Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor water faucet
I have an issue with a water faucet outside. My parents just downsized into a house last year, they are in their early 80's, and the faucet is on the side of the house where there is a slope off the house. I can connect the hose to it easily, but to use it, they will have to walk over a sideways slope to turn the water off and on. It's really not safe for them if I am not there to do it for them...turning the water on and off. Bad location. And they want to use it for watering outside.

I want to extend the shutoff valve. We cant move it because it is sort of like a condo. It is what it is.

I've been looking on line with a couple of options. One guy said, take a very thick rubber hose, screw it into the house, and attach a brass shutoff valve at the end of it. On the other side of the coupling, attach a new hose, and just turn the water on at the house and turn the water on and off at the new valve. Problem is, I'm not sure a hose can handle the pressure like pipes do in a house. The other option is to extend with PVC pipe but that is more involved.

Anyone here ever extend their water faucet? Maybe you put a new deck in and it didn't access as well. Or shrubbery overgrew and blocked it, etc. I'm skeptical that a hose can be used this way, but I'm wondering if others have ever faced this. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Heavy duty hose will handle any regular house water pressure.

Problem will be finding a short one so you don't have a big coil lying around.
Reply/Quote