Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9 & 85 + 9 & 85
(10-07-2020, 11:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not arguing that Burrow hasn't played better in his first 4 games compared to Palmer, but....

Average QB Stats
2004: 59.8% Completion, 210.5 passing yards/gm, 7.1 YPA, 1.4 TD/gm, 1.0 INT/gm, 82.8 QB Rating
2020: 66.7% Completion, 249.8 passing yards/gm, 7.5 YPA, 1.8 TD/gm, 0.8 INT/gm, 96.5 QB Rating

It's kind of pointless to compare QB stats from different eras.

How fast does time go that we're already an era removed from Carson Palmer.

And what I wouldn't give to see Joe Burrow behind that '04 and -05 line.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 01:52 AM)McC Wrote: How fast does time go that we're already an era removed from Carson Palmer.

And what I wouldn't give to see Joe Burrow behind that '04 and -05 line.

Seeing him throw to Chad and TJ would have also been something. I think Higgins is going to end being pretty good, but let’s be honest, right now Burrow really only has one reliable WR in Boyd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 12:49 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Was it me or was Joe kind of like "who the **** are these two?!"

Hilarious  Hilarious

I appreciate Carson and Chad saying that and, honestly, Joe and Tee's connection had me seeing Carson and Chad out there!

They both kind of look like their counterpart!

Joe didn't seem as similar with the way he throws as Tee is with the way Carson threw, but Tee running routes was similar to Chad, IMCO!

LOVED IT and I love that they're cheering us on!

I still think it was Carson's hair lol

Joe, Tee and Chad are tight.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 12:18 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That's just jealousy of Palmer is all it is . . . He did what almost every Bengal fan wants to do but can't.

Tell Mike Brown "**** you" and then just walk away.

I can 'kind of' understand how some people think he walked away from them, but I can also admire Palmer for saying "I'm done with this crap, see ya."

Exactly. But sadly, a lot of Bengal/Ohio State fans turned on Carson after his good-natured smack talk about the Buckeyes in 2008. Carson “quitting on the city of Cincinnati” gave them a convenient excuse to hate him further Whatever

I hope one day these select few people get over it and give Carson credit for telling Mike Brown to shove it.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I still think it was Carson's hair lol

Joe, Tee and Chad are tight.

Carson said during an interview with Rich Eisen yesterday that he uses something called a “Flow-bee” to trim his hair thanks to covid shutting dow barber shops, whatever that is LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 01:22 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Carson said during an interview with Rich Eisen yesterday that he uses something called a “Flow-bee” to trim his hair thanks to covid shutting dow barber shops, whatever that is LOL

Dude, you don't know the Flowbie? LMAO

Yeah, he's living in Idaho and not giving a ****....good for him.

He said on the Rich Eisen show he's been watching Joe and the Bengals all year. He actually gave the FO props for spending money this off-season and hopes they'll continue to build around Joe.  Chad evidently just showed up at his place in an RV.....lol.  People need to get over that butthurt shit....Palmer was right to stick it to Son of Paul. End of story.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 06:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: ..Palmer was right to stick it to Son of Paul. End of story.

It's not that so much that bothers me, but it is the constant shots he has taken at the team long after leaving. Until Burrow got here..... now, he wants to jump back on the bandwagon.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 08:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not that so much that bothers me, but it is the constant shots he has taken at the team long after leaving. Until Burrow got here..... now, he wants to jump back on the bandwagon.

What shots exactly? Because from everything I’ve seen, all Carson has done is honestly answer questions reporters have asked him. I’ve never seen Carson seek out he media with the goal to trash the Bengals. Carson simply responded with answers that many of us would likely agree with
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 12:27 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: What shots exactly? Because from everything I’ve seen, all Carson has done is honestly answer questions reporters have asked him. I’ve never seen Carson seek out he media with the goal to trash the Bengals. Carson simply responded with answers that many of us would likely agree with

You agreed that Burrow shouldn't have come here because we don't build teams the, "right," way and that he'd be a wasted talent?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 01:22 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Carson said during an interview with Rich Eisen yesterday that he uses something called a “Flow-bee” to trim his hair thanks to covid shutting dow barber shops, whatever that is LOL

Lol, I know what a "Flowbie" is and he ain't using it right LMAO!!! Hilarious

(10-09-2020, 06:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: Dude, you don't know the Flowbie? LMAO

Yeah, he's living in Idaho and not giving a ****....good for him.

He said on the Rich Eisen show he's been watching Joe and the Bengals all year. He actually gave the FO props for spending money this off-season and hopes they'll continue to build around Joe.  Chad evidently just showed up at his place in an RV.....lol.  People need to get over that butthurt shit....Palmer was right to stick it to Son of Paul. End of story.

Awesome, didn't know Carson was living in Idaho and Chad just showed up at his place in an RV. That is just great. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 01:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You agreed that Burrow shouldn't have come here because we don't build teams the, "right," way and that he'd be a wasted talent?

I sure didn't, that was bogus by Carson, later on he took it back though.
Reply/Quote