Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our offense has been this good with a bad o line and only using a % of the playbook
(07-08-2023, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, actually we were a quick strike Offense the year before this and it probably hurt the Defense a bit because they were on the
field significantly more often. Those long drives that end in TD's give you a big time advantage and most likely end in wins more often
as well because you tire the opposing Defense and keep your Defense off the field. Burrow knows this.

Surprisingly, there was only a difference of +.47s in actual time per game, but when you look at the relative ranking, they were 12th in '21 and 3rd in '22. A pretty decent jump. With better protection and a better running game, they could have the chance to lead the league in ToP in '23.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the O-line lives up to expectations and believe they will.

Yet know myself and many others expected it to do so last season. Only to see the 2 we weren't really worried about struggle in Jonah and Collins.

Hopefully this is the year and believe it will be, still not sleeping well until proven. If not then Pollack has to go imo because this is one the deepest O-lines I can recall the Bengals having and protecting Burrow is of the utmost priority.

Bengals will be a juggernaut on offense if the O-line does prove formidable though. Which is what I expect along with most of the rest of the fanbase.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2023, 02:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Surprisingly, there was only a difference of +.47s in actual time per game, but when you look at the relative ranking, they were 12th in '21 and 3rd in '22. A pretty decent jump. With better protection and a better running game, they could have the chance to lead the league in ToP in '23.

I didn't know the numbers, thanks Rfaulk. Just was going off of the growth of Burrow and the Offense last year in taking what the 
Defense gave him instead of seeming always to rely on the big play like we did a ton in 21'. Agreed, with a decent OL that can pass
protect better and running game, good luck defending this Offense. 

Winning the time of possession usually wins the game, at least most of the time.
Reply/Quote