Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Our new coach shut down in Super Bowl
(02-04-2019, 10:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: You expect your #1 WR to make that catch as tough as it is.

Oh for sure, I would have caught it with my eyes closed. Tongue  I just wanted to point it out.  If that were AJ, we would all have been livid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: No one really ever does. The reality is you can't run with him in man, you can't press him because they motion and stack him, if you play zone he sits in the gaps. He is probably going to be a HoF'er with that SB MVP assuming he gets a couple more solid years of production. 

I would be absolutely stunned if he makes the HoF. He’s 32, has barely over 5,000 career yards and has only 30 TDs, zero Pro Bowls and zero all Pros. Receiver is insanely difficult to make the Hall. I personally think there is next to zero chance he gets in.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 11:45 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would be absolutely stunned if he makes the HoF. He’s 32, has barely over 5,000 career yards and has only 30 TDs, zero Pro Bowls and zero all Pros. Receiver is insanely difficult to make the Hall. I personally think there is next to zero chance he gets in.

I saw this stat yesterday, but he has fewer career receiving yards than Jared Cook.
Reply/Quote
Folks, that was two of the best defensive game plans you'll ever see in any game, let alone the Super Bowl.  It came down to who blinked first, and the Rams did on the long ball to Gronk.  Hat's off to Wade Phillips and Darth Hoodie/Flores.  The over/under was 57 points.  Think about that for a minute......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: You don't get that call in the Super Bowl. The ball was placed perfectly Cook needs to fight and get the ball. He was in position with his right hand to make a cradle catch which is pretty common place in the NFL today.

explain to me how the robey-coleman hit early on got flagged for hitting a defenseless receiver but this play wasn't, plain and simple he didn't get the call because he was playing the patriots, the same reason there was a bs holding call on a 16-yd run by gurley just as the rams were heating up, the league is biased towards certain teams and the refs nudge those teams. Usually it's not game defying but you see certain teams get the benefit of the doubt.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:00 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Zac Taylor is the offensive coordinator for the Rams. He called a horrible game against the Patriots and only scored 3 points. Kudos to the Patriots defense, but no Rams adjustments were made in the second half. This is our new coach? Not sure what to expect now.

Oh shut up.

Jesus Christ, go through guy's post history and find one non-negative post in his past 50.

I'll wait.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh shut up.

Jesus Christ, go through guy's post history and find one non-negative post in his past 50.

I'll wait.

That guy’s posts are so negative they’re starting to attract protons.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: Goff was in over his head. Much like Belicheck did to Mahomes in the conference title game he confused him. Combine that with the fact Goff got exposed for what a lot of people had thought all year, he's incapable of winning games without a running game to drive PA, and you had the offensive outing we saw. Goff was late on a wide open TD to Cooks that should have had them up late instead they were forced to punt. Cooks drops a TD in the endzone later on the play before Goff throws an INT, that was a beautiful ball in Goff's defense.

In the end most who knew football knew that without a running game they had 0 chance to win this game. Goff can't beat good teams with straight drop backs and reading defenses. In terms of scheme coming over I still feel good because Andy can win games scanning defenses and spreading it around. If we can just pull in some of the concepts to free up more big plays I think we will be in a good position.

I remember recently someone here pointing out that Cooks didn’t have a drop all season (while dogging AJ for drops), but man was that a BIG one.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:48 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: explain to me how the robey-coleman hit early on got flagged for hitting a defenseless receiver but this play wasn't, plain and simple he didn't get the call because he was playing the patriots, the same reason there was a bs holding call on a 16-yd run by gurley just as the rams were heating up, the league is biased towards certain teams and the refs nudge those teams. Usually it's not game defying but you see certain teams get the benefit of the doubt.

Robey-Coleman was a flag for two factors, 1. it was a player safety flag and 2. it was a make up for a missed helmet to helmet hit last week. As I said you don't get those calls in the SB. Pass interference short of dragging a guy down doesn't happen, and even then they often call it defensive holding. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to mention the fact that the Rams Defense had no answer for Edelman....

(02-04-2019, 11:01 AM)Au165 Wrote: If people want to know why that patriots offense is so good this right here is why. This play destroyed the Rams all game notice the two way go hi-lo concept for Edelman out of a stack. He usually motioned in to it which made it impossible to get hands on him. Edelman is the key to this offense and this option route allowed him to expose the Rams using a great understanding of the defense and him and Brady seeing it the same way.

Interestingly enough...this is an air raid concept. 

[img][Image: Capture.png][/img]

Its funny; imagine if they Patriots actually had a consistently GREAT WR, doing the same things as Edelman and didn't have to deal with drops, fumbles, bad hands, size deficiencies, etc.; there would be absolutely no stopping their offense.

Edelman played a perfect game last night, one of the few times he has, but he's a massive product of the system and I hate that someone like him gets constant press, while AJ, who is infinitely better in every single aspect of the game of football (even mentally), save for maybe throwing the ball, doesn't get talked up.

He's even a terrible punt returner, still being trotted out there in the hopes of regaining the magic he had 8 years ago, while he consistently looks awful.

But I will give him this, especially on the team he's on; he comes up HUGE in any and every big game the team plays and his fumbles/bad hands drastically disappear, in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 11:45 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would be absolutely stunned if he makes the HoF. He’s 32, has barely over 5,000 career yards and has only 30 TDs, zero Pro Bowls and zero all Pros. Receiver is insanely difficult to make the Hall. I personally think there is next to zero chance he gets in.

2nd to only Jerry Rice in postseason receptions...

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 2nd to only Jerry Rice in postseason receptions...

well it makes sense when your team plays in half the super bowls the last 16 years. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Its funny; imagine if they Patriots actually had a consistently GREAT WR, doing the same things as Edelman and didn't have to deal with drops, fumbles, bad hands, size deficiencies, etc.; there would be absolutely no stopping their offense.

Edelman played a perfect game last night, one of the few times he has, but he's a massive product of the system and I hate that someone like him gets constant press, while AJ, who is infinitely better in every single aspect of the game of football (even mentally), save for maybe throwing the ball, doesn't get talked up.

He's even a terrible punt returner, still being trotted out there in the hopes of regaining the magic he had 8 years ago, while he consistently looks awful.

But I will give him this, especially on the team he's on; he comes up HUGE in any and every big game the team plays and his fumbles/bad hands drastically disappear, in the playoffs.

I disagree, his route running is superb. Also the connection with Brady didn't happen by accident the guy lives in California in the off season for the soul purpose of spending all summer running routes with Brady. A lot of guys go to NE and don't pan out, that's often because they aren't where they are supposed to be based on the sight adjustment. The scheme calls the adjustments but the players have to study and understand how each other will see each sight adjustment. 

I will say he isn't one of the top guys but I think his contribution to this team, especially in this run is undeniable. I stand by what I said earlier with a SB MVP and two 100 yard SB games if he can get 8k yards he has a solid shot at Canton. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: I disagree, his route running is superb. Also the connection with Brady didn't happen by accident the guy lives in California in the off season for the soul purpose of spending all summer running routes with Brady. A lot of guys go to NE and don't pan out, that's often because they aren't where they are supposed to be based on the sight adjustment. The scheme calls the adjustments but the players have to study and understand how each other will see each sight adjustment. 

I will say he isn't one of the top guys but I think his contribution to this team, especially in this run is undeniable. I stand by what I said earlier with a SB MVP and two 100 yard SB games if he can get 8k yards he has a solid shot at Canton. 

Absolutely agree with the bolded; and it pisses me off lol.
Reply/Quote
Our former head coach got shut down in 7 playoff games. I would take getting shut down in the superbowl over anything we've accomplished in the last 28 years.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the Dolphins sign him

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9493/dom-capers

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This is kinda silly yes?

Taylor is the QB coach not the OC. The fact that Goff got a lot better under his tutelage is partly Taylor’s credit and partly the Rams did what any rational team does and designed their scheme to fit their players. Their downfall was BB studied their offense, figured out what its lynchpin was and then schemed to take that element away.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 2nd to only Jerry Rice in postseason receptions...

That’s nice and all, but it still won’t be enough. He is in the same situation as Deion Branch right now, with one extra Super Bowl. Neither are going to the HoF.
Reply/Quote
Cannot believe someone would start a thread and not even know the guys job before hating on him. Did his QB pretty much choke in the bright lights? Yeah, but Goff is extremely young and this happens. How many people here would play like Tom Brady who has played in 8 Superbowls before this their first time there?

Goff was terrible his first year in the league and got much better the last two under Taylor.

I am willing to give the guy a shot before judging him like he is McVay. This is the guy that calls the plays and got outcoached by Belicheck.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Our former head coach got shut down in 7 playoff games. I would take getting shut down in the superbowl over anything we've accomplished in the last 28 years.

Spot on. Cannot believe people here are already hating on the guy before he is even announced the HC.
Reply/Quote