snaps this year and grades out at 61.6. Still a bust, but decent backup Tackle stats I suppose.

Interesting isn't it?

Mhm, not stellar, as we expected.

Again, I'm HOPING one of the two events happens lol; as mentioned above, I think Lawson will have a good game against Robinson.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 11:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lawson?

I think he gives Robinson fits on Sunday.

Mhm, not stellar, as we expected.

Again, I'm HOPING one of the two events happens lol; as mentioned above, I think Lawson will have a good game against Robinson.

Yeah...and then hopefully some turnovers result for the Jags.

I think their gameplan will be Fournette early and often. Then, the good coaches use a lot of misdirection against us.

Not sure if Jacksonville will do that or not.
Reply/Quote
You mean the Bengals have at least one part of the team underperforming? Boy! If someone had said such a thing any time since the demise of one Paul Brown I wouldn't have believed it. Luckily nobody ever said it. No wait..maybe they actually did. It's tough remembering all the negative things said about the Bengals over the years so I'll just put on my Bengals glasses and pretend it never happened. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:40 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep...and with the misdirection, if they rush too aggressively, they'll get burned. Not that they don't get burned anyways.

The talent on defense is much higher than the results. I get that our LB's are bad, but not this bad. Preston Brown was atleast an average LB before.

They are that bad Preston lost what 15 to 20 pounds so he can't take on Blockers anymore. Also the speed isn't there for him either. So he is just slow & Small right now.

Vigil is more surprising to me. Last season after 5 weeks he lead the league in stops for a off LB and was around a 70 PFF. Since then his play has stunk maybe his knee never fully recovered but he looks slow and lost out.there.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Lawson like many Bengals thrives in the pre-season.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Our new ESPN writer has noticed this too. Today’s article from Ben Baby:

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/31615/bengals-pass-rush-needs-spark-from-five-stars-like-geno-atkins
Reply/Quote
Wow - Lou is kind of calling out some guys on defense -

"The five stars have to play like five stars," Bengals defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo said. "That’s how that goes. When you have guys that are Pro Bowlers and high-level players they’ve got to play good."
Reply/Quote