Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out with the old in with the new
(05-14-2018, 09:17 AM)BengalD Wrote: My thoughts exactly! Good call on this one.  I think he sticks on the team even if it's on special teams. Just too good of an all around athlete. ThumbsUp

I like Erickson, but the past few drafts we have drafted speed, smarts and versatility. I think for that reason alone is why Erickson gets pushed out.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 01:58 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I like Erickson, but the past few drafts we have drafted speed, smarts and versatility. I think for that reason alone is why Erickson gets pushed out.

Erickson is a tough call. He's tough to figure out. At first he made a lot of bad decisions. Then, after several games he seemed to be coming into his own and his decision making skills were getting much better. Then? He regressed. Not sure what the deal is with him. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm surprised Vincent Rey isn't listed as a cut candidate. He didn't earn a starting role last year over Nick Vigil. He's third-best LB at best. The Bengals just drafted Jefferson in the third and also seem high on Worley as a UDFA. He's 30 years old, entering the last year of his contract, and would have a savings of $2.725 mill if cut (no dead cap).

I can definitely see the Bengals rolling with the following LBs this year once Burfict is back:
Burfict, Brown, Vigil, Evans, Jefferson, Lawson, Worley

Rey shouldn't be safe.

The thing about Vinney, is he is the #1 backup for all three spots.....
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 03:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The thing about Vinney, is he is the #1 backup for all three spots.....

Yeah that's bad... cause hes not looked good on the field
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 01:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm surprised Vincent Rey isn't listed as a cut candidate. He didn't earn a starting role last year over Nick Vigil. He's third-best LB at best. The Bengals just drafted Jefferson in the third and also seem high on Worley as a UDFA. He's 30 years old, entering the last year of his contract, and would have a savings of $2.725 mill if cut (no dead cap).

I can definitely see the Bengals rolling with the following LBs this year once Burfict is back:
Burfict, Brown, Vigil, Evans, Jefferson, Lawson, Worley

Rey shouldn't be safe.

We can't get rid of Vinnie with Burfict not trusted to play each week. Or at least until one of our young LB's step up and becomes reliable.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 04:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah that's bad... cause hes not looked good on the field

He's serviceable as long as he's not called on to play full time. The fact he can play SAM and Mike makes him valuable, as it seems we are inundated with WILLs...... the more you can do.....
Reply/Quote
I think Keivare should be worried. With tbe 3 DBs we drafted he is probably not safe. Havent seen enough of him to make me saywe would miss him.

Hewitt is expensive for what he gives us. Maybe 15 snaps a game. Cethan Carter might take over as the #1 FB and be less expensive. And if we make it to week 1 with Eifert and Kroft healthy Uzi and Shrek will be battling for that final TE spot. With Shrek having a leg up up he shows well and stays healthy since we have 3 contract year TEs.

TJ Johnson could also be on the way out. Dont know how long you can just be a backup before they decide someone younger and less expensive has more upside.

Cody Core and Lafell could be on the chopping block at WR. AJ, Boyd, Ross, Malone, and Erickson should stick. If Tate has a good camp it would be hard to cut a giant receiver with sticky hands and good body control with our red zone issues.
Reply/Quote
Really pulling for Price to work out mostly.

Think nothing is more important presently.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 03:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Erickson is a tough call. He's tough to figure out. At first he made a lot of bad decisions. Then, after several games he seemed to be coming into his own and his decision making skills were getting much better. Then? He regressed. Not sure what the deal is with him. 

Agree 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 06:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think Keivare should be worried. With tbe 3 DBs we drafted he is probably not safe. Havent seen enough of him to make me saywe would miss him.

Hewitt is expensive for what he gives us. Maybe 15 snaps a game. Cethan Carter might take over as the #1 FB and be less expensive. And if we make it to week 1 with Eifert and Kroft healthy Uzi and Shrek will be battling for that final TE spot. With Shrek having a leg up up he shows well and stays healthy since we have 3 contract year TEs.

TJ Johnson could also be on the way out. Dont know how long you can just be a backup before they decide someone younger and less expensive has more upside.

Cody Core and Lafell could be on the chopping block at WR. AJ, Boyd, Ross, Malone, and Erickson should stick. If Tate has a good camp it would be hard to cut a giant receiver with sticky hands and good body control with our red zone issues.
The more I see of this Tate guy, the more I like. He's one big dude!
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 06:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think Keivare should be worried. With tbe 3 DBs we drafted he is probably not safe. Havent seen enough of him to make me saywe would miss him.

I wouldn't count out LaFell until one of the young guys actually takes his job away. Remember that WR also requires some blocking, screening, hanging onto the ball, running the right route, being healthy. Ya know, those things each one of our young WRs seems to be lacking in one or many of.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 07:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Really pulling for Price to work out mostly.

I think this is the most obvious, if Price turns out to be a bust this team will struggle big time. I can't recall a time where this teams success depends so much on a rookie player that's not a QB.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 12:41 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I think this is the most obvious, if Price turns out to be a bust this team will struggle big time. I can't recall a time where this teams success depends so much on a rookie player that's not a QB.

Big time !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 07:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Really pulling for Price to work out mostly.

I think Price will work out just fine. He has good work ethic, discipline and football smarts. Even if he starts out slow, he will fix it and not accept it. I also think he will be a future leader on the line.

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 12:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's a good amount of catches considering the opportunities he got. The guy has been reliable at everything we've asked him to do, and there were a lot of critical 3rd downs mixed in those 18 catches. He also produced well with 251 yards and 1 TD. I will say this though, through 2 years, he's been a very mediocre punt returner, and he regressed as a kick returner last year. I don't think we can trade him for anything.

I like his potential as a decent slot guy, but he's never going to be Wes Welker. That said, I'd rather cut the overrated (and less useful) Cody Core than Erickson, who can play slot or reliably return kicks if need be.

I was reading and nodding until you took a shot at my guy, Core.  Just like Fej on defense, there is always an underdog that I am rooting for and on offense, it has been Core.  That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth to what you said.  I just feel like Core had a great finish to 2016 (with no AJ Green opposite him) and he got injured at the worst possible time last year and never seemed to get another shot.  

I hope he stays healthy this year and shows he could be a strong option at X in rotation with Ross.  Lafell should move to the slot to back up Boyd.  I think Core would have to have an amazing camp and preseason to dethrone the guy that the Bengals seem to think so highly of, but he doesn't really offer much as an X receiver in Lafell.  
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2018, 03:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The thing about Vinney, is he is the #1 backup for all three spots.....

He used to be good at doing that, but last year in particular he was not good at any spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Why does everyone think Erickson is some slow poke or slouch? All I ever see when he gets in on offense, is someone that will make a play... He and Boyd will kill defenses underneath in Lazor's scheme.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 07:22 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Price will work out just fine. He has good work ethic, discipline and football smarts. Even if he starts out slow, he will fix it and not accept it. I also think he will be a future leader on the line.

And everyone knows Hobson has never been known to be wrong about any players grit, determination and all around nice guyedness.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 12:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why does everyone think Erickson is some slow poke or slouch? All I ever see when he gets in on offense, is someone that will make a play... He and Boyd will kill defenses underneath in Lazor's scheme.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 12:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why does everyone think Erickson is some slow poke or slouch? All I ever see when he gets in on offense, is someone that will make a play... He and Boyd will kill defenses underneath in Lazor's scheme.

Well to be fair he's never scored 30 TDs in a single game and go on to rescue a box of kittens from a burning building immediately after scoring the 30 TDs he didn't score..  I demand better. This is completely unacceptable.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote