Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Our new coach shut down in Super Bowl
Zac Taylor is the offensive coordinator for the Rams. He called a horrible game against the Patriots and only scored 3 points. Kudos to the Patriots defense, but no Rams adjustments were made in the second half. This is our new coach? Not sure what to expect now.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Zac Taylor is the offensive coordinator for the Rams. He called a horrible game against the Patriots and only scored 3 points. Kudos to the Patriots defense, but no Rams adjustments were made in the second half. This is our new coach? Not sure what to expect now.

He's the QB coach. Some of you people are worse than chicken little and flip flop more than a days worth of pancakes at ihop. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I thought his boss called the plays though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I forgot he is only the QB coach. Still not happy.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
smh he doesn't call plays, and they did make adjustments the rams had 203 of their 260 yds in the second half
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:06 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I forgot he is only the QB coach. Still not happy.

[Image: img.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's the QB coach. Some of you people are worse than chicken little and flip flop more than a days worth of pancakes at ihop. 

First, this. ^

Second, 
[Image: PL2N6CWBCQI6RPTXKFRTNITDAU.jpg]
Need I say more?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Like others said, QB coach...
Reply/Quote
If they scored 45, I'd hope we would still have the same "he's just the QB coach" take. Regardless of this game, the praise that his boss gives (detail oriented, constructive criticism) says more of his ability to manage a game. That's more important than the outcome of the game.
Reply/Quote
If you want to take a Rams coach to task it should be McVay or the Rams OC as Belicheck coached rings around them both.
Reply/Quote
So we don't like him anymore because he didn't win a ring.

K.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Zac Taylor is the offensive coordinator for the Rams. He called a horrible game against the Patriots and only scored 3 points. Kudos to the Patriots defense, but no Rams adjustments were made in the second half. This is our new coach? Not sure what to expect now.

I wonder how much of their failure was the scheme or the play of Goff.  Belicheat knew he could rattle him with pressure, and he did.  They kept showing wide open WRs that Goff wasn't seeing and I think he made a lot of throws off balance (not stepping in to his throws).  He also held on to the ball WAY too long when he had opportunities.  Had a WIDE OPEN WR in the end zone that waited and waited and then a DB (from a different assignment) knocked the ball away at the last second.  He just looked very uncomfortable and tentative.

That is not to say that the Rams were not without fault.  I thought they threw the ball way too often and gave up on their rushing attack way too early, but Goff was really off (sorry).

A Marv-led offense wouldn't have crossed the field and the defense would have given up 40.

I am glad we have new coaches.  
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 08:42 AM)Big Boss Wrote: So we don't like him anymore because he didn't win a ring.

K.

Agreed. Marvin had a ring.... That turned out great for us.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Goff was awful last night, despite looking pretty good all season. Call it a case of newbie jitters, or the Patriots rattling him. He had opportunities there last night and he just didn't/couldn't take them.
Reply/Quote
Goff was in over his head. Much like Belicheck did to Mahomes in the conference title game he confused him. Combine that with the fact Goff got exposed for what a lot of people had thought all year, he's incapable of winning games without a running game to drive PA, and you had the offensive outing we saw. Goff was late on a wide open TD to Cooks that should have had them up late instead they were forced to punt. Cooks drops a TD in the endzone later on the play before Goff throws an INT, that was a beautiful ball in Goff's defense.

In the end most who knew football knew that without a running game they had 0 chance to win this game. Goff can't beat good teams with straight drop backs and reading defenses. In terms of scheme coming over I still feel good because Andy can win games scanning defenses and spreading it around. If we can just pull in some of the concepts to free up more big plays I think we will be in a good position.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: Goff was in over his head. Much like Belicheck did to Mahomes in the conference title game he confused him. Combine that with the fact Goff got exposed for what a lot of people had thought all year, he's incapable of winning games without a running game to drive PA, and you had the offensive outing we saw. Goff was late on a wide open TD to Cooks that should have had them up late instead they were forced to punt. Cooks drops a TD in the endzone later on the play before Goff throws an INT, that was a beautiful ball in Goff's defense.

In the end most who knew football knew that without a running game they had 0 chance to win this game. Goff can't beat good teams with straight drop backs and reading defenses. In terms of scheme coming over I still feel good because Andy can win games scanning defenses and spreading it around. If we can just pull in some of the concepts to free up more big plays I think we will be in a good position.

Bingo.  Say what you will about Goff having a higher ceiling talent-wise, but Dalton is far and away the better QB right now.  
Reply/Quote
A lot of overreaction going on. Goff's performance had much less to do with Zac Taylor, than it did with Jared Goff repeating the same mistake over and over.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:15 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Bingo.  Say what you will about Goff having a higher ceiling talent-wise, but Dalton is far and away the better QB right now.  

You knew they were in trouble when the bootleg off the stretch run was getting blown up. Defensively New England didn't play the stretch laterally they played it vertically. When they did that it meant the backside end who would normally have contain on the cutback and trail behind the run shot up field, normally that end gets caught false stepping inside and is chasing the bootleg but instead when Goff came out of the boot he was in his face.

That is there best play and New England took it away,  that was a problem and it snowballed from there.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:06 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I forgot he is only the QB coach. Still not happy.

So, first he was the OC, which he wasn't, and now you are not happy with the way he coached Goff.....

Quote:He was selected by the Rams with the first overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft. He started his rookie season as the backup to Case Keenum, eventually taking over as the starter during the latter half of the season. In 2018, Goff helped lead the Rams to a 13–3 record and a trip to Super Bowl LIII, the franchise's first Super Bowl appearance since the 2001 season. He has been selected to two Pro Bowls.

You're just embarrassing yourself.....
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: You knew they were in trouble when the bootleg off the stretch run was getting blown up. Defensively New England didn't play the stretch laterally they played it vertically. When they did that it meant the backside end who would normally have contain on the cutback and trail behind the run shot up field, normally that end gets caught false stepping inside and is chasing the bootleg but instead when Goff came out of the boot he was in his face.

That is there best play and New England took it away,  that was a problem and it snowballed from there.

If Bill has two weeks to prepare for you and your QB is young, you are pretty well screwed before you step on the field.  And if you have a couple opportunities, like the Rams did, and you don't capitalize, you're done for.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote