Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outcoached
(12-29-2015, 01:43 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I believe there is a lot of blame to go around.Hue kept trying to run the ballq and that was not working.They should have allowed aj to sling it more over the middle to number 12 or 82.I was so ticked off watching the second half and actually we have a good chance to win this game.AJ Green is overrated.He is good at times,but he plays down during cold games.Look at his numbers and he quit on that td he should have had.That was completely on him.He blew that deal and he admitted it.But it doesn't help us now.I believe beating the ravens is going to be very difficult now as the pressure is on  us and their qb is heads above ours,and our players are very tired and worn down.You saw that with the d last night.

Players that need to go.....AJ.HAWK,TERRIBLE,DRE K-DO NOT START THIS GUY NEXT YEAR.REY REY NUMBER 58,CUT HIM.PEKO-CUT HIM.NUMBER 71--ANDRE SMITH-RELEASE HIM.ADAM JONES IS GETTING OLD.I would sign him back as a punt returner only and allow him to teach Mario Alford --if he ever gets on the field.

I am saying our team is also beat up again.We really miss George-our key safety.Injuries have once again caught up with us and going into the last game,we are tired,worn down and beat up.Not a pretty site going into the playoffs.
Kirkpatrick was God Awful, plays behind everyone and still can't make the tackle; quite often gets lost out there as well. Andre is just not the guy we paid for, and he's probably the main reason we drafted tackles all over the board this year. Hawk just doesn't seem to have much left, and Burfict...C'mon man!!! Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 11:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We've had plenty good second halfs this year.

Plenty horrible 3rd quarters too.
Reply/Quote
Cincy progressively gets worse against the average as the game progresses.

1st quarter - 4th in points
2nd quarter - 10th in points
3rd quarter - 12th in points
4th quarter - 16th in points

Quintessential Marvin Ball.

Edit: Made another thread!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:04 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Cincy progressively gets worse against the average as the game progresses.

1st quarter - 4th in points
2nd quarter - 10th in points
3rd quarter - 12th in points
4th quarter - 16th in points

Quintessential Marvin Ball.

Any chance of a comparison to other playoff teams such as Arizona or the Patriots?

I knew we had a habit of taking our foot off the gas once in the lead, but that seems worse than I thought.

Edit: you've provided the Patriots numbers and to me that one stat tells you all you need to know about the two teams.
Reply/Quote
Correct.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There really seems to be some statistical significance to Marvin being unable to win in prime-time regardless of his QB.  Marvin is 1-3 in prime-time this year and Palmer (who stunk in prime-time as a Bengal) is 5-0.  That's just the way it is.

4 point loss, 3 pt loss, 3 pt loss.    

All final second or OT losses.   Losing close is way different than never showing up.  If he lost like we did vs Cleveland last year then yes I will give you that.   But this team has always shown up this year no matter how injured.     Yes it's still a loss . But the team is prepared and motivated.   That's all a coach can do .  The other team gets paid as well.    

Denver fans should be more concerned that a guy making his 2nd start (AJM) almost beat their team with all their 1's in the game.   And yes BO is their #1 Qb.    And they were at home, which they should win.    

Now to bring this back to a previous debate you and I had the other day.... Had there been no ridiculous concussion protocol, Eifert plays and we win easily .  But because the protocol says no .... even though he was ready to play.   Kroft played well, but he isn't Eifert. (I don't want this to turn into this debate again, we will agree to disagree, just pointing this out)
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 4 point loss, 3 pt loss, 3 pt loss.    

All final second or OT losses.   Losing close is way different than never showing up.  If he lost like we did vs Cleveland last year then yes I will give you that.   But this team has always shown up this year no matter how injured.     Yes it's still a loss . But the team is prepared and motivated.   That's all a coach can do .  The other team gets paid as well.    

Denver fans should be more concerned that a guy making his 2nd start (AJM) almost beat their team with all their 1's in the game.   And yes BO is their #1 Qb.    And they were at home, which they should win.   

Very good post. People forget denver was desperate, and carson palmer was dying for revenge. We came into both their houses and nearly snuck out with wins. We were far from not showing up in both games. People say those were playoff quality teams, true, and maybe the results would have been different if they has to come into our house instead.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: Very good post. People forget denver was desperate, and carson palmer was dying for revenge. We came into both their houses and nearly snuck out with wins. We were far from not showing up in both games. People say those were playoff quality teams, true, and maybe the results would have been different if they has to come into our house instead.

Thanks.

We play either of those teams again we will win. And without a doubt we are better than Denver. I hope we play them again.

I have said all year that the bengals and cardinals were the most complete teams In the league. I think it would be a great super bowl. Not just the CP connection.... But these are the two most talented teams.

Oh and btw we didn't have our #1 corner vs the cardinals either. That game would be awesome to see again.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 4 point loss, 3 pt loss, 3 pt loss.    

All final second or OT losses.   Losing close is way different than never showing up.

In 2010 we had 9 close losses.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In 2010 we had 9 close losses.

Yea with an outmatched roster. And leftover coaches marvin was forced to hire by mike
Reply/Quote
The game last night for me was a preview of the playoff game. Getting outcoached yet again.

The only thing Marvin adjusts at halftime is his frank n beans.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yea with an outmatched roster.

Our schedule in 2010 was brutal, but hey we played 'em close so I guess that team shouldn't have been blown up. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thanks.  

We play either of those teams again we will win.  And without a doubt we are better than Denver.   I hope we play them again.  

I have said all year that the bengals and cardinals were the most complete teams In the league.   I think it would be a great super bowl.   Not just the CP connection....  But these are the two most talented teams.    

Oh and btw we didn't have our #1 corner vs the cardinals either.     That game would be awesome to see again.

Fat chance of that happening.  Regardless of the talent it will take 3 prime time wins to get to the Super Bowl.  We have a hard enough time winning one prime time game, let alone 3 in consecutive weeks. Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Our schedule in 2010 was brutal, but hey we played 'em close so I guess that team shouldn't have been blown up. Ninja

Ah so you think this team should be blown up.   Fire marvin, Duke, and all the coaches?  

Everyone thinks getting rid of marvin will cure everything and they will magically be dominant.    All this mind you while we are heading towards matching the best record in franchise history as not having the starting Qb for 25% of the season.  But hey by all means let's blow it up and start over.

There is another Shula in Carolina. Let's hire him and start that process again.
Reply/Quote
[Image: IzJxuMcUSxcmtacrbiEbssZD.jpg20151229-3-2...1451415682]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ah so you think this team should be blown up.   Fire marvin, Duke, and all the coaches?  

Everyone thinks getting rid of marvin will cure everything and they will magically be dominant.    All this mind you while we are heading towards matching the best record in franchise history as not having the starting Qb for 25% of the season.  But hey by all means let's blow it up and start over.

There is another Shula in Carolina.  Let's hire him and start that process again.

I didn't say this team should be blown up.  I just don't think "losing by less" is something a team this good should brag about.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I didn't say this team should be blown up.  I just don't think "losing by less" is something a team this good should brag about.

Who is bragging about it?

The whole debate is over whether we are being out coached. If the team is prepared and motivated then the coaches have done their jobs. It's not like we do not line up properly or have loads of false starts and turnovers.

Close losses and close wins happen. The best teams in the league usually have loads of them. I personally don't believe the primetime curse or whatever it's called. The fact is on primetime you play the best teams. This year is all we can compare this team. And yes 3 of the 4 losses are in primetime. Do you think we would lose again to Texans, cardinals, Broncos, or steelers? I personally don't see us losing to any of them unless we had massive injuries. The cardinals we would need Andy back. But the rest we could win with all but Andy.
Reply/Quote
Outcoached and unable to manage a game from the sidelines.

Come on Marvin promote yourself to GM and bring some fire and brimstone to the sidelines
instead of My Little Pony and Friends.

You're a great assembler of talent but an inept manager of it.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:41 PM)Rattler Wrote: Outcoached and unable to manage a game from the sidelines.

Come on Marvin promote yourself to GM and bring some fire and brimstone to the sidelines
instead of My Little Pony and Friends.

You're a great assembler of talent but an inept manager of it.

Where was the game management problem last night? The time out usage was due to AJM. Not for substitutions or late play calls. Young qb's will always burn timeouts .
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where was the game management problem last night?  The time out usage was due to AJM.   Not for substitutions or late play calls.   Young qb's will always burn timeouts .

Got a lead and went conservative and failed to adjust to Denvers 2nd half adjustments.

Example 8 in the box and we run right into it or hitch screen that's covered by 2 DB's and a LB
etc, etc, we never altered what we did and forgot we had a TE on the field - some of that was
Hue but Marvin is responsible for it.
Reply/Quote