Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our coaches have no egos
Was a quote from Joe Burrow on Sirius radio this AM.

He stated that everything with them is a conversation; none of "do it my way" and says they have incorporated some things he did at LSU into their game plan

He also stated he is exactly where he needs to be as far as being on the Bengals

Missed not have preseason games, but feels he's taken enough snaps in practice to be ready for SD

Talked about the walk to the Underground Railroad and how they wanted to have something tangible and the entire Brown family is very supportive

The rest was just about how good his teammates are on and off the field. Says he's constantly picking the receiver's brains with questions such as:
"Was the ball where you expected it to be"
"What did you see as far as the defense rolling"
"What can we do to make it more successful"

After the interview Soloman Wilcots and Torry Holt discussed him. To say they were impressed is an understatement.

Solly said Joe was doing "pro level" in college that he had never seen before as far as reads and controlling an offense

Torry stated "You can tell he's a leader and his teammates will buy into him"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why would our coaches have egos?

None of them have accomplished anything.
Reply/Quote
One thing that I assume has helped Burrow adjust to the NFL is the fact that he had 5 years in college and had to learn different schemes from different coaches.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One thing that I assume has helped Burrow adjust to the NFL is the fact that he had 5 years in college and had to learn different schemes from different coaches.

This is a very good observation. I'd add that the last year having to learn in more of a "professional way" based on the reports of how Brady installed offenses let him see the differences in preparation it would take once going pro versus college.
Reply/Quote
I’ll withhold judgment on how greatly Burrow has adjusted to the NFL until after the first few games. We really don’t know too much from these practices and scrimmages.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 12:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’ll withhold judgment on how greatly Burrow has adjusted to the NFL until after the first few games. We really don’t know too much from these practices and scrimmages.

This.  I am sure most rookie QBs think they are prepared for everything before they take the field against an NFL defense.

Burrow may be qualified to play QB in the NFL, but I don't know any team that would hire him as a coach right now.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would our coaches have egos?

LOL

I couldn't help but to laugh because it's funny and mostly true. Although, I think there has been some good accomplishments made in the draft and FA. So, at least that's something. I think we are doing the right things and headed in the right direction.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would our coaches have egos?

Hilarious  Yes, a coach with 2 career wins has nothing to boast about.

Reply/Quote
I love all the questions he’s asking his teammates. Like when Bynes picked him off and Burrow came over to him to ask what he saw.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 01:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love all the questions he’s asking his teammates. Like when Bynes picked him off and Burrow came over to him to ask what he saw. Bynes (a 9 year vet) said no QB has ever done that. Burrow’s competitive nature is just super high. He wants to get better every single day.

He said no rookie QB has ever done that.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 02:06 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He said no rookie QB has ever done that.

Ah my mistake. Still love how inquisitive he is in general.

Reply/Quote
Burrow said Jim Turner has no ego? I think the kid may already have CTE.
Reply/Quote
We have a special player in Burrow. That is all I can say.

Love how he is always trying to get better and he is a perfectionist in the way he watches tape and studies.

We will see how the coaching goes but they sure set themselves up for good things to come this Offseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 02:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow said Jim Turner has no ego?  I think the kid may already have CTE.

I like Turner. the only bad thing involved Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito neither 1  should be Turners problem. They have both continued to have troubles after Turner.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 02:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I like Turner. the only bad thing involved Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito neither 1  should be Turners problem. They have both continued to have troubles after Turner.

And Turner had problems after them, as well.   I don't give a toss about the dude, but you have to find it amusing that we spent last off-season going on about what a swaggerlicious badass attitude he was going to bring our team and now Burrow is saying the guy has no ego.

It's just off-season talk so it doesn't matter, but I thought that was an amusing "wait, what?" kinda moment.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 02:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And Turner had problems after them, as well.   I don't give a toss about the dude, but you have to find it amusing that we spent last off-season going on about what a swaggerlicious badass attitude he was going to bring our team and now Burrow is saying the guy has no ego.

It's just off-season talk so it doesn't matter, but I thought that was an amusing "wait, what?" kinda moment.

Turner is a defensive coach. I would assume Burrow is speaking mostly of offensive coaches, since that is who he works with. And, regardless of win/loss record, I would suspect most coaches who rise to the NFL level are somewhat egotistical about it, just like most of the player who really aren't that good.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 02:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And Turner had problems after them, as well.   I don't give a toss about the dude, but you have to find it amusing that we spent last off-season going on about what a swaggerlicious badass attitude he was going to bring our team and now Burrow is saying the guy has no ego.

Was he talking about every single coach on the staff, or just Taylor and Callahan? Cause those are the two that would be “open to trying things” or whatever.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 03:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Turner is a defensive coach. I would assume Burrow is speaking mostly of offensive coaches, since that is who he works with. And, regardless of win/loss record, I would suspect most coaches who rise to the NFL level are somewhat egotistical about it, just like most of the player who really aren't that good.

Tuner coaches the OL.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 03:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was he talking about every single coach on the staff, or just Taylor and Callahan? Cause those are the two that would be “open to trying things” or whatever.

Ida know, it doesn't matter I just thought it was sort of funny.  Clearly anyone at this level has an ego.  Hell, everyone has an ego right Freud?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 02:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I like Turner. the only bad thing involved Jonathan Martin and Richie Incognito neither 1  should be Turners problem. They have both continued to have troubles after Turner.

I'm pretty sure he had some issues after the Miami scandal when he returned to Texas A&M. Think it was a sexism scandal that he got in trouble over.

And all the weird stuff with the line here last season, guys retiring and saying they were forced back too soon. It just makes you a little leery of what is going on with that guy.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote