Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our rush defense
In the previous five seasons ('13-'17) the Bengals defense had allowed 200 rushing yards in a game only three times, and in one of those, Seattle '15, they only allowed 186 in regulation.

The 2018 Bengals have allowed 200+ yards rushing in 3 of the last 4 games and 4 times total.

This year we have allowed 200 yards rushing in regulation twice as often (4) as in the prior 5 seasons combined (2).  

Only two teams in Bengal history have allowed 200 rushing yards in more than 4 games; 1998 (5) and 1969 (6).  We only have one remaining opponent that ranks in the top 10 in rushing yards (SD) so if we can get by them this Sunday we may avoid breaking that team record.  We were really lucky to hold the Chiefs to "only" 198 rushing yards earlier this year.

The 1998 Bengals allowed the most rushing yards in team history (2612).  All this years team has to do to avoid breaking that record is hold our remaining opponents to less than 193 yards per game (772 total).  We are currently allowing "only" 153.3 rushing yards per game, but as I said earlier we have allowed over 200 in three of our last four games.

So for those of you who claim there is nothing left to get excited about we can all still cheer on our defense in their attempt to avoid being the worst in team history.  Right now we are only the third worst.

Can I get a  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Yay, let's not be last? Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's something.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 10:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In the previous five seasons ('13-'17) the Bengals defense had allowed 200 rushing yards in a game only three times, and in one of those, Seattle '15, they only allowed 186 in regulation.

The 2018 Bengals have allowed 200+ yards rushing in 3 of the last 4 games and 4 times total.

This year we have allowed 200 yards rushing in regulation twice as often (4) as in the prior 5 seasons combined (2).  
Only two teams in Bengal history have allowed 200 rushing yards in more than 4 games; 1998 (5) and 1969 (6).  We only have one remaining opponent that ranks in the top 10 in rushing yards (SD) so if we can get by them this Sunday we may avoid breaking that team record.  We were really lucky to hold the Chiefs to "only" 198 rushing yards.

The 1998 Bengals allowed the most rushing yards in team history (2612).  All this years team has to do to avoid breaking that record is hold our remaining opponents to less than 193 yards per game (772 total).  We are currently allowing "only" 153.3 rushing yards per game, but as I said earlier we have allowed over 200 in three of our last four games.

So for those of you who claim there is nothing left to get excited about we can all still cheer on our defense in their attempt to avoid being the worst in team history.  Right now we are only the third worst.

Can I get a  Who Dey

[Image: NeKxiib.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
2018: Let's not be the worst ranked team in franchise history!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 10:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yay, let's not be last?  Mellow

(12-07-2018, 10:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's something.

Goals are important!!!

We have to keep digging that rock and pounding that hole!!!

And chopping our wood!!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 11:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:  2018: Let's not be the worst ranked team in franchise history!

:andy: Dancing Rock On Clapping Cheers Yes Garfield
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 11:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Goals are important!!!

And chopping our wood
We have to get off of our gases, run out to our own jobs, take care of the dey, and above all make football plays with the football BETTER. 
Reply/Quote
Coming into the season you had players like WJax and Lawson predicting pro bowls for themselves. I wonder what they think now. This defense is as bad as I've seen. Hope we find a way to finish a few spots better than dead last.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2018, 11:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Goals are important!!!

And chopping our wood!!

Mike Brown's goal is to be competitive, competitive to accomplish what is a mystery though.

Reply/Quote
Seize the day...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 08:23 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Mike Brown's goal is to be competitive, competitive to accomplish what is a mystery though.

At this point Mike Brown is out of the picture.  There are not going to be any meaningful player moves for the rest of the season.  We are what we are.  As fans we owe it to these guys risking their bodies on the field to rally round them.

We stand upon the burning deck
Whence all but we have fled
The flames that light the battle's wreck
Shines round us o're the dead

So lets get pumped and cheer them on so that they can avoid being the worst rush defense in Bengal history.

Who Dey Dancing Who Dey Happy Who Dey Yes Who Dey Garfield Who Dey
Reply/Quote