Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Out of All the Irresponsible Actions...
(11-09-2020, 11:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So what does the liberal media do?  Just move on and not acknowledge Trump or the crowds of supporters calling for a re-count or fraud?  Won't they just be ignoring the truth and the argument of the right wing and trying to cover up the dissention towards Biden with their rainbow unicorn farts and fairy dust?

Perhaps people who are OK with Biden being in office and Trump supporters who think Trump is acting like a real baby can unite.  People who get the truth from Trump aren't likely to agree with anyone outside of their circle and they're free to do so.

The right knows they were backing a "man" his actually a child and they coddled him so they wouldn't feel his wrath.  Now that he lsot they want the rest of the world to be nice to him so he won't be upset.

Seems legit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So what does the liberal media do?  Just move on and not acknowledge Trump or the crowds of supporters calling for a re-count or fraud?  Won't they just be ignoring the truth and the argument of the right wing and trying to cover up the dissention towards Biden with their rainbow unicorn farts and fairy dust?

Perhaps people who are OK with Biden being in office and Trump supporters who think Trump is acting like a real baby can unite.  People who get the truth from Trump aren't likely to agree with anyone outside of their circle and they're free to do so.

I fail to see how this addresses what I said at all. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:23 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I fail to see how this addresses what I said at all. 

Fair enough, maybe I missed the point.  What are you saying, exactly?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 08:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I see this as a chicken or the egg thing, though. What is CNN doing to antagonize him? Covering his baseless claims of fraud and calling them such? Discussing his frivolous attempts through the judiciary to have things swing his way?

Granted, I don't watch any of the news networks, but this is what I have seen snippets of online. I really haven't seen anything that would be "antagonizing."

I didn't watch a second of CNN, until Tuesday night, in this whole election process; CNN was super respectful, courteous and unbiased on Trump, until the night he came out with that ridiculously-stupid speech; was that Thursday? (think it was) At that point, floodgates opened and everyone was tearing him down left, right and center (this was when Tapper went off and Cooper called him a turtle on his back).

Before that point, King, Blitzer, the two chicks with Tapper (Bash and Philip), Collins and the side-guys, all kept it respectful. It was almost like a, "we'll be civil for your sake, but then you went and did something beyond-stupid, we don't care anymore; straw the broke the camel's back," situation.

The people sitting with Cooper weren't all that respectful the whole time, but they're there to provide opinionated commentary, not report on facts, notes and figures like the other guys do. (well, Blitzer is just a deer in the headlights 24/7, so he doesn't report on anything lol)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I didn't watch a second of CNN, until Tuesday night, in this whole election process; CNN was super respectful, courteous and unbiased on Trump, until the night he came out with that ridiculously-stupid speech; was that Thursday? (think it was) At that point, floodgates opened and everyone was tearing him down left, right and center (this was when Tapper went off and Cooper called him a turtle on his back).

Before that point, King, Blitzer, the two chicks with Tapper (Bash and Philip), Collins and the side-guys, all kept it respectful. It was almost like a, "we'll be civil for your sake, but then you went and did something beyond-stupid, we don't care anymore; straw the broke the camel's back," situation.

The people sitting with Cooper weren't all that respectful the whole time, but they're there to provide opinionated commentary, not report on facts, notes and figures like the other guys do. (well, Blitzer is just a deer in the headlights 24/7, so he doesn't report on anything lol)

Also, and this a personal pet peeve, the "media" isn't one lump sum.  There are reporters and commentators. They do different things.  But the Trump defenders get mad at the commentators "on the left" with one breath and defend Tucker and his ilk as not reporters with the next.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair enough, maybe I missed the point.  What are you saying, exactly?  

Not everyone on the left is interested in healing, civility and/or unity. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:45 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Not everyone on the left is interested in healing, civility and/or unity. 

Well, duh. I mean, that's the thing about splitting the country up into "left and right." There is a wide spectrum of assholes on each side of things and so making blanket statements about them is pointless.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 10:46 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nothing says "calling for healing and unity" like making a list of Trump supporters with the purpose of future retribution. Rolleyes

Have Biden and Harris made a list of Trump supporters with the purpose of future retribution?

Locke them up? 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:45 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Not everyone on the left is interested in healing, civility and/or unity. 

Oh, well that goes without saying.  You're always going to have fringes who are fighting each other and refuse to cooperate.  At the moment I'll admit that I'm distracted by a current president telling the world that our democracy is a corrupt sham, so I'm not expecting anyone to unify until this attack upon our democracy fizzles out.

All the Trump supporters I know are currently holding on to the "massive fraud" narrative, so I'm just sort of letting it all play out and seeing where things land once the dust settles.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 08:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Almost like everyone who called for civility the past four years don't seem to care about it anymore.

Civility is a thin layer with people. This has little to do with political affiliation. When it comes to Trump, it sure helps that losing the layer of civility often was actively encouraged by the man himself. Which happened on a scale that did not happen on the other side.

When it comes to reacting to Trump, it is a tough ask to keep up civility against a deeply uncivil person like Trump, or many supporters for that matter. In a sense, I guess civility is one of those social contract things, like respect and all that. You get it when you give it. When someone isn't civil, people will respond in kind and that does not automatically mean the blame is equally distributed and it's just everyone that is inherently uncivil.

CNN example, I don't know what they are supposed to do when Trump says uncivil things, or moronic ones, or false ones, or actually dangerous ones like claiming voter fraud by the millions without a shred of evidence. At some point, I feel calling things what they are might trump the urge for being "civil" and not saying anything impolite, no matter how warranted it might be. I get they (and also many Democrats and liberal commentators etc.) take it too far sometimes, meaning I agree with that. But accusing them of inciting violence by not reporting in a way Trump could more easily stomach (or helps him "keep his ego intact", which would effectively mean they'd have to call him great and beautiful), that imho takes it a notch too far.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:58 AM)Dill Wrote: Have Biden and Harris made a list of Trump supporters with the purpose of future retribution?

Not that I'm aware of, but I also haven't seen them openly criticize those who are doing so.
Reply/Quote

Boy Howdy!

I've been watching Fox all morning. 

Biden better watch out because this is NOT OVER yet. 

Not by a long shot. 

Take note you two traitor Republican senators who have congratulated Biden on his win.

If Mark Levin has correctly read the Constitution (and he has given us his word that he has)

Then the PA legislature can circumvent the fraud by appointing the electors for PA!
READ THE CONSTITUTION FOLKS! It's in there, or something.

Dems can't use this "unity" talk to steal the election.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not that I'm aware of, but I also haven't seen them openly criticize those who are doing so.

Who is "doing so"? 

What sort of "retribution" is called for? 

Are we speaking of Trump style investigate-our-enemies-and-lockem-up?  
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Not that I'm aware of, but I also haven't seen them openly criticize those who are doing so.

I don't think people at their level are supposed to acknowledge or recognize/inadvertently reward stuff like that.  
Reply/Quote
Can we agree that Biden has called for an end to the demonization of both sides and to being healing as a nation?

That he wants us to begin unifying again?

And that Trump is golfing and tweeting that half the country is a bunch of lying cheaters?

That's part of why Biden won.  Trump's act is old and tired.  Even if many people here would still pay to watch.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, duh. I mean, that's the thing about splitting the country up into "left and right." There is a wide spectrum of assholes on each side of things and so making blanket statements about them is pointless.

First and above all people need to look at what party leaders are doing, 

the people who are supposed to be setting the tone and upholding norms and standards,

not breaking them.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Can we agree that Biden has called for an end to the demonization of both sides and to being healing as a nation?

That he wants us to begin unifying again?

And that Trump is golfing and tweeting that half the country is a bunch of lying cheaters?

That's part of why Biden won.  Trump's act is old and tired.  Even if many people here would still pay to watch.

Biden talks a good game, but the main thing is that Biden won but a bunch of democrats didn't win senate seats during this "blue wave."  The republican party has made it known via the vote that they are moving on from Trump but not going all-in on democrats.  For this reason I can see the ultra-Trumpers finding themselves on the outside of their own party if they keep rallying around a guy Americans united against.

And if Trump keeps this stuff up it's going to become more and more tempting for republicans as a party to distance themselves from him and the Trump-only types can join up with Qanon and go all-in on the alternate reality theories.  It's easy to pull the "he wasn't a real republican" stuff. He wasn't a real Christian, he didn't actually support pro-life initiatives, etc.

Or maybe Trump runs in 2024 and the republicans all go back to kissing his fancy schmancy shoes.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: CNN example, I don't know what they are supposed to do when Trump says uncivil things, or moronic ones, or false ones, or actually dangerous ones like claiming voter fraud by the millions without a shred of evidence. At some point, I feel calling things what they are might trump the urge for being "civil" and not saying anything impolite, no matter how warranted it might be. I get they (and also many Democrats and liberal commentators etc.) take it too far sometimes, meaning I agree with that. But accusing them of inciting violence by not reporting in a way Trump could more easily stomach (or helps him "keep his ego intact", which would effectively mean they'd have to call him great and beautiful), that imho takes it a notch too far.

Yes, and there is a danger here in "just reporting" all the bolded without comment as well.

That normalizes the crazy. Nothing out of the ordinary when the guy in charge of National institutions wants to explore nuking hurricanes or disinfecting lungs or to investigate and lock up political opponents? 

We've seen the consequences for government when the people sitting around WH conference tables have to keep Trump's ego intact.

And we've seen the consequences for the country when Fox went that route as well. 

Trumpism isn't over and adult news needs to hold the line.

It shouldn't return incivility for incivility,

but it should reject any implication that judging/exposing Trumpist behavior is just "both sides" being uncivil and divisive and hypcritical.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:08 PM)Dill Wrote: Who is "doing so"? 

What sort of "retribution" is called for? 

Are we speaking of Trump style investigate-our-enemies-and-lockem-up?  

AOC is the most prominent name though there are others. One even started the "Trump Accountability Project". The goal is to hold them "responsible" for supporting/enabling Trump. So I guess it could be to investigate and/or "lock em up".

You do agree, though, that this is reprehensible and should NOT be something people engage in. Right? Just like it was wrong for Trump to even suggest locking up his political opposition, it's also wrong for AOC and Democrats, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Biden talks a good game, but the main thing is that Biden won but a bunch of democrats didn't win senate seats during this "blue wave."  The republican party has made it known via the vote that they are moving on from Trump but not going all-in on democrats.  For this reason I can see the ultra-Trumpers finding themselves on the outside of their own party if they keep rallying around a guy Americans united against.

And if Trump keeps this stuff up it's going to become more and more tempting for republicans as a party to distance themselves from him and the Trump-only types can join up with Qanon and go all-in on the alternate reality theories. 

Or maybe Trump runs in 2024 and the republicans all go back to kissing his fancy schmancy shoes.

I'm good with republicans and democrats still disagreeing on policy and such...it's the outright hatred I'd like to see the end of.  I don't think The Lincoln Project wants to push a progressive agenda in congress but they DO want rid of the fringe republicans who aren't pushing a conservative agenda but rather a Trump/Qanon agenda.
Reply/Quote