Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Our new coach shut down in Super Bowl
Not to mention the fact that the Rams Defense had no answer for Edelman....
Reply/Quote
In any case, last night didn't make me feel any better or any worse about the hire. Even if the Rams had won last night, we are still hiring a guy with no head coaching experience. Nothing has changed, except for the fact that he is now coming to Cincinnati hungry.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This thread is a joke right?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention the fact that the Rams Defense had no answer for Edelman....

No one really ever does. The reality is you can't run with him in man, you can't press him because they motion and stack him, if you play zone he sits in the gaps. He is probably going to be a HoF'er with that SB MVP assuming he gets a couple more solid years of production. 
Reply/Quote
Sled21 Wrote:Not to mention the fact that the Rams Defense had no answer for Edelman....

The Rams defense had a good game. They held Tom Brady to 3 points for most of the game and was on the field almost the whole game lol.

Wade Phillip's did a good job stopping the run and taking away the short routes and screens forcing Tom to throw intermediate and outside the numbers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m not worried.

Let’s be honest: Bill Belichick dialed up the perfect defense and I’ve never seen a secondary play with such ruthless efficiency as New England did yesterday. Jared Goff threw lots of perfect balls which were batted away at the last moment.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: Goff was in over his head. Much like Belicheck did to Mahomes in the conference title game he confused him. Combine that with the fact Goff got exposed for what a lot of people had thought all year, he's incapable of winning games without a running game to drive PA, and you had the offensive outing we saw. Goff was late on a wide open TD to Cooks that should have had them up late instead they were forced to punt. Cooks drops a TD in the endzone later on the play before Goff throws an INT, that was a beautiful ball in Goff's defense.

In the end most who knew football knew that without a running game they had 0 chance to win this game. Goff can't beat good teams with straight drop backs and reading defenses. In terms of scheme coming over I still feel good because Andy can win games scanning defenses and spreading it around. If we can just pull in some of the concepts to free up more big plays I think we will be in a good position.

Cooks' left arm was being held on that second endzone pass.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:19 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not worried.

Let’s be honest:  Bill Belichick dialed up the perfect defense and I’ve never seen a secondary play with such ruthless efficiency as New England did yesterday.  Jared Goff threw lots of perfect balls which were batted away at the last moment.

Really? Every pass that was batted away was either way too late or came out of his hand looking like a wounded duck. One of the knocks on him coming out were his small hands. That shows up a lot in the way the ball leaves his hands upon delivery. He threw maybe 2-3 "perfect" balls all night and those weren't exactly throws with high degrees of difficulty.

Glad Goff and Taylor weren't a package deal. Most people here know I am far from a Dalton honk, but I'd rather have him 7 days a week and 3 times on Sundays than Jared.

And will anyone ever find out what's really been going on with Gurley? It's baffling. Everyone swears he's healthy but you simply don't randomly reduce the usage of one of the best players in the game in favor of an overweight journeyman RB for poops and chuckles. It's over now; there's no gamesmanship or reasons to hide anything. If he's been slowed with an injury, let's hear it. Otherwise, McVay is holding some sort of really strange grudge that likely cost him a SB.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 08:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wonder how much of their failure was the scheme or the play of Goff.  Belicheat knew he could rattle him with pressure, and he did.  They kept showing wide open WRs that Goff wasn't seeing and I think he made a lot of throws off balance (not stepping in to his throws).  He also held on to the ball WAY too long when he had opportunities.  Had a WIDE OPEN WR in the end zone that waited and waited and then a DB (from a different assignment) knocked the ball away at the last second.  He just looked very uncomfortable and tentative.

That is not to say that the Rams were not without fault.  I thought they threw the ball way too often and gave up on their rushing attack way too early, but Goff was really off (sorry).

A Marv-led offense wouldn't have crossed the field and the defense would have given up 40.

I am glad we have new coaches.  

Marvin wouldn’t have been there in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Oh, GTFO out with post. Taylor's not the culprit for that disaster last night. If anything, what he's done with Goff is prima facie evidence he knows what the hell he's doing. Bad post is bad.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Goff played a bad game and there is just no escaping that. Ive thought all season that he is more of a product of the system and coaching than he is on a natural ability to be a great QB and lead a team to the SB. I dont think he would've had such a good season with any other team. Too me that says a lot about the coaches ability to get the most out of players for the system.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:28 AM)Earendil Wrote: Cooks' left arm was being held on that second endzone pass.

You expect your #1 WR to make that catch as tough as it is.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: You expect your #1 WR to make that catch as tough as it is.

Actually, I expect my QB to put the ball where only the receiver has a chance to get his hands on the ball.  Then, if there is contact, it's blatantly obvious, as the receiver was reaching for the ball.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Rams just got beat by a Hall Of Fame QB and coach. The Patriots defense played a great game and their offense did enough. As far as Taylor goes we really don't know what we are getting other then he is a young offensive minded coach. Marvin is gone we will have a new staff and hopefully the front office gets them the players they need to win. I'm looking forward to next season Who-Dey
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I expect my QB to put the ball where only the receiver has a chance to get his hands on the ball.  Then, if there is contact, it's blatantly obvious, as the receiver was reaching for the ball.

You don't get that call in the Super Bowl. The ball was placed perfectly Cook needs to fight and get the ball. He was in position with his right hand to make a cradle catch which is pretty common place in the NFL today.
Reply/Quote
If people want to know why that patriots offense is so good this right here is why. This play destroyed the Rams all game notice the two way go hi-lo concept for Edelman out of a stack. He usually motioned in to it which made it impossible to get hands on him. Edelman is the key to this offense and this option route allowed him to expose the Rams using a great understanding of the defense and him and Brady seeing it the same way.

Interestingly enough...this is an air raid concept. 

[img][Image: Capture.png][/img]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:06 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I forgot he is only the QB coach. Still not happy.

Personally, I think the best thing to do would be to cry into a pillow and throw on some Cold Play.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: You don't get that call in the Super Bowl. The ball was placed perfectly Cook needs to fight and get the ball. He was in position with his right hand to make a cradle catch which is pretty common place in the NFL today.

Wohahahahaha he had two of the best defensive backs draped on him and one of them was holding his left arm.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 11:28 AM)Okeana Wrote: Wohahahahaha he had two of the best defensive backs draped on him and one of them was holding his left arm.  

...again, the ball was placed PERFECTLY, it's a small window between the safety and the trailing man. One defender was hanging on him but the arm wasn't pinned he was able to bring it up. The ball hit his right hand and in the act of bringing it to his body to pin with his second hand he lost control as it hit his chest. Contact from the second defender came after the ball already came away from his body.

That is a play a #1 WR has to make. It is why all these WR's practice one handed catching in pre game and after practice.
Reply/Quote
I knew I'd see a thread like this on here this morning. lol
Reply/Quote