Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our run defense

DJ Reader has been worth every penny.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Nice and the Lions were a good running team going into that game. Cool

Saw Ogunjobi make some nice stops too and both Hubbard and Hendrickson have been great at setting the edge.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice and the Lions were a good running team going into that game. Cool

Saw Ogunjobi make some nice stops too and both Hubbard and Hendrickson have been great at setting the edge.

Hendrickson not so much, but I should have mentioned Hubbard. Him and Reader are really shutting teams down.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hendrickson not so much, but I should have mentioned Hubbard. Him and Reader are really shutting teams down.

Still Trey has been better than I thought he would be. My only concern with him was his run stopping. He has been better than he 
was in New Orleans from what I have saw. Could be wrong though and some PFF dude will come in waving his finger at me. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I was going to say we haven’t allowed a 100 yard rusher yet but Aaron Jones barely snuck over 100 with his one long run. The D has been excellent overal I would like to see them tidy up on the 3rd and 15+ yards.
Reply/Quote
This guy is measuring an interesting thing about PFF.

This is all 4 run/pass blocking and run/pass defense. If you see the Steelers they are graded very high in pass protection by pff but very low in pass block win percentage by espn. Without doing a tape dive I would agree with espn more so than PFF in alot of these catagories.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The Middle of the Defense is playing at a high level in particular Reader, Wilson, Bell, and Bates are all over 70 in PFF ratings. We're playing fast and physical right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Nice to have the utmost confidence in your D and I feel that way with this bunch

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Reader is a stud. He pretty much shuts down any run that comes up the middle . The other guy I see that needs to be replaced for an upgrade is Pratt. We need a true tackling machine next to Wilson to complete this defense
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 01:59 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Reader is a stud.   He pretty much shuts down any run that comes up the middle .   The other guy I see that needs to be replaced for an upgrade is Pratt.  We need a true tackling machine next to Wilson to complete this defense

Pratt was drafted to stop the TEs and the RBs from killing them on D. They tried the "tackling machine" route with Preston Brown and before that Burfict and they couldn't cover anyone. I see what you're saying but it doesn't fit their defensive scheme. Wilson needs to be the "tackling machine" since they rarely put three linebackers on the field at the same time.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

You can't see the Broncos because the Rams logo is tea-bagging them, but it would have been interesting to see how their defense matches up against Cleveland with their two RBs, but they are playing a battered team tonight.  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:57 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I was going to say we haven’t allowed a 100 yard rusher yet but Aaron Jones barely snuck over 100 with his one long run. The D has been excellent overal I would like to see them tidy up on the 3rd and 15+ yards.

That is still a pretty amazing point.  We became so accustomed to having a RB go for about 150 and a team over 200 yards rushing a game the previous two years, that is a really nice improvement and good observation by you.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You can't see the Broncos because the Rams logo is tea-bagging them, but it would have been interesting to see how their defense matches up against Cleveland with their two RBs, but they are playing a battered team tonight.  

We;ve got Cleveland in what, 3 weeks? Here's to hoping both Chubb and Hunt are still hobbled, along with Mayfield. 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hendrickson not so much, but I should have mentioned Hubbard. Him and Reader are really shutting teams down.

Some on here think if Hubbard isn't getting sacks he's not as good as made out to be.

So much more to this game than the sexy stats.  Hubbard made a couple really good stop last weekend.  The guy is money.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We;ve got Cleveland in what, 3 weeks? Here's to hoping both Chubb and Hunt are still hobbled, along with Mayfield. 

No doubt.  I really want to end their season that week.  They are in a free fall, and while I prefer them to the other two teams in the division, I still want them out of the race.  One less team to worry about.  

Of course, when they have lost a few, I will be pulling for them big time against the Rats and steelers (well, that is one I will ALWAYS root against).  
Reply/Quote
Big test on Sunday. I think Baltimore went close to 600 yards in two games on us last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:41 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Big test on Sunday. I think Baltimore went close to 600 yards in two games on us last year.

That’s true and this week is a huge test for Lou Anarumo and the defense. Someone needs to figure out a way to stop Lamar Jackson from playing peek-a-boo behind Baltimore’s stout offensive linemen then running for massive yardage. It starts with tight coverage on the back end which forces Jackson to run — and then you have to contain him once he takes off.

The Ravens WILL rack up lots of yards and this is inevitable. The key is playing shutdown defense in the Red Zone so Baltimore comes away from their offensive possessions with no more than three points, not seven.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:37 AM)motoarch Wrote: Some on here think if Hubbard isn't getting sacks he's not as good as made out to be.

So much more to this game than the sexy stats.  Hubbard made a couple really good stop last weekend.  The guy is money.

Like the 5 yard TFL on the lateral-toss play.

Not sure who he beat (RT or TE), but he exploded through that line for the tackle. Was a thing of beauty.

(10-21-2021, 08:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No doubt.  I really want to end their season that week.  They are in a free fall, and while I prefer them to the other two teams in the division, I still want them out of the race.  One less team to worry about.  

Of course, when they have lost a few, I will be pulling for them big time against the Rats and steelers (well, that is one I will ALWAYS root against).  

I'll still go for the Ravens over the other two.

They've had the most-success in he past 25 years (in our division), but their fans aren't NEARLY as inflammatory and PsOS like the other 2 fanbases are and they had good, decent players, that never played dirty or out to injure people (outside of Ray Lewis; I NEVER lump him in with the good guys), like McCarary, Boulware, Sharper, Adams, McCallister, near the millennium and Mosely, Ngata, Kruger, Suggs, Webb, Daryl Smith, etc., more recently.

We've also played them tough since they came into the league; if they beat us, it's because they have a truly good team, unlike the other two that get by on fluke and dirty play (moreso the Stoolers than the Browns).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 11:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Like the 5 yard TFL on the lateral-toss play.

Not sure who he beat (RT or TE), but he exploded through that line for the tackle. Was a thing of beauty.

I'll still go for the Ravens over the other two.

They've had the most-success in he past 25 years (in our division), but their fans aren't NEARLY as inflammatory and PsOS like the other 2 fanbases are and they had good, decent players, that never played dirty or out to injure people (outside of Ray Lewis; I NEVER lump him in with the good guys), like McCarary, Boulware, Sharper, Adams, McCallister, near the millennium and Mosely, Ngata, Kruger, Suggs, Webb, Daryl Smith, etc., more recently.

We've also played them tough since they came into the league; if they beat us, it's because they have a truly good team, unlike the other two that get by on fluke and dirty play (moreso the Stoolers than the Browns).

Yeah, I can't hate the Ravens.  I've tried since they are division rivals and all, but like you said they aren't dirty and they aren't arrogant douche nozzles like Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Most important player on the entire defense.   
Reply/Quote