Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Running Game has Been Bad for 3 Years+
(09-25-2017, 07:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We had a prime Rudi Johnson for the 2006 season (25th in YPC).

We were also in the 20's a couple times even with Dillon.

I guess I remember him being more effective than the stats tell.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We aren't going to be a consistent winner until we can run the ball.

Hint: The issue isn't the RB's. We need a better Center for one.

Before people say Mixon is the answer...he rushed for 3.4 ypc. The line is obviously the answer.

seems EVERY year I want the Bengals to draft a Center in rd #2
they never do...
they just don't like quality centers....
SMH  
kicking a dead horse.... Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I guess I remember him being more effective than the stats tell.

Rudi's fall coincided with Rich Braham's injury (2006).

We basically haven't had an efficient run game since Braham, which is something people used to complain about, but it's long since forgotten.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We aren't going to be a consistent winner until we can run the ball.

Hint: The issue isn't the RB's. We need a better Center for one.

Before people say Mixon is the answer...he rushed for 3.4 ypc. The line is obviously the answer.

I disagree.  Our running game has not been good for pushing ten years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 08:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Rudi's fall coincided with Rich Braham's injury (2006).

We basically haven't had an efficient run game since Braham, which is something people used to complain about, but it's long since forgotten.

It's as if a Center were important... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's as if a Center were important... Sarcasm

Mike didn't learn that from Dad, who made a C the first ever Bengal pick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote