Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Time Is Coming Reds Country!
Tiger

The wait won't be much longer the time will come very soon! The club is being constructed now for 2024 & to be the best in baseball in 2025. We have superstars in the system waiting to come up & show! October in Cincy is coming soon and you'll start to see glimpses this summer!

Reply/Quote
Hmm, some may have doubts, as from hearing this similar story every 5 years, like an endless loop. Can you provide any hard proof of the Reds being viable of reaching the top again?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, some may have doubts, as from hearing this similar story every 5 years, like an endless loop.  Can you provide any hard proof of the Reds being viable of reaching the top again?

Tiger

No stats. Just believe it in my heart because its time.
The Reds will be back totally as a perennial power in 2025. The City of Cincinnati will be Titletown in two sports by 2025!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:43 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

No stats. Just believe it in my heart because its time.

When I see the next version of Nasty Boys in the pen, the next Eric Davis, the next Barry Larkin, etc. in the dugout, I'll start believing.  But until then, you'll never convince me that current Reds management has the capital or the desire to make the Reds into a truly competitive team.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When I see the next version of Nasty Boys in the pen, the next Eric Davis, the next Barry Larkin, etc. in the dugout, I'll start believing.  But until then, you'll never convince me that current Reds management has the capital or the desire to make the Reds into a truly competitive team.

Tiger

We don't have a Barry Larkin just yet but everything else is in the system now. I mean potential superstars!! If you look deep in that system its going to be devastating and possibly a dynasty.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:51 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

We don't have a Barry Larkin just yet but everything else is in the system now. I mean potential superstars!! If you look deep in that system its going to be devastating and possibly a dynasty.

Perhaps, but you know that prospects are a lot like magic beans, which are a lot like the psychedelic's that I experimented with, back in my college days.  They can either take you to a magical place that is wonderful, or they can take you to a dark place that you hope to never see again.

However, as far as management of the team goes, as soon as any of those magic beans shows enough promise toward being actual star quality, they will soon be dealt for some washed-up has bens and a few never-will-bes. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Tiger

The one thing that I hope that the Reds don't do is try to be something your not. That means match the success of the Bengals. They are where they are! You are where you are. Ok. The Reds are going to be special in the coming years and I think that they know that. The Bengals are up now as they should be to be champions. You'll be up next to win your 6th!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 10:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perhaps, but you know that prospects are a lot like magic beans, which are a lot like the psychedelic's that I experimented with, back in my college days.  They can either take you to a magical place that is wonderful, or they can take you to a dark place that you hope to never see again.

However, as far as management of the team goes, as soon as any of those magic beans shows enough promise toward being actual star quality, they will soon be dealt for some washed-up has bens and a few never-will-bes. 

You really have to trust your scouting department if you're going to stake your future to prospects in MLB.  There are countless guys out there that never live up to their expectations.  

If prospects were sure things, they'd be in the majors.  They all have something in their game that's being developed.  Developing power is a thing that can happen through training and maturing physically.  Plate discipline is a different story.  Mega-arms that throw 99 in high school have gifts that can't be taught, but teaching them the two or three more pitches they need to be anything but MLB bullpen arms is tough.  

IMO, even if you're insanely gifted physically, baseball is the hardest sport to play at the pro level by a lot.  That's why it takes these guys so long to develop.  Even the best prodigies have no shot against MLB players without years of development in the minors.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:51 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

The days of a small market team like the Reds having "a dynasty" are long gone. The best we can hope for is couple years of being relevant with maybe, just maybe, 1 championship.

And IMHO even the chance of that under the current ownership are close to pipe dream area. I hope I'm wrong, for the record.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When I see the next version of Nasty Boys in the pen, the next Eric Davis, the next Barry Larkin, etc. in the dugout, I'll start believing.  But until then, you'll never convince me that current Reds management has the capital or the desire to make the Reds into a truly competitive team.

Rock On

To think that your getting a thumbs up on something like this isn't Reds Family. My defense and I've been in many fights about it is the kids we have on the farm. Now before you crucify me and tell me that Eric Davis isn't showing up I'll give you Elly De Le Cruz. I know hes not proven but I believe in him to be a superstar. You talked about pitching and we have two aces in Greene and Lolo but two ready to come up out of tripleA. Yes, Votto will come off of our books soon very soon. I've said 2025 we'll contend for a Championship. Hold me to it. This team thats being built is a dynasty and it will be young and great. We'll get our young manger after this season as well!
Reply/Quote
Tiger

They may even win + 65 games this year.
Im telling you right now on 1/28/23. It'll be one of the best teams in baseball in 2025. They'll make a whole lot of noise in 2024 and put the MLB on notice. The one thing that people don't realize is how many Championships the Reds already have!!!  They think 75/76 automatically then 90. No thats not it because actually it was one of the first Major League teams that won two more.I can't even name all of the legends that came through Cincinnati. This is a historical franchise that will never move from Cincy because baseball won't allow it.Yes, It can be sold and regardless of what came out . The Reds could be sold in two days and never leave Cincy. You know the reason why they won't sell? Its because of a big ego. Thats it!
Reply/Quote

These guys can play multiple positions at a high level!
Remember these names because you'll know them soon.
Reply/Quote
3 shortstops and a 3b as our top prospects. I would think management would trade one away at any time. Baseball is a business and holding a wanted player is good.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
You want to hear something that will make you want to gouge your eyes out with a spork?

Even after the tankfest, the Cardinals still have a more highly regarded farm system than the Reds. They didn't even have to see their best players and cry poor to get it. Gross.
Reply/Quote