Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of the Box OC & DC hires
(12-31-2018, 10:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ben McAdoo flopped as head coach (16-17) but he had a nice resume before that.

His 2 years as OC for the Giants (14-15) they had a top 10 offense both years.

The 2 years before that (12-13) he was QB coach for the Packers under Mike McCarthy. 

From 06-11 he was TE coach for the Packers (won a ring in '10).

I thought McAdoo landed somewhere else as an OC. He would be a great choice if we start with all new coaching staff Fred
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed.  He had his chance to be the HC, and remain as OC until such time arrived.  He chose to jump ship.  Not only jump teams, but to a division rival, where he fell flat on his face.  I find it commendable that Mike allowed Marvin to reach out to him, but that was such a bad look to bring him back here.

Well now you’re starting to sound like Baker Mayfield. Why do people get bent out of shape about a guy improving his employment status? Should he really have been SO loyal that he sat around 3 years waiting for Marvin to retire? I know at the time it was supposed to be one or two years and then HC but there are no guarantees. He got a promotion to go to Cleveland and fulfill his dream. Who cares if it’s in the division? And when he came back he was fired by Cleveland and out of work. Who cares if it was to a division rival that he has more history with than he did with the team that fired him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My only wish for an OC is a guy that can utilize both Gio and Mixon on the field at the same time. It would create some huge matchup problems if used correctly.
Reply/Quote
I wanted this guy last year, Jim Leonhard, DC at Wisconsin and former NFL FS. Only a few years retired from the NFL and has done a really good job in three years at Wisconsin. They did struggle this year after losing 6 starters from last season.

Players and coaches rave about Leonhard's ability to teach and design. He runs a 3-4/4-3 hybrid, which would be a nice change and I think we have the personnel to do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 08:44 PM)samhain Wrote: I think it would be a fairly outstanding idea to hire one of the young offensive guys and then let Vance Joseph coordinate the defense.  He was a questionable HC, but I still really like him as a DC or position coach.

When McVay went to LA, Wade Phillips was brought in to run the defense and take some of the pressure off of the young HC.  Phillips had HC experience and had been a really good defensive mind for most of his career.  I like this setup.  Let the new HC concentrate on the offense while Joseph handles the D.  Not saying Vance is Wade Phillips, just that I like the approach of an experienced guy added to assist the young guy.

Yes this, young offensive minded HC with a veteran DC to be the father figure......this would be ideal
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Get Hue Jackson outta here! We need to remove the old faces. Hue is a joke. He'll prolly convince Mike that he can coach the defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 11:19 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: My only wish for an OC is a guy that can utilize both Gio and Mixon on the field at the same time.  It would create some huge matchup problems if used correctly.

Don't hold your breath.  No other team in the league runs a two back offense.

Only one player can carry the ball.  So the offense is better off having either a better blocker (TE/Hback) or a better receiver (WR) on the field instead of another RB.

Maybe a package with just a handful of plays a game with bnoth on the field, but it really isn't the best way to use our talent.
Reply/Quote