RB
WR
TE
DE
DT
CB
S
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our best position group
(07-06-2020, 11:48 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/players/alex-erickson/stats/

What the hell are you talking about?  5 catches over 20 yards and 2 catches over 40 yards last season

How many TDS dId Erickson have ?
If you play 16 ganes and the best you can do is 5 catches over 20 Yds and 2 over that 40 in that time span 
That's pretty subpar. 
John Ross played only 8 games. He had 22 carches for 1st downs. That's good for 78.57 of his total receptions.
If had qualified that would have put him in the top 5 of the AFC. 
He had 12 catches over 20 yards. It's funny how Erickson gets more love for doing less than Ross
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2020, 12:32 PM)impactplaya Wrote: How many TDS dId Erickson have ?
If you play 16 ganes and the best you can do is 5 catches over 20 Yds and 2 over that 40 in that time span 
That's pretty subpar. 
John Ross played only 8 games. He had 22 carches for 1st downs. That's good for 78.57 of his total receptions.
If had qualified that would have put him in the top 5 of the AFC. 
He had 12 catches over 20 yards. It's funny how Erickson gets more love for doing less than Ross

Which is exactly what is said about 49 catches at 42% of targets over a 3 year career for a 1st round pick.

Nonetheless, what was Erickson's role?  Was he asked to be a deep threat?  No.  Yet, despite your assertion in the prior post, he had 7 catches of 20+ yards.

You made the statement that Erickson did not have catches over 20 yards in 2019.  That is wrong.  He had 7.  Those are the facts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2020, 09:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sure enough, complement Ross's skill set and folks are sure to jump out at you.  Do one thing for me:  Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnz6MPmtp4E&ab_channel=JustBombsProductions

It doesn't even have some of his best highlights that he did against Adoree Jackson, a former first-round pick out of USC.  

Using Boyd and Erickson as comparisons because they play in the slot is silly.  Ross plays outside and draws a safety away from the slot WR.  He still averages a TD every five receptions, just like he did in college.  

Ross has phone-booth quicks that no one else on the Bengals has in their arsenal.  Is he the most fluid receiver of the ball?  No.  Does he have a special skill set?  Yes.  If you can't understand that we can just agree to disagree because you won't convince me otherwise.  

Well we will disagree since he has shown nothing on a consistent basis that makes him standout 
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2020, 02:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well we will disagree since he has shown nothing on a consistent basis that makes him standout 

From skill set to consistency.  Ok.  That's not what you originally said at all, but we will just move along. 
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2020, 11:41 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Can you be more specific on how bad his route running is? That's just kind of a bland general statement.
His hands can be better for sure. But I have yet to see Ross drop a,pass in the end zone or dropped one
As he got past leverage or coverage on his way to end zone. 
I can tell from watching and experience you don't catch TDS in the red zone from bad route running. 
Every WR can work on their route running. Jerry Rice still worked on till the day he retired. 
One big issue I see with Ross is not him but how, this playbook has not let him run a full compliment 
Of routes to his advantage. Rarely do I see run whip or pivot routes. You can throw sluggo route in their too.
I need specific examples of his poor route running.
Cause his numbers in limited action improved in 2019 from 2018.
Unlike Alex Erickson , Ross provided big plays over 20 yds in 2019.

And just like his college highlights that I attached earlier, how many times did Ross have to come back for an underthrown ball?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2020, 07:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From skill set to consistency.  Ok.  That's not what you originally said at all, but we will just move along. 

actually it is.. i talked about both.. it is hard to judge skill set when you are not consistent.. because you run one great route but also have multiple bad ones.. that matters.. same with making catches... so yes we will continue to disagree
Reply/Quote
I picked WR With Tate and Erickson We have a solid group of six WR. We got four guys that can start AJ, Ross, Higgins and Boyd.

CB would be my second pick We have four starters there as well just not so sure how good the 5th and 6th guys will be this year.

DT could be real good as well but I only see two for sure starters. Glasgow I really like but the injuries are keeping him off the field so he is not getting better and improving. Tupou is a good back up but not a starter at this point.
Reply/Quote
Hard one, I would say WR if not for the Injuries as of late to AJ and Ross

Have two great DT's now on the team but after Geno and Reader it falls off.

DE is damn good if Lawson can finally stay healthy.

RB is really good with Mixon and Gio and Traveon could be really good.

In the end I voted CB though with us bringing in Waynes, Alexander and WJ3 and Phillips already being here and there is depth.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard one, I would say WR if not for the Injuries as of late to AJ and Ross

In the end I voted CB though with us bringing in Waynes, Alexander and WJ3 and Phillips already being here and there is depth.

We have depth at DT both Glagow and Tupio have 3 years in  I believe and 4th round pick Wren from 2019.. the bottom line I dont see any starters superior to our Atkins and Reeder and that is more important than backup depth to me.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 05:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We have depth at DT both Glagow and Tupio have 3 years in  I believe and 4th round pick Wren from 2019.. the bottom line I dont see any starters superior to our Atkins and Reeder and that is more important than backup depth to me.

Glasgow has just not been able to stay healthy, you could be correct if both Glasgow and Wren can step up their game.

You are correct about no starters being superior to those two that is for damn sure on Defense.

An argument surely can be made for Green and Boyd on Offense but Green hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Also could make an argument for Dunlap and Hubbard on D. Like I said, this is a hard one.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 06:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Glasgow has just not been able to stay healthy, you could be correct if both Glasgow and Wren can step up their game.

You are correct about no starters being superior to those two that is for damn sure on Defense.

An argument surely can be made for Green and Boyd on Offense but Green hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Also could make an argument for Dunlap and Hubbard on D. Like I said, this is a hard one.

Even healthy i see a hard argument of Green and Boyd vs. Aktins and Reeder.. Atkins is now borderline HOF and Green is not... Reader has had a solid 4 years... so i put them above Green and Boyd
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard one, I would say WR if not for the Injuries as of late to AJ and Ross

Disagree about Defensive Tackle
Andrew Brown shows serious promise at 3t he just needs snaps, Tupo is a good NT in his own right, Glasgow is a good player and coming back from injury, and Wren has a ton of Talent. I think the D-Line could be the best group in the entire NFL this season we are deep at both DT and DE.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 01:09 AM)J24 Wrote: Disagree about Defensive Tackle
Andrew Brown shows serious promise at 3t he just needs snaps, Tupo is a good NT in his own right, Glasgow is a good player and coming back from injury, and Wren has a ton of Talent. I think the D-Line could be the best group in the entire NFL this season we are deep at both DT and DE.

If we can stay healthy at DT and DE I agree. Glasgow and Lawson just haven't been able to stay healthy.

Andrew Brown is more of a hybrid DT/DE and yeah think he has serious promise. Very talented.

Wren looks the part but he hasn't played like it.
Reply/Quote