Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Our first win could be against Oakland
Well, the Bengals at 0-9 have nothing to lose this weekend except another game. I look for the Bengals to play loose and go for 4th downs. I also look for the Bengals to take other risks during the game. I think Mixon and Eifert have a good game. Mixon has been on track the last few weeks and gaining some good yards. Eifert will be there to bail out Finley on passes. Whatever the outcome, the Bengals will have a decent game IMO. I know we want the first draft pick, but the Bengals should play to win every game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Yup

I'm gonna go ahead and call it myself, first win.

Bengals 23
Raiders 20
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jets maybe, I hope no more than 1.

No sense in losing the #1 pick
Reply/Quote
We went for it on 4th down last week...hopefully we do more than 0 yard passes on it.
Reply/Quote
I love the unforseen optimism this week, and I'm not sure what has made it come out.

I don't think we will win against Oakland, they are pretty good this year actually. I'm excited to watch Josh Jacobs tear this defense apart haha.

I don't believe Zac has the will to win in some of these games. If some hurry up offense exists, why do we rarely ever see it? Down 21 points, they will be running the clock to 5 or less seconds....
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 02:20 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, the Bengals at 0-9 have nothing to lose this weekend except another game. I look for the Bengals to play loose and go for 4th downs. I also look for the Bengals to take other risks during the game. I think Mixon and Eifert have a good game. Mixon has been on track the last few weeks and gaining some good yards. Eifert will be there to bail out Finley on passes. Whatever the outcome, the Bengals will have a decent game IMO. I know we want the first draft pick, but the Bengals should play to win every game.

1. Coaching staff finally figured out that they should use Mixon, something they did little of in the first half of the season. Pretty lame of the coaches really when you have the AFC's leading rusher. Stupid is as stupid does.
2. Same for Eifert. You have Eifert and ignore that he's there for half a season. Deserve to lose.
3. The Bengals have been playing to win. Didn't trade anyone at the deadline.
4. They really could not play much worse than being blown out 13-49, like last week.
5. Oakland will run the ball and even if it is stopped a few times, they believe in the run and will continue to run. Bengals LBers will whiff, as usual. Look for the safeties to lead the team in tackling yet again.
6. The Raiders will pressure Finley all day. The offense gave up more points than they scored last week. I see the same this week.

Here's the book Taylor uses:

[Image: wp_000097.jpg?w=225&h=300]

He coaches like he's confused about the two definitions for the word "football".

Reply/Quote
They lose by 17
Reply/Quote
I don't see it, but you never know.

The o-line is a terrible position group in terms of talent, but they're at least looking more cohesive, which counts for something. Maybe Mixon can keep them in the game long enough to squeak by.

The D is still just atrocious. Replacing Brown is great, but who do you replace him with? Pratt? He moves around a lot better, but he's still not quite there with the mental aspect. I also fear that we're getting ready to see the rebirth of the Hardy Nickerson-Jordan Evans disaster that we were subjected to last season.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 02:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I love the unforseen optimism this week, and I'm not sure what has made it come out.

I don't think we will win against Oakland, they are pretty good this year actually. I'm excited to watch Josh Jacobs tear this defense apart haha.

I don't believe Zac has the will to win in some of these games. If some hurry up offense exists, why do we rarely ever see it? Down 21 points, they will be running the clock to 5 or less seconds....

I’m excited to watch Jacobs play too lol got him on my fantasy team. Hoping for 200 yards and 4 TD’s sounds reasonable to me
Reply/Quote
Boy when we do win, Zac will be talking like he just won the SB!
Reply/Quote
This will be the beginning of the end of the infamous losing streak and shall win every game for the rest of the season and will never lose again until the end of time. I just noticed that time stops tonight at 12 am EST.. So much for winning till the end of time..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Burfict will have a great game...........from the stands.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 04:39 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: They lose by 17

If "they" lose, that means "we" win.

I'm with you on calling for the upset, Kid.  It is '93 all over again.
Reply/Quote
Lol a win doesn’t matter and this team isn’t winning with the clown coach we have

Raiders: 77
Bengals: 0
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 08:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'm with you on calling for the upset, Kid.  It is '93 all over again.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-1993-Raiders-redux
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 02:20 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, the Bengals at 0-9 have nothing to lose this weekend except another game. I look for the Bengals to play loose and go for 4th downs. I also look for the Bengals to take other risks during the game. I think Mixon and Eifert have a good game. Mixon has been on track the last few weeks and gaining some good yards. Eifert will be there to bail out Finley on passes. Whatever the outcome, the Bengals will have a decent game IMO. I know we want the first draft pick, but the Bengals should play to win every game.

0-16..

No reason to believe otherwise. Youre only going to get frustrated expecting expecting any wins.
Reply/Quote
[Image: a4136936198_10.jpg]
Reply/Quote
No way we win this week but I'm afraid we will win probably 2 to 3 games somehow n will ruin our first round draft pick status good bye Joe burrow hello Tackle Thomas or De chase young
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 12:26 AM)bengals73 Wrote: [Image: a4136936198_10.jpg]

The Tiger Rug picture is great.  Says it all.   I hate using these, but that is a LOL. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Jon Gruden out coaches Zac Taylor

The Bengals Defense gets lit up by Carr and Raiders offense.

The Bengals almost never win at Oakland in THE BLACK HOLE.

There are also reasons to think Bengals DON'T light up Raiders defense. Our O Line. Rookie QB in first road game. No AJ Green. No Ross. Our O Line. The Raiders Fans as the 12th man on Defense. and again, Our O Line.

It could be a high scoring game for both teams, but.......

Raiders 35
Bengals 10

Jon Gruden out coaches Zac Taylor.

Bengals go to 0-10 on the West Coast, which is always hard on Reds and Bengals.

Our Defense is Really BAD, and today's game again shows why drafting Defense and O Line needed more than QB. Just Awful Bengals D & O Line. The D and O Line have HBO.....Horrible B.O....They Stink.

A bad team may win at home, but not on the road in NFL. This team doesn't win At Miami either. The Jets game in Cincy is best hope for a win this year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote