Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our defense looks amazing with Burfict back
Our defense looked good before and I know it was the Browns, but our defense looked ten times better with Burfict back, everyone was hitting hard. It was awesome to see.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Don't get used to it. With that BS roughing the passer call he'll probably be gone again. If not for that, then for some other legal hit that he'll get 5+ games for.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burfict makes a massive difference.
Reply/Quote
Our defense has been amazing this season without him though! I am not saying I don't want him on our team but he isn't the catalyst for the Defense either that belongs to Geno and Dunlap.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 01:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't get used to it. With that BS roughing the passer call he'll probably be gone again. If not for that, then for some other legal hit that he'll get 5+ games for.

Yeah, that was freaking ridiculous. Good thing that was the Browns because no one was watching.  
If that would have been Big Ben he would have been thrown out of the league.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what Vigil ate for breakfast, but I kept saying "Whoa! Who the hell was that!" Dude played like his hair was on fire. Even Burfict said he (Vigil) gets the game ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The defense isn't the problem with this team. Even the horrible first two games our D was good enough to keep up in the game. Unfortunately, the defense generally doesn't score very many points. I've said it since last year ended. This team will go as far as our offensive line allows us to. The talent at the skill positions is their and Dalton has proved he can play at a high level when given time. Getting rid of Zampieceofshit and rotating Smith in at both tackle spots has helped a lot, but unless the offensive line miraculously gets significantly better we aren't going anywhere.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know what Vigil ate for breakfast, but I kept saying "Whoa!  Who the hell was that!"  Dude played like his hair was on fire.  Even Burfict said he (Vigil) gets the game ball.

Yep, when Vigil hit training camp and everyone was all hyped about him, I said he has to prove it. He proved it.... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, when Vigil hit training camp and everyone was all hyped about him, I said he has to prove it. He proved it.... Rock On

If he had been playing at 55 MPH, he just played a game at 100....
Reply/Quote
before Burfict returned. our run defense and short passing defense was mediocre at best. Now with Burfict back we definitely top 5 defense maybe best in the NFL. Plus QB's are no longer able to scramble and buy more time.
Reply/Quote
It was the Browns.

Let's wait to play an actual NFL team before we determine how amazing our defense looks.
Reply/Quote
The defense looks good, and as notorious slow starters to the season, you can only expect them to be shut down by mid season as they typically get better as the season goes on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
steelers will arrange his suspension before we meet somehow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:29 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: before Burfict returned. our run defense and short passing defense was mediocre at best. Now with Burfict back we definitely top 5 defense maybe best in the NFL. Plus QB's are no longer able to scramble and buy more time.

No way are we the best defense in the NFL or a Top 5 defense. At our absolute best, we're maybe a Top 10 defense.

This was a great showing against a Browns team that is equivalent to a college football team.

Aren't you the guy/gal that did threads about how the offensive line was improving?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:21 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No way are we the best defense in the NFL or a Top 5 defense. At our absolute best, we're maybe a Top 10 defense.

This was a great showing against a Browns team that is equivalent to a college football team.

Aren't you the guy/gal that did threads about how the offensive line was improving?

No way you say?

Yards per game - 273.2 (4th)
Points per game - 16.8 Third 

With an OT game

Sorry it fails to fit your Bengals are rebuilding narrative but you are dead wrong based on the first 25% of the season. Also 3 games played without Burfict or what would the facts (stats) say if he were on the field?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We've played a Ravens (ranked 30th) and Browns (26th) team that are just horrible offensively too. Houston and GB are the 16th and 17th ranked offenses.

Let's wait and see how things play out.

The rebuilding is mostly on the offensive side of the ball. I realized that we'd beat a terrible Browns team and the homers would be talking about how we were a dynasty in the making.
Reply/Quote
We gave up 10 to the Ravens take away where we turned it over with defense facing a first and goal at the 3 plus another turnover that ravens were already in field goal range. 10 to the Texans were in field goal range when we gave up a turnover. 20 to packers minus the 7 the defense scored. 7 to the browns. Pretty damn impressive. considering no help what so ever first 2 weeks from offense. Barring injuries the ceiling is best Bengals defense ever. The floor is a top 10 defense
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We've played a Ravens (ranked 30th) and Browns (26th) team that are just horrible offensively too. Houston and GB are the 16th and 17th ranked offenses.

Let's wait and see how things play out.

The rebuilding is mostly on the offensive side of the ball. I realized that we'd beat a terrible Browns team and the homers would be talking about how we were a dynasty in the making.

LOL

Never stopped you from saying we are in rebuilding mode????

Houston scored over 50 points yesterday against a Good Titan defense. Packers were played also, you failed to mention  them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The defense did a great job, but you also have to wonder how much of it had to do with the terrible Browns.

It's worth noting that the Bengals know Hue's offensive scheme whereas Hue isn't as familiar with Lazor's. And not only that, but if your top receiver is Kenny Britt, you likely won't be a good offense.

I'll be more confident in the Bengals with Burfict after Pittsburgh.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 11:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

Never stopped you from saying we are in rebuilding mode????

Houston scored over 50 points yesterday against a Good Titan defense. Packers were played also, you failed to mention  them.

Yeah we beat the Browns - Super Bowl Talk Time!!!

We are 1-3 and absolutely rebuilding. We beat a horrible Browns team and the Homers think we're dominant now.

We start 4 backups on the offensive line. That's rebuilding. You can't fill 4 starting positions in the draft.
Eifert is made of glass. Maybe Kroft is the answer. Maybe not.
Our WR's outside of AJ Green don't look good.

On defense, Burfict is a bad hit or concussion away from a long suspension or missing a lot of time.
Minter is a free agent.
Our safeties look questionable.
Jones and Kirkpatrick grade out badly.
We have an awesome defensive line that masks deficiencies.
Reply/Quote