Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of the Box OC & DC hires
I say we steal Greg Williams from the Browns and make him asst. head coach and DC

Then hire Hue as the OC

Then Mayfield can be crying and acting immature again in 2019

Seriously, Williams is a great DC and would love to see him with our defense

Who are your out if the box assistant hires?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Well, according to this thread. http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Rams-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron The Bengals seem to be looking for young, offensive minded coaches to interview.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I say we steal Greg Williams from the Browns and make him asst. head coach and DC

Then hire Hue as the OC

Then Mayfield can be crying and acting mature again in 2019

I personally don’t want Hue back in any capacity. I thought he was overrated as our offensive coordinator and received too much credit. The game has evolved since 2014 and I don’t believe he has

That being said, I would look to Waldron as offensive coordinator if not head coach and I got to admit Greg Williams gets results on defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, according to this thread.  http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bengals-request-interviews-with-Rams-Zac-Taylor-Shane-Waldron  The Bengals seem to be looking for young, offensive minded coaches to interview.

I saw that, but our HC will need coordinators so I chose Williams and Hue.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't want Hue here in any capacity. He can join Marvin wherever he ends up.

I'm not saying Hue should never get another chance. I just don't want it here.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't want Hue here in any capacity.  He can join Marvin wherever he ends up.

I'm not saying Hue should never get another chance.  I just don't want it here.

Hue said a mouthful.   ThumbsUp
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:28 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't want Hue here in any capacity.  He can join Marvin wherever he ends up.

I'm not saying Hue should never get another chance.  I just don't want it here.

Agreed.  He had his chance to be the HC, and remain as OC until such time arrived.  He chose to jump ship.  Not only jump teams, but to a division rival, where he fell flat on his face.  I find it commendable that Mike allowed Marvin to reach out to him, but that was such a bad look to bring him back here.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm not even thinking coordinators yet. I want to see a new fresh coach. Then build the team based on his plan and needs.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What in particular do you like about Williams defensive coordinating abilities?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I say we steal Greg Williams from the Browns and make him asst. head coach and DC

Then hire Hue as the OC

Then Mayfield can be crying and acting immature again in 2019

It really depends on who gets the HC gig.

If the Bengals land Josh McDaniels, I can see him trying bring Pats' LB coach Brian Flores in as DC if he can't land his own HC gig.

If we go with a young guy like Taylor or Weldron, they will probably want coordinators with HC experience to support them.  I would think maybe Todd Bowles as DC and/or Dirk Koetter as OC.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What in particular do you like about Williams defensive coordinating abilities?

Aggressive, plays to win versus using prevent. Players play hard for him, he is not above going after other team's best players

Reply/Quote
I’m all for going with HC and letting him have the majority of say from then on.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m all for going with HC and letting him have the majority of say from then on.

“If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.”
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:30 PM)McC Wrote: “If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.”

LOL Exactly.

Reply/Quote
I think it would be a fairly outstanding idea to hire one of the young offensive guys and then let Vance Joseph coordinate the defense. He was a questionable HC, but I still really like him as a DC or position coach.

When McVay went to LA, Wade Phillips was brought in to run the defense and take some of the pressure off of the young HC. Phillips had HC experience and had been a really good defensive mind for most of his career. I like this setup. Let the new HC concentrate on the offense while Joseph handles the D. Not saying Vance is Wade Phillips, just that I like the approach of an experienced guy added to assist the young guy.
Reply/Quote
If we go with either of the guys from the Rams, I’d like to see them bring in a mature, former HC as a DC, like Jack Del Rio. They would probably be their own OC, but we could stay in house with Van Pelt as the OC/QB coach.

I don’t want Lazor retained in any form, never thought he was good. Hue is too much like Marv, so again, no in any form. Joseph as a DC I could live with, but not HC right now.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m all for going with HC and letting him have the majority of say from then on.

Agree, let new coach drive this thing. 

Unless he wants Hue, lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What in particular do you like about Williams defensive coordinating abilities?

Bounties
Reply/Quote
I like that the Bengals have requested to interview both Taylor and Waldron of the Rams. Makes me sort of think that they are looking at a possible package deal for HC and OC.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: If we go with either of the guys from the Rams, I’d like to see them bring in a mature, former HC as a DC, like Jack Del Rio. They would probably be their own OC, but we could stay in house with Van Pelt as the OC/QB coach.

I don’t want Lazor retained in any form, never thought he was good. Hue is too much like Marv, so again, no in any form. Joseph as a DC I could live with, but not HC right now.

Ben McAdoo flopped as head coach (2016-17) but he had a nice resume before that.

His 2 years as OC for the Giants (14-15) they had a top 10 offense both years.

The 2 years before that (12-13) he was QB coach for the Packers under Mike McCarthy. 

From 06-11 he was TE coach for the Packers (won a ring in '10).
Reply/Quote