Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our LB's and Secondary have Regressed Horribly
(09-16-2019, 05:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: The dline played great week one. The secondary....... when Wilson wasn't getting sacked, was giving up big play after big play at will.

C'mon man, you can't just make up shit like this and expect people to believe it.

Wilson completed two long passes.  Other than that he had 110 yds on 18 attempts.  He only converted four 3rd downs for the entire game.
Reply/Quote
Surprised that Dre is the highest ranked on the list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man, you can't just make up shit like this and expect people to believe it.

Wilson completed two long passes.  Other than that he had 110 yds on 18 attempts.  He only converted four 3rd downs for the entire game.

Because of the dline. When he had a chance, he made the plays.

That was the difference in the game.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, that means Geno Atkins sucks also.

Rolleyes

Brilliant logic there, jj22.

No it doesn't. But keep acting like you didn't see big play after big play through the air against this D last year.

I think Bates is overrated.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because of the dline. When he had a chance, he made the plays.

He was not pressured on 18 of 20 attempts.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 07:09 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What are you talking about?

Oh, just the worst passing defense in recent Bengals history last season.

You know, the D that gave up yards per game at a historic rate, and couldn't make a 3rd down stop the majority of the year.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was not pressured on 18 of 20 attempts.

So are you arguing the Dline didn't have a great game?

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: SF seemed to know EXACTLY how to attack them too. Misdirection.

well based on how aggressive we were vs Seattle that seems the perfect plan and apparently it was
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think Bates is overrated.

Not surprised.  You think every Bengal sucks.

You got any proof that Bates was responsible for all the big plays we gave up last year?

Jets had the 29th ranked defense last year (24th passing) but they had a safety that was first team All Pro (Jamal Adams).  Pretty stupid to say every player on a bad defense sucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: So are you arguing the Dline didn't have a great game?

No.  I am just pointing out that your claim that when Wilson "was not sacked" he made "big play after big play at will" is 100% horse shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not surprised.  You think every Bengal sucks.

Well that's where you are wrong, and I can't debate fake news.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I am just pointing out that your claim that when Wilson "was not sacked" he made "big play after big play at will" is 100% horse shit.

The scoreboard ( and Metcalf) disagrees.

If we stop Wilsons big plays through the air, we win the game.

Disagree, well that's you.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oh, just the worst passing defense in recent Bengals history last season.

You know, the D that gave up yards per game at a historic rate, and couldn't make a 3rd down stop the majority of the year.

Oh bull crap  not what you were talking about. You damn well know Bates wasn't getting beat all the time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Oh bull crap  not what you were talking about. You damn well know Bates wasn't getting beat all the time.

I'll have to reread my posts to see where I said Bates was getting beat all the time.

You might be following a little too close to Fred. I'd be careful. He'll lead you into a trap dealing with me and then abandon you to argue a lame change of subject argument no one ever specified.

But I don't care enough about the subject to continue on. I said what I said. And I think Bates is overrated, so far in his Bengal career. Not that he can't be what we need in a FS, but there was enough mud to be slung on all defenders after that historically bad 2018 season.

Reply/Quote