Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our "government" allows corporations to poison us
Unsealed court documents today reveal Monsanto and EPA colluded to allow Round-up to be sold as "safe and approved" by the EPA without ever doing actual scientific studies on it.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-14/court-docs-prove-monsanto-collusion-epa-kill-cancer-study-admits-cant-say-roundup-do

Meanwhile, if that's not enough for you, Donna Farmer, Monsanto's lead toxicologist, even admitted in her deposition that she "cannot say that Roundup does not cause cancer" because "[w]e [Monsanto] have not done the carcinogenicity studies with Roundup."

Instead, they decided to "ghost-write" key sections of their report themselves and plotted to then have the independent scientists just "sign their names so to speak."

And that's where Jess Rowland, the EPA's Deputy Division Director for the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention and chair of the Agency's Cancer Assessment Review Committee, comes in to assure you that he's fully exploiting his role as the "chair of the CARC" to kill any potentially damaging research..."if I can kill this I should get a medal."
(05-20-2017, 05:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Unsealed court documents today reveal Monsanto and EPA colluded to allow Round-up to be sold as "safe and approved" by the EPA without ever doing actual scientific studies on it.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-14/court-docs-prove-monsanto-collusion-epa-kill-cancer-study-admits-cant-say-roundup-do

Meanwhile, if that's not enough for you, Donna Farmer, Monsanto's lead toxicologist, even admitted in her deposition that she "cannot say that Roundup does not cause cancer" because "[w]e [Monsanto] have not done the carcinogenicity studies with Roundup."

Instead, they decided to "ghost-write" key sections of their report themselves and plotted to then have the independent scientists just "sign their names so to speak."

And that's where Jess Rowland, the EPA's Deputy Division Director for the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention and chair of the Agency's Cancer Assessment Review Committee, comes in to assure you that he's fully exploiting his role as the "chair of the CARC" to kill any potentially damaging research..."if I can kill this I should get a medal."

Another example of useless government regulations and overreach killing small businesses just trying to make money. When will Americans wake up? Our government is destroying businesses. Monsanto is on the verge of financial collapse due to these ridiculous regulations they are buried under. And don't even get me started on how high their taxes are! How on earth do they manage to persevere under these burdens?!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(05-21-2017, 07:35 AM)xxlt Wrote: Another example of useless government regulations and overreach killing small businesses just trying to make money. When will Americans wake up? Our government is destroying businesses. Monsanto is on the verge of financial collapse due to these ridiculous regulations they are buried under. And don't even get me started on how high their taxes are! How on earth do they manage to persevere under these burdens?!

What are you even talking about?
(05-21-2017, 07:41 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What are you even talking about?

Read the OP! The EPA is crippling Monsanto, a small business just trying to make money, under mountains of regulations. Thank Gawd Trump is gonna finally get rid of the EPA, and all the other stupid government rules we don't need so little businesses like Monsanto can have a fair chance to survive. Sheez! Some people, you have to draw 'em a picture...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(05-21-2017, 08:11 AM)xxlt Wrote: Read the OP! The EPA is crippling Monsanto, a small business just trying to make money, under mountains of regulations. Thank Gawd Trump is gonna finally get rid of the EPA, and all the other stupid government rules we don't need so little businesses like Monsanto can have a fair chance to survive. Sheez! Some people, you have to draw 'em a picture...

Again, what are you talking about?

Because clearly its not about the OP.
(05-21-2017, 08:23 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Again, what are you talking about?

He's being facetious. Basically mocking people that say there are too many regulations on corporations to prove their products aren't harmful.
(05-21-2017, 10:57 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: He's being facetious. Basically mocking people that say there are too many regulations on corporations to prove their products aren't harmful.

Don't go soft on me yojimbo! It's a betrayal of not only our friendship but also the weed I always assumed inspired your user name!

You know damn good and well Monsanto is buckling under the burden of government regulation. Only in America is a helpless corporation like Monsanto shackled by such ridiculous regulations as the ones that allow it to market the priceless products allegedly poisoning our food supplies and waterways and to ghost write the reports that clearly prove that highly compensated scientists who have never researched the issue or reviewed any relevant data on the subject attest that their products are harmless. It just isn't fair!

True friends of America and American corporations would march in the streets if they didn't know if would make us look like some *****-hat wearing women, so we are left to fume on the interwebs about these injustices. Thanks for getting the ball rolling and standing up for Monsanto. You are a true patriot, ready to challenge our "government" at every step. Stay strong! Horny goat weed forever, government regulation never!
(05-21-2017, 07:43 PM)xxlt Wrote: Don't go soft on me yojimbo! It's a betrayal of not only our friendship but also the weed I always assumed inspired your user name!

I assumed that was a Kurosawa reference. Shocked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-21-2017, 07:43 PM)xxlt Wrote: True friends of America and American corporations would march in the streets if they didn't know if would make us look like some *****-hat wearing women, so we are left to fume on the interwebs about these injustices. Thanks for getting the ball rolling and standing up for Monsanto. You are a true patriot, ready to challenge our "government" at every step. Stay strong! Horny goat weed forever, government regulation never!

I think you might need one of these, XXLT-- Sarcasm .   I'll loan you mine!
(05-21-2017, 08:23 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Again, what are you talking about?

I thought the op was about how the EPA colluded with that company to not do proper research on a key chemical in the product used? Or did I read it backwards?

And to add the op, the "government/epa" early this year under Obama passed through a regulation that greatly increases the amount of radiation allowed in our water supplies in case of a nuclear accident or bomb goes off. And the best part is people could be drinking radiated water without even knowing it because it didnt actually meet the new regulatory levels. There was a lot of concern on this, especially by environmental groups. But hey, its an Obama & EPA regulation, so it must be a good thing.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/United-States-Environmental-Protection-Agency-Issues-New-Emergency-Guidelines-for-Radiation-in-Water-410468905.html

or just google epa radiation water supply 

Myself, I think it is tied to Fukashima somehow, as that situation is far from contained and is leaking over 300 tons radioactive water daily into the pacific. Of course the news hardly covers it anymore which is odd. Heck they said it was contained soon after it happened, when in reality 3 of the 6 reactors had a full meltdown. Chernobyl only had 1 of 4 melt down. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-21-2017, 07:54 PM)Dill Wrote: I assumed that was a Kurosawa reference. Shocked

Correct and don't forget Mifune.
(05-21-2017, 08:19 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I thought the op was about how the EPA colluded with that company to not do proper research on a key chemical in the product used? Or did I read it backwards?

And to add the op, the "government/epa" early this year under Obama passed through a regulation that greatly increases the amount of radiation allowed in our water supplies in case of a nuclear accident or bomb goes off. And the best part is people could be drinking radiated water without even knowing it because it didnt actually meet the new regulatory levels. There was a lot of concern on this, especially by environmental groups. But hey, its an Obama & EPA regulation, so it must be a good thing.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/United-States-Environmental-Protection-Agency-Issues-New-Emergency-Guidelines-for-Radiation-in-Water-410468905.html

or just google epa radiation water supply 

Myself, I think it is tied to Fukashima somehow, as that situation is far from contained and is leaking over 300 tons radioactive water daily into the pacific. Of course the news hardly covers it anymore which is odd. Heck they said it was contained soon after it happened, when in reality 3 of the 6 reactors had a full meltdown. Chernobyl only had 1 of 4 melt down. 

But Trump! Russia! Abortion! Immigrants!
(05-21-2017, 08:19 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Correct and don't forget Mifune.

Never!  My all time favorite director/actor pair.
Pre-existing conditions are preventable by living right. Also, let's make it easier for people to unknowingly get cancer. Yep, solid gold right there.
(05-21-2017, 08:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: But Trump! Russia! Abortion! Immigrants!

Just imagine if Trump and his EPA director would have passed that through instead of Obama. Holy sheets it would get hammered by the left. Heck even Bush tried to do a similar thing but it got shot down, and that proposal had lower maximum levels allowed.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-22-2017, 01:33 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just imagine if Trump and his EPA director would have passed that through instead of Obama. Holy sheets it would get hammered by the left. Heck even Bush tried to do a similar thing but it got shot down, and that proposal had lower maximum levels allowed.

I was making a remark about wedge issues being used to distract voters from how both major parties are screwing us all while they make themselves rich.