Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our run defense
(10-21-2021, 11:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Like the 5 yard TFL on the lateral-toss play.

Not sure who he beat (RT or TE), but he exploded through that line for the tackle. Was a thing of beauty.

I'll still go for the Ravens over the other two.

They've had the most-success in he past 25 years (in our division), but their fans aren't NEARLY as inflammatory and PsOS like the other 2 fanbases are and they had good, decent players, that never played dirty or out to injure people (outside of Ray Lewis; I NEVER lump him in with the good guys), like McCarary, Boulware, Sharper, Adams, McCallister, near the millennium and Mosely, Ngata, Kruger, Suggs, Webb, Daryl Smith, etc., more recently.

We've also played them tough since they came into the league; if they beat us, it's because they have a truly good team, unlike the other two that get by on fluke and dirty play (moreso the Stoolers than the Browns).

I get it.  Maybe the Rats deserve more respect than the Browns (and I was really hating Baker with his douchey taunting of Hue Jackson) but I won't hold the franchise responsible for annoying Browns fans.  I know a lot of really cool Browns fans.  The steelers, though....their organization, their players, their fans, their Goodell ass-licking mutual relationship, etc.  all of it.  I can't stand them.  And it starts with the Rapist Pig.  

I would never root for them, in any game or situation.  I hope they lose for a couple decades and their stands are empty and their fan base disappears back to mom's basement.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We;ve got Cleveland in what, 3 weeks? Here's to hoping both Chubb and Hunt are still hobbled, along with Mayfield. 

Crazy that their injury report has their QB, both RBs, both top WRs, both Ts, AND their C just for good measure and none of them are sure to play and most are likely to miss. That's almost their entire 1st string offense.

That's some high tier injury implosion there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 12:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Crazy that their injury report has their QB, both RBs, both top WRs, both Ts, AND their C just for good measure and none of them are sure to play and most are likely to miss. That's almost their entire 1st string offense.

Honestly, three weeks in to the season, I thought the Browns were the best team in football.  They should have beat the Chiefs if their punter doesn't fumble a perfect snap, but now you see the Chiefs are not "who we THOUGHT they were". 

Any time you drop the Dennis Green rant, you should get rep.  Just saying.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 11:48 AM)Earendil Wrote: Yeah, I can't hate the Ravens.  I've tried since they are division rivals and all, but like you said they aren't dirty and they aren't arrogant douche nozzles like Mayfield.

Same. If we can’t win the division any given year I want Baltimore to win it. They just don’t bother me like Pittsburgh and Cleveland does. I’ve actually always kind of liked the Poe affiliation, and Ed Reed was one of my favorite non-Bengal players I’ve ever watched play. I don’t really get the whole “rat bird” thing. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. And the Ravens (along with the Pats) have helped prevent multiple more Steelers Super Bowls over the years.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Same. If we can’t win the division any given year I want Baltimore to win it. They just don’t bother me like Pittsburgh and Cleveland does. I’ve actually always kind of liked the Poe affiliation, and Ed Reed was one of my favorite non-Bengal players I’ve ever watched play. I don’t really get the whole “rat bird” thing. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. And the Ravens (along with the Pats) have helped prevent multiple more Steelers Super Bowls over the years.

I'm much the same. The only reason I root against the Raven is because they are in our division and every win they get hurts us. But I am a Lamar fan as well. And since they no longer have their murdering linebacker, I don't really dislike their players.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 12:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Crazy that their injury report has their QB, both RBs, both top WRs, both Ts, AND their C just for good measure and none of them are sure to play and most are likely to miss. That's almost their entire 1st string offense.

Yet they still beat the Broncos.  Pretty pathetic.  Karma is a ***** for Von Miller spouting off about "killing somebody" and getting hurt by his own teammate. Whatever
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:25 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yet they still beat the Broncos.  Pretty pathetic.  Karma is a ***** for Von Miller spouting off about "killing somebody" and getting hurt by his own teammate. Whatever

Yeah, that certainly backfired. I do wish Von Miller the best though (except against the Bengals). I haven't heard anything particularly bad about him, so all things considered the more future HoF players in the NFL the better for entertainment sake.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:25 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yet they still beat the Broncos.  Pretty pathetic.  Karma is a ***** for Von Miller spouting off about "killing somebody" and getting hurt by his own teammate. Whatever

I missed that... what did he say?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, that certainly backfired. I do wish Von Miller the best though (except against the Bengals). I haven't heard anything particularly bad about him, so all things considered the more future HoF players in the NFL the better for entertainment sake.

I agree.  He is one of the more likeable players in the NFL.  I was hoping he would back up his words honestly.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I missed that... what did he say?

"I don't know who the tackle is that I'm going against, but I'mma kill him. I'mma kill him. And the other guy too, on the other side. I'm going to play extremely well and make plays for my team. I'm going to set us up and win this game for sure."

Instead, Miller had just two tackles and one quarterback hit before he forced from the game Thursday night.

“I talked a lot of s**t before this game. I wanted that animosity. … I feel like I was on the way to doing some big things,” Miller said.

Miller was injured inside the final minute of the first half when he collided with teammate Dre'Mont Jones while chasing Browns quarterback Case Keenum. Jones stepped on the outside of Miller’s left ankle and he slowly limped to the sideline.

Miller said he believes his ankle is OK despite being unable to return to the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 03:29 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Pratt was drafted to stop the TEs and the RBs from killing them on D. They tried the "tackling machine" route with Preston Brown and before that Burfict and they couldn't cover anyone. I see what you're saying but it doesn't fit their defensive scheme. Wilson needs to be the "tackling machine" since they rarely put three linebackers on the field at the same time.

Yes, Pratt actually is having a very good year same with ADG. Wilson just has had a stellar one so far.

Pratt does his job in covering TE's and RB's from killing our D. Underrated this year. It is a nice change from last year when I 
picked him to be our breakout D player and he let me down but this year he is playing well.

(10-21-2021, 08:37 AM)motoarch Wrote: Some on here think if Hubbard isn't getting sacks he's not as good as made out to be.

So much more to this game than the sexy stats.  Hubbard made a couple really good stop last weekend.  The guy is money.

So true. Hubbard does his job very well, best run stopping Edge in the league IMO.

He just isn't a sack machine like Hendrickson and that is okay. Hubbard will get one here and there and can knock balls
down and get pressures while getting TFL.

(10-21-2021, 11:45 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Like the 5 yard TFL on the lateral-toss play.

Not sure who he beat (RT or TE), but he exploded through that line for the tackle. Was a thing of beauty.

I'll still go for the Ravens over the other two.

They've had the most-success in he past 25 years (in our division), but their fans aren't NEARLY as inflammatory and PsOS like the other 2 fanbases are and they had good, decent players, that never played dirty or out to injure people (outside of Ray Lewis; I NEVER lump him in with the good guys), like McCarary, Boulware, Sharper, Adams, McCallister, near the millennium and Mosely, Ngata, Kruger, Suggs, Webb, Daryl Smith, etc., more recently.

We've also played them tough since they came into the league; if they beat us, it's because they have a truly good team, unlike the other two that get by on fluke and dirty play (moreso the Stoolers than the Browns).

That was a great play by Hubbard, gonna watch the game again to see who he beat.

And agree on the Ravens, they are in the Division so have to dislike them but they are the classiest team in our Division with
fans who actually know the game and have respect unlike the other 2 as you say Truck.
Reply/Quote