Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Offensive Personnel is going to be vastly different
Anyone else hearing Jefferson to the Bengals on thier Twitter feed?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:33 PM)J24 Wrote: Anyone else hearing Jefferson to the Bengals on thier Twitter feed?

Yes...but it's just people talking I think.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This just isn't true. People don't realize how bad Mixon was the past couple of years. 

The question is how much of it was Mixon vs how much of it is our team run blocking. I saw a stat on X after the trade and it said Mixon ranked 4th in YAC in receiving yards. Will be interesting to follow and while I'll be rooting for Moss to succeed I don't see him as an improvement over Mixon but I don't see him as a drastic step down either. Although the pass blocking should be a benefit.
Reply/Quote
With Burrow, all things ae possible.

So say the church?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: It'll be different. Won't have the same aura of "big 3" or even known talent. (if Tee leaves).

If Tee is traded (not likely), then the only starters on Offense from the Superbowl run are Burrow and Chase. Unless I'm missing someone.

In two years... That's how quick the window inches shut.

As long as we have Burrow, the window is always open.

And losing the 5 starters on the OLine from the SB, can only have opened the door, not shut it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He is a much more efficient player.  He has a higher YPC, is noted as being able to break tackles, good in short yardage/goal line.  Whereas the past few seasons, Mixon has just been a volume guy that gets yards from a ton of touches.

Yeah but Brownshoe just doesn't see it.....haven't you heard him?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pretty interesting.

Mixon out. Moss in.
Tee Higgins? Who knows?
Chase
Gesecki at TE
Boyd? Who knows? Likely gone.

I think Moss is better than the way Mixon had been playing.
Gesecki should be no worse than the TE play we saw last year.
Hopefully Chase is fully healthy.

Then, we'll see what they do at WR.

Likely a new RT too.

Yes, it will be different. 

How is that for me keeping a post shorter. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 05:33 PM)J24 Wrote: Anyone else hearing Jefferson to the Bengals on thier Twitter feed?

It's just people talking and making the obvious connections. It isn't going to happen, it would take a huge haul to get Jefferson and his contract would be absurd. He turned down $30+MM already, according to Schefter. 

A lot of people were on the fence about Tee from a financial perspective, but Jefferson is likely to be $10MM+ higher and require multiple high picks. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 06:18 PM)kevin Wrote: Yes, it will be different. 

How is that for me keeping a post shorter. 

You could follow Homer Simpson's lead. 

He used a Y to stand for Yes on his Computer to triple his productivity.

Then say "Y, diff" to get an even shorter Post.  Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 06:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It's just people talking and making the obvious connections. It isn't going to happen, it would take a huge haul to get Jefferson and his contract would be absurd. He turned down $30+MM already, according to Schefter. 

A lot of people were on the fence about Tee from a financial perspective, but Jefferson is likely to be $10MM+ higher and require multiple high picks. 

Counter point
The Bengals have the picks and players to make it happen. Tee,  Browning, 18th pick, and 80th pick. The only question at that point is compensation. Chase has already stated he is willing to take a pay cut for it too happen but the bigger question is would Jefferson and Burrow do it as well? It did happen in the NBA with the Heatles!

FYI I do not think it will happen either but it is fun to talk about it! He'll if we make a big trade with Tee I would rather it be for a defensive player!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
good thing it will look different, last season's was underachieving...in offense.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 06:48 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: good thing it will look different, last season's was underachieving...in offense.

That is not really a fair statement to make.  When Joe Burrow was fully healthy in the middle part of the season, the Bengals offense was ON and went on a stretch of beating some good teams in succession.  Now, with the 3 WR in 11 personnel getting easier for defenses to defend, I can completely understand why Zac Taylor might want to change the dynamics of the offense a bit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is not really a fair statement to make.  When Joe Burrow was fully healthy in the middle part of the season, the Bengals offense was ON and went on a stretch of beating some good teams in succession.  Now, with the 3 WR in 11 personnel getting easier for defenses to defend, I can completely understand why Zac Taylor might want to change the dynamics of the offense a bit.

Yeah we smoked the 49ers when we were healthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:19 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah we smoked the 49ers when we were healthy.

I think the problem is we were not consistent. Including our players for whatever reason, seems like the players we lost had a lot to do with the chemistry and it showed.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He is a much more efficient player.  He has a higher YPC, is noted as being able to break tackles, good in short yardage/goal line.  Whereas the past few seasons, Mixon has just been a volume guy that gets yards from a ton of touches.

4.1 vs 4.3 not a great difference , say what you want about Mixon but he was a TD machine past three years and not just running, catching TDs mixed in.. that is the area where Moss is not efficient pass catching compared to Mixon and Mixon is very secure with the ball. Moss does have upsides in areas also.. especially strong blocker and a bit better in cuts and reads but notice he has the hop step in backfield like Mixon and is a slower runner like Mixon

In the end more of a lateral move but saved $$, that is why main reason Bengals did the move.. hopefully our Oline gets better to open more holes for Moss and Brown this year
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 09:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 4.1 vs 4.3 not a great difference , say what you want about Mixon but he was a TD machine past three years and not just running, catching TDs mixed in.. that is the area where Moss is not efficient pass catching compared to Mixon and Mixon is very secure with the ball. Moss does have upsides in areas also.. especially strong blocker and a bit better in cuts and reads but notice he has the hop step in backfield like Mixon and is a slower runner like Mixon

In the end more of a lateral move but saved $$, that is why main reason Bengals did the move.. hopefully our Oline gets better to open more holes for Moss and Brown this year

4.5 vs 4.0 over the past couple years.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 09:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 4.5 vs 4.0 over the past couple years.

Yeah, that is actually a bigger difference than Essex makes out. Plus Moss being great running out of the Shotgun is a crazy upgrade as 
Mixon was slow to get up to speed and was one of the worst running out of the Shotgun. Mixon had so much more chances being the main
RB on this team and I cannot remember how many times he was stuffed in short yardage, something Moss is really good at.

I don't see a reason why Moss won't be a TD machine for us.
Reply/Quote