Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Issues Start with the Lines
(03-01-2017, 10:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, and where is the major weakness on this line, and where does most of the pressure come from (pre 2016)?  Pressure from one side or the other is one thing....when it's coming up the gut and in your face is another.  Also, he kills us in the run game and makes us one dimensional, which is a death sentence in the postseason.  Blodine is a much bigger problem than some people realize.

I will add that Hue had the ability to "gameplan" around Bodine's weaknesses...I don't have the same faith in Zamp.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2017, 04:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Gone are the days when our defensive line could get consistent pressure on the QB from the Front 4 alone. This makes us have to blitz with LB's who aside from Burfict aren't good pass rushers. It also makes us play more zone and exposes our safeties who aren't good in pass coverage.

On offense, our line isn't good at pass protecting. It is also equally poor in run blocking. Imagine if we could run the ball for a healthy average against good teams...

To be honest, with the $15 million cap space available number...even if we can retain Whitworth...I struggle to see how we can improve both lines. In the draft we may get a DE or LB...but we have a lot of needs.

Billings isn't going to be a guy who pressures the QB. He will be more of a run plugger.

If we get a pass rusher in the first two rounds i believe this could definately change.

Plus i disagree with your assessment of Billings. He is a decent pass rusher as well as a run stopper, he can do both.

Should only help learning from Geno. A dude as strong as Billings can just push O-lineman into the QB. Billings is a
much better pass rusher than Peko already. The concern is the injury with me. Don't know if he will be the same for
awhile after that, might take some time. Thank God he is so young.

I agree with you about the O-line though. This has been handled terribly by everyone involved. We have to Re-sign
Whit cause of these idiots if we want to not regress. You should never put yourself in this position and as much as
Marv and the FO want to talk this down, this is some serious shit that could destroy this team for a long time.

Re-sign Whitworth, bring in Ricky Wagner, draft one of the top Centers and let our other guys compete at RG.

This is what i would do to keep this from being a downward spiral for everyone.
Reply/Quote