Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Next Right Tackle?
(02-28-2022, 03:00 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I have changed my mind. Any guy that big that can block, run and pass for a TD is athletic enough for me.
With his number being 78 he may just be our next Anthony Munoz.
Do you take him at 31 or hope that he will be there at 63?

I personally wouldn't take him at 31.
If I really like him and don't think he'd fall to 63, I'll trade back from 31 or up from 63 to get him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No way I spend a first round pick on this guy. I do not want to count on him year 1 and whatever player/position we take in the first round should be a guy making an impact right away. I really hope we take care of the line in Free Agency so we do not have to force a pick at Offensive Tackle in the first round.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 04:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So you're suggesting we draft an all pro center in the 2nd round and an all rookie guard in the 6th round?

Well shit, why didn't the Bengals think of that last year? 

It's so simple. 

Hilarious

Of course, we could have taken Humphrey in the 2nd instead of Carman, and the other Trey in the 6th.  Right idea, wrong execution.
Reply/Quote
I think we trade back from 31 to 40 or so for a team to come up and get a 5th year option on one of these QB’s that no one knows if they will be good or not. With two 2nds and probably a 3rd plus something else we will get more flexibility and in reality the guys we want at 31 very well may be there at 40 as I suspect a run on QBs between 30-40.
Reply/Quote
I always take this guy in Madden in the 2nd round. In video games his large size helps. But I have injuries turned off. Lol. I worry about him eating his way out of the league like Beckton is currently doing
Reply/Quote
Too much risk for a first round pick Imo. There's a such thing as being too big, especially when dealing with freak athletes like NFL edge rushers.

I kind of feel hesitant about most of the tackles that are projected to be available when we pick. It's such a hard curve to project from college to NFL and when guys are busts, they are major busts. I thing we need a surer thing with this pick given that we pick so late in each round.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 12:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think we trade back from 31 to 40 or so for a team to come up and get a 5th round option on one of these QB’s that no one knows if they will be good or not. With two 2nds and probably a 3rd plus something else we will get more flexibility and in reality the guys we want at 31 very well may be there at 40 as I suspect a run on QBs between 30-40.

5th year option, not round lol.

I'd potentially be ok with a trade back, but I'd hate to stay up so late to watch into the late 1st round just for Bengals to trade out of it right before they pick lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 04:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 5th year option, not round lol.

I'd potentially be ok with a trade back, but I'd hate to stay up so late to watch into the late 1st round just for Bengals to trade out of it right before they pick lol.

Too much draft pick talk haha.

Yea, that is the worst part about being successful for sure but it makes Friday a lot more fun!
Reply/Quote
Lets ot sign Bates and use the money to sign a Free agent known commodity Offensive Lineman.
The draft has lots of Safety's and we should be able to nab a good one at 31.
Reply/Quote
Related back to this thread, being reported Bengals did talk to Faalele at the combine.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: Related back to this thread, being reported Bengals did talk to Faalele at the combine.

They should probably talk to every o lineman there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: Related back to this thread, being reported Bengals did talk to Faalele at the combine.

They have also met with Sean Rhyan and Jamaree Salyer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Any talk about interest in Raimann? I know his short arms (and age, and rawness) are things that turn others off but with his strength and athleticism he may turn into a great guard. Has similar measures to Brandon Scherff and Alex Cappa, both converted college tackles.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
After this weekend's Combine, I'm even more convinced that the Bengals probably won't get a NFL-ready OT in this draft class.
The only guys I'd put in that category are Ekwonu, Neal, Cross, and Penning.
All of those guys I expect to be gone in the Top 30 picks, if not the Top 20.

I think if the Bengals are going to get a decent rookie starter at OL in this draft, it's going to be IOL.
Gotta address OT in FA and maybe draft a backup to groom for 1-2 years before potentially taking over as a starter.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 12:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: After this weekend's Combine, I'm even more convinced that the Bengals probably won't get a NFL-ready OT in this draft class.
The only guys I'd put in that category are Ekwonu, Neal, Cross, and Penning.
All of those guys I expect to be gone in the Top 30 picks, if not the Top 20.

I think if the Bengals are going to get a decent rookie starter at OL in this draft, it's going to be IOL.
Gotta address OT in FA and maybe draft a backup to groom for 1-2 years before potentially taking over as a starter.

Penning would be the best option, but I see us getting DT-Devonte Wyatt from Georgia in the # 1 b/c Penning won't be around. Zion Johnson-Big?? for a #1 pick;
Jamaree Salyers from Georgia will play OG and maybe wouldn't be a bad pick-up in the #2;

3rd round I see Arizona's OT Kellen Diesch and then NDSU Cordell Volson OT or Luke Fortner from KY in the Mid-to-later rounds.  

6 and 7 rounds, TE-Woods from Virginia, Ben Brown-OG Ol'Miss, Also, one WR that hasn't been mentioned that's been compared to Antonio Brown is Danny Grey from SMU(Speedster), and I also like QB- EJ Perry from Brown to backup Joe for our last pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 09:28 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Penning would be the best option, but I see us getting DT-Devonte Wyatt from Georgia in the # 1 b/c Penning won't be around. Zion Johnson-Big?? for a #1 pick;
Jamaree Salyers from Georgia will play OG and maybe wouldn't be a bad pick-up in the #2;

3rd round I see Arizona's OT Kellen Diesch and then NDSU Cordell Volson OT or Luke Fortner from KY in the Mid-to-later rounds.  

6 and 7 rounds, TE-Woods from Virginia, Ben Brown-OG Ol'Miss, Also, one WR that hasn't been mentioned that's been compared to Antonio Brown is Danny Grey from SMU(Speedster), and I also like QB- EJ Perry from Brown to backup Joe for our last pick.

How is Zion Johnson a big question mark for Pick 31?

Jelani Woods isn't lasting to Rd 6 or 7 after his Combine performance. Combine that with his production this past year in college and he's a Rd 3 or Rd 4.

I'm not as high on Devonte Wyatt as some. I just feel if he was such a good pass rushing IDL, he would have had at least one season in 4 years with more than 2.5 sacks.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 10:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How is Zion Johnson a big question mark for Pick 31?

Jelani Woods isn't lasting to Rd 6 or 7 after his Combine performance. Combine that with his production this past year in college and he's a Rd 3 or Rd 4.

I'm not as high on Devonte Wyatt as some. I just feel if he was such a good pass rushing IDL, he would have had at least one season in 4 years with more than 2.5 sacks.

Unless we can get a 5-Star OL in round 1, like Penning, I'd rather take the best Defensive player available.  Wyatt would replace Larry Ogunjobi or BJ Hill, b/c I don't see us keeping both. (Although I hope we do)  If we're keeping them both then a CB.  I also wouldn't mind Kaiir Elem but he gets many PIs. So now I'm looking at Kyler Gordon who had a bad combine, but I think is a better choice than Elem.  

2nd: I guess can we agree on Georgia's Jarmee Salyer, he's moving to OG;
3rd: Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert, We need a TE to run effective 31-sets 
4th: NDSU-OT Cordell Volson played OT, but played OG in East-West Shrine, and UK's-C Luke Fortner to be mentored by Jensen (Fingers crossed)
5th: N.Sewell for depth at Will LB; he's a coverage OLB that can also play Mike
6th: Ben Brown- OG Ol'Miss
7th: Danny Gray WR-SMU some say he compares to Antiano Brown and will back up Boyd, and finally: EJ Perry QB-Brown U- He had a great combine, and b/c he is an all-around athlete and it never hurts to have a guy like him around. 

*We're signing an OT, and a C in FA
Reply/Quote
Today was Minnesota's Pro Day tweets are saying Daniel Faalele jumped a 29.5 inch vert which isnt bad but he ran a 5.6.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 07:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Today was Minnesota's Pro Day tweets are saying Daniel Faalele jumped a 29.5 inch vert which isnt bad but he ran a 5.6.

May 6th? Damn, that’s slow.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 07:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Today was Minnesota's Pro Day tweets are saying Daniel Faalele jumped a 29.5 inch vert which isnt bad but he ran a 5.6.

You could time his 40 yard dash with a sundial.
Reply/Quote