RB
WR
TE
DE
DT
CB
S
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our best position group
Also, why was TE even an option? I would love to see someone try and make that case...lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2020, 06:27 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I went with DT with Reader, Tupou, Wren, Glasgow and Geno.  I think Clark may make the Roster.  Very deep group.

It was a tossup but I went with DT over WR.  DT has the cream of the crop with a prime top 5 NT in Reader, an aging but still Pro Bowl type Geno and solid depth with upside behind them.

WR could be the pick if Higgins catches on quick, AJ is healthy and Ross plays desperate for a contract.  You could even put DE right there as well really.  
Reply/Quote
WR just over RB.
Reply/Quote
Glad to see we are getting it right. It's definitely WR considering we have the best WR group in the league.
Reply/Quote
It should be corner.  They've spent an awful lot of draft capital and now FA money on that position.  WJIII has shown flashes of brilliance, particularly in man coverage.  Waynes is billed as a sure tackler without holes in his game.  Alexander is billed as a rising star who can both cover and tackle from the slot.  

It might be WR.  Green is outstanding, Boyd is ascending, Ross is a wildcard, Tate has TE type of hands, Erickson is solid/flexible, and I have high hopes for Higgins.  

DT or DE have some great players, obviously, I'm just not so sure that those groups are quite as deep as WR or CB.  
Reply/Quote
For me, I think we have 6 position groups that are above leage average.

1) Defensive Line. Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard, Lawson, Tupou.

2) Wide Receiver. Green, Boyd, Ross, Higgins, Tate, Erickson.

3) Running back. Mixon, Gio, Anderson, T. Williams, plus new guys.

4) Special Teams. Huber, B. Wilson, Phillips, Erickson, Bullock, Harris, coverage teams.

5) Defensive Backs. Waynes, WJ3, Alexander, Phillips, Bates, Bell, Williams.

6) Quarterback. Burrow.

Below average groups: OL, TE, LB.
Reply/Quote
I voted WR.I really like our receivers,and loved the Higgins pick in round 2.
Reply/Quote
I can't declare WR the best until I see how Ross performs. No, I am not over him quitting on routes, etc. I get that there are question marks at CB as well, but not as glaring as I have with him. I am hoping that he and Burrow click, and all will be forgotten. But I am not there yet.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2020, 11:02 PM)SladeX Wrote: I can't declare WR the best until I  see how Ross performs.  No, I am not over him quitting on routes, etc. I get that there are question marks at CB as well, but not as glaring as I have with him. I am hoping that he and Burrow click, and all will be forgotten.  But I am not there yet.

Ross is just a bonus at #5 behind AJ, Boyd, Tate, and Higgins... Which is an absolutely bonkers high upside #5 with Burrow dropping dimes. 
Reply/Quote
I went DT over WR. The Atkins and Reader are both proven to be excellent at their position and the depth has talent as well allowing Atkins and Reader to stay fresh.

The WR corp is just too iffy with injury histories. Ross has been a dud in far more games than he's flashed in. AJ's missed a season and half. Higgins is a rookie. Boyd is the most consistent of the group - by far. If this group stays healthy then it could end up being the best unit.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2020, 11:02 PM)SladeX Wrote: I can't declare WR the best until I see how Ross performs. No, I am not over him quitting on routes, etc. I get that there are question marks at CB as well, but not as glaring as I have with him. I am hoping that he and Burrow click, and all will be forgotten. But I am not there yet.

The whole “quitting on routes” thing is so overblown. His biggest problem (other than injuries) is the drops.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2020, 11:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ross is just a bonus at #5 behind AJ, Boyd, Tate, and Higgins... Which is an absolutely bonkers high upside #5 with Burrow dropping dimes. 

Ross is not the #5. When healthy, he’s starting.

Reply/Quote
If all are healthy I went with WR.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2020, 10:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: For me, I think we have 6 position groups that are above leage average.

1) Defensive Line. Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard, Lawson, Tupou.

2) Wide Receiver. Green, Boyd, Ross, Higgins, Tate, Erickson.

3) Running back. Mixon, Gio, Anderson, T. Williams, plus new guys.

4) Special Teams. Huber, B. Wilson, Phillips, Erickson, Bullock, Harris, coverage teams.

5) Defensive Backs. Waynes, WJ3, Alexander, Phillips, Bates, Bell, Williams.

6) Quarterback. Burrow.

Below average groups: OL, TE, LB.

This
Reply/Quote
When you say "position groups", you have to take in to account the starters and the backups. WR is the only position group where you could even debate who the starters should be. Even if you go 11 personnel as your base (the case here), and you have three WRs on the field, you still have a backup lineup as Higgins, Tate, and likely Erickson. That is a deep position group and has a HOF talent at the top.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2020, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The whole “quitting on routes” thing is so overblown. His biggest problem (other than injuries) is the drops.

Fine. Either way. Too inconsistent. We also have a big question with AJs health. And Ross's, for that matter.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2020, 07:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When you say "position groups", you have to take in to account the starters and the backups.  WR is the only position group where you could even debate who the starters should be.  Even if you go 11 personnel as your base (the case here), and you have three WRs on the field, you still have a backup lineup as Higgins, Tate, and likely Erickson.  That is a deep position group and has a HOF talent at the top.

Seems like there are questions about whether our arguably most talented CB will start in other threads.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2020, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The whole “quitting on routes” thing is so overblown. His biggest problem (other than injuries) is the drops.

I love how some act like they are "traumatized" cause a WR Percievably "quit running a route" 
Every NFL player makes a error or 100 in his career. 
The important to ask is " he is improving, he is learning from his mistakes ?
Ross made improvements in 2019. You don't lead the League  in reeciving yards after 2 weeks if you are going backwards. And his injury last year you can't blame on Ross. 
His hands can be improved on. But you cant  teach speed and acceleration. 
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2020, 01:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I love how some act like they are "traumatized" cause a WR Percievably "quit running a route" 
Every NFL player makes a error or 100 in his career. 
The important to ask is " he is improving, he is learning from his mistakes ?
Ross made improvements in 2019. You don't lead the League  in reeciving yards after 2 weeks if you are going backwards. And his injury last year you can't blame on Ross. 
His hands can be improved on. But you cant  teach speed and acceleration. 

Fine. I can let it go already. I've said a number of times that I've made huge mistakes in my life. If he's learning and improving,  great. He wasn't for a couple of seasons, but maybe he is now.

All that being said

Health is a concern, and it factors into my view. With Ross and AJ.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote

I learned on here that the only time folks quit on routes was every time Andy threw an INT.

Hopefully JB can cut down on this route quitting thing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote