Keep the hype content rolling in.
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/-z2rX_fjm-4
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

that's awesome

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
At the age of 41, this is my all-time favorite Bengals team.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 11:05 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: At the age of 41, this is my all-time favorite Bengals team.

39 here. Same. If they can break on through to the other side on Saturday….holy moly
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Fred will be along shortly to tell us how the players are just paying lip service and how Taylor is a terrible coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 11:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fred will be along shortly to tell us how the players are just paying lip service and how Taylor is a terrible coach.

Or they spliced words together and those players didn’t really say those things
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 11:20 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: 39 here. Same. If they can break on through to the other side on Saturday….holy moly

What a change from you, from before the season (not giving you shit or snarky or anything; just noting your shift in demeanor).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 11:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Fred will be along shortly to tell us how the players are just paying lip service and how Taylor is a terrible coach.

I shake my head and laugh at remembering all the people saying this guy was in way over his head.... Some of those people you dont see a post from anymore. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:49 PM)pally Wrote: that's awesome

I know I am going to come off as a jock sniffer, but I absolutely love the vibe of this team.  There is a youthful energy and enthusiasm that I believe springs from the culture of ZT and Tobin getting QUALITY individuals (almost all were captains) from winning backgrounds, and then the leader of it all, Joe Burrow. 

Burrow's work in rehab and his leadership of this team (Does everyone remember the first Raven game where he said to Higgins and Boyd:  "If we can win this division, we can win it all") has the entire team thinking they should win every time they take the field.  You could see it in the KC game.  

No one team out there is absolutely better than the Bengals.  Every team has flaws.  The Bengals have a real shot, and I am just loving every minute of this season.  

Sure, the future is bright, but I am not looking past this season.  Enjoying this so damn much.
Reply/Quote
In an effort to keep the hype going i found this:

https://youtu.be/B_0eJhhXhxU
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What a change from you, from before the season (not giving you shit or snarky or anything; just noting your shift in demeanor).

As a famous guy once said "Winning fixes a lot of things".  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know I am going to come off as a jock sniffer, but I absolutely love the vibe of this team.  There is a youthful energy and enthusiasm that I believe springs from the culture of ZT and Tobin getting QUALITY individuals (almost all were captains) from winning backgrounds, and then the leader of it all, Joe Burrow. 

Burrow's work in rehab and his leadership of this team (Does everyone remember the first Raven game where he said to Higgins and Boyd:  "If we can win this division, we can win it all") has the entire team thinking they should win every time they take the field.  You could see it in the KC game.  

No one team out there is absolutely better than the Bengals.  Every team has flaws.  The Bengals have a real shot, and I am just loving every minute of this season.  

Sure, the future is bright, but I am not looking past this season.  Enjoying this so damn much.

One of the reasons I’ve supported Zac was because it was obvious when listening to the players that he had not lost the locker room despite the losses. I’ve heard players giving lip service support to their coaches and that’s not what these guys were doing. These guys were genuinely supportive of Zac. When I saw all the back stabbing going on with Urban Meyer all I could think was no one on the Bengals did that even when their record was that bad. People who didn’t want to buy in are gone unlike in the Marvin years where they hung around setting up a two tier systems. We all heard the stories about people half assing it at practice or sleeping through meetings and sloppy play reflected that. Not saying that they weren’t good players still but that they weren’t all in on changing the Cincinnati culture. The players Zac has selected have led what he’s been trying to do. How many of the current players resumes open with “former team captain” or “coach’s kid”? It takes guts to reject a potentially really good player because they were looking like locker room poison.

We’re having fun because for the first time in a long time the team is having fun. Every time you see the players interact it is easy to see they actually like each other and are not just co workers. There have been lots of interviews these past several weeks with former coaches and players. To a man, they are all saying this team is different from those other teams of the past. They have confidence, swag, joy to go along with talent. We are heading into this game, as fans, thinking our team CAN win. I don’t think any of us, including the team, thought that in any of those 5 straight playoff appearances.

I love this feeling. I love the excitement. I love the real hope. I love the belief. I don’t want it to end.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Great videos and thanks to all who shared.

Its been obvious all season that the players bought in completely with what the staff was doing.

Thats half the battle

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:42 AM)pally Wrote: One of the reasons I’ve supported Zac was because it was obvious when listening to the players that he had not lost the locker room despite the losses.  I’ve heard players giving lip service support to their coaches and that’s not what these guys were doing.  These guys were genuinely supportive of Zac.  When I saw all the back stabbing going on with Urban Meyer all I could think was no one on the Bengals did that even when their record was that bad.  People who didn’t want to buy in are gone unlike in the Marvin years where they hung around setting up a two tier systems.  We all heard the stories about people half assing it at practice or sleeping through meetings and sloppy play reflected that. Not saying that they weren’t good players still but that they weren’t all in on changing the Cincinnati culture.  The players Zac has selected have led what he’s been trying to do.  How many of the current players resumes open with “former team captain” or “coach’s kid”?  It takes guts to reject a potentially really good player because they were looking like locker room poison.

We’re having fun because for the first time in a long time the team is having fun. Every time you see the players interact it is easy to see they actually like each other and are not just co workers.  There have been lots of interviews these past several weeks with former coaches and players.  To a man, they are all saying this team is different from those other teams of the past.  They have confidence, swag, joy to go along with talent. We are heading into this game, as fans, thinking our team CAN win.  I don’t think any of us, including the team, thought that in any of those 5 straight playoff appearances.

I love this feeling.  I love the excitement.  I love the real hope.  I love the belief.  I don’t want it to end.

This is exactly right. For the last two years I got barraged for supporting Zac with his horrible record. But I could listen to his vision, and see that he was working toward that with the players he drafted and brought in. He told us his plan from the beginning. His players love and respect him, and I think he feels the same way about them. I don't get the feeling there is even one player on the roster who is mailing it in to get a paycheck. No more taking plays off. No more divas. No more back biting when a play goes wrong. No more locker room distractions.  Players performing their roles, whether that be holding a run lane instead of going for a sack or making a downfield block instead of catching the ball, and then celebrating their teammates making the play instead of worrying about their own stats. This team is the very definition of a team. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What a change from you, from before the season (not giving you shit or snarky or anything; just noting your shift in demeanor).

A lot of us have done that. The first 2 weeks of the season I was still personally calling for Zac's head. I admire those who had a steadfast belief in him despite all evidence to the contrary. This team was really bad for 2 years, pretty bad for one year, and the definition of meh for 2 years prior to that. All of that followed the 2015 season which was the last time it seems we had a shot.

As this season rolled along, and the wins kept stacking, I had to choice but to reverse my stance on Taylor. It would seem foolish to cling to the idea that he's in over his head. If you don't change your opinion after receiving new evidence, then you (me) are the fool.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:42 AM)pally Wrote: One of the reasons I’ve supported Zac was because it was obvious when listening to the players that he had not lost the locker room despite the losses.  I’ve heard players giving lip service support to their coaches and that’s not what these guys were doing.  These guys were genuinely supportive of Zac.  When I saw all the back stabbing going on with Urban Meyer all I could think was no one on the Bengals did that even when their record was that bad.  People who didn’t want to buy in are gone unlike in the Marvin years where they hung around setting up a two tier systems.  We all heard the stories about people half assing it at practice or sleeping through meetings and sloppy play reflected that. Not saying that they weren’t good players still but that they weren’t all in on changing the Cincinnati culture.  The players Zac has selected have led what he’s been trying to do.  How many of the current players resumes open with “former team captain” or “coach’s kid”?  It takes guts to reject a potentially really good player because they were looking like locker room poison.

We’re having fun because for the first time in a long time the team is having fun. Every time you see the players interact it is easy to see they actually like each other and are not just co workers.  There have been lots of interviews these past several weeks with former coaches and players.  To a man, they are all saying this team is different from those other teams of the past.  They have confidence, swag, joy to go along with talent. We are heading into this game, as fans, thinking our team CAN win.  I don’t think any of us, including the team, thought that in any of those 5 straight playoff appearances.

I love this feeling.  I love the excitement.  I love the real hope.  I love the belief.  I don’t want it to end.

Dead on, Pally.

You touched on the, I guess call it:  Chemistry, on this team.  How everyone loves a guy like Stanley Morgan.  How they play so hard for each other.  I remember when Chase sprinted to catch up to Mixon (and my GOD, can he accelerate) and blow up the would-be tackler so Mixon could score.  That's selfless play that you don't see out of a lot of WRs, let alone the most talented rookie WR in a long time. 

I really like ZT's demeanor.  He has a nice mix of confident and humble.  It is hard not to like him.  When he broke down for a brief moment at the press conference following the Chiefs game, I just was so happy for the guy.  Lots of us were ready to send him packing.  I was willing to give him this year and called it the "no excuses" season.  They don't need any.  

He had the foresight to ease Joe in and not expose him to too much early coming off the injury.  Right now, the entire team is peaking.  I remember thinking "how on earth can the team be so flat" on Marvin's playoff teams.  I think Zac his the player's health and energy at the highest level of concern.  The team has clearly responded. 

Here's to extending the season.  

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
ZT makes some odd decisions but he knows football better than all of us. The things that seem odd to a fan may actually be the most prudent decision, sometimes maybe not. The Bengals organization has come a long way in reality short amount of time. They have brought in good/great coaches and players alike. This team is primed for several years of success. Not just 4th seed success but Superbowl contending success. It is a wonderful time to be a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:11 AM)M.W. Wrote: ZT makes some odd decisions but he knows football better than all of us.  The things that seem odd to a fan may actually be the most prudent decision, sometimes maybe not.  The Bengals organization has come a long way in reality short amount of time. They have brought in good/great coaches and players alike. This team is primed for several years of success.  Not just 4th seed success but Superbowl contending success. It is a wonderful time to be a Bengals fan!

Where Zac excels is when he makes a mistake, he is not afraid to admit it and correct it the next time. He does not let an ego get in his way.
Reply/Quote