Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Outrage over a dance
Dr Biden posted a video of a renowned troupe of tap dancers performing a jazz rendition of The Nutcracker Suite in the White House. The comments are really sad and reeks of people just looking to be outraged at something Tap dancing apparently is "woke". Or at least it is when performed by African Americans.

I'd love to see a full performance. It looks fun

https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/1735074586721468855

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A bit of magic, wonder, and joy brought to you by the talented tappers of Dorrance Dance, performing their playful interpretation of The Nutcracker Suite.<br><br>Enjoy! ? <a href="https://t.co/qXtCm4t37o">pic.twitter.com/qXtCm4t37o</a></p>&mdash; Jill Biden (@FLOTUS) <a href="https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/1735074586721468855?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 13, 2023</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Honestly though, the people losing their minds over it need to go outside and get some oxygen. Not your cup o’ tea? Fine,keep it moving.
Reply/Quote
Relax snowflake. Tis the season to spread hate and despair.

Get in the spirit. Try canceling somebody, something.
Reply/Quote
That's the internet...especially Twitter now.

We all thought the interconnectedness would bring us together by exposing everyone to different ideas and ways. Instead it just allowed the worst kinds of people to find others just like them to reinforce their ugly views.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I miss the days when people who get offended over everything didn't spend all their time on the internet complaining that they miss the days when people didn't get offended over everything.  Actually, I don't.  This stuff is entertaining.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the reaction is stupid. Glad we can all agree.

Reply/Quote
I am so happy not knowing anything about this, and I am going to keep it that way. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 04:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am so happy not knowing anything about this, and I am going to keep it that way. LOL

Exactly and me too.  If it hadn't been brought here, I'd never have known about it.

Here's a hint to the constantly outraged on both sides - stop looking at social media and radicalized media.  You'll be worlds happier.
Reply/Quote
I don't have twitter so I can't scroll through the comments, but I'm going to assume at least one person has declared the woman dancing as being a slut with many baby daddies and/or on welfare.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 04:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am so happy not knowing anything about this, and I am going to keep it that way. LOL

Absolutely 
Reply/Quote
Apparently there was tap dancing in White Christmas from 1954. Even the good ol' days were miserable and woke. Why couldn't I have been born in the 1800s?

[Image: giphy-2.gif]
Reply/Quote
It is sadly indicative that in this day and age that something as simple as a dance, that celebrates jazz and tap, 2 American art forms, can cause a meltdown.

The whole idea is ludicrous

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 06:32 PM)pally Wrote: Dr Biden posted a video of a renowned troupe of tap dancers performing a jazz rendition of The Nutcracker Suite in the White House.  The comments are really sad and reeks of people just looking to be outraged at something  Tap dancing apparently is "woke".   Or at least it is when performed by African Americans.

I'd love to see a full performance.  It looks fun

Gutfeld did a bit on this the night before last.

It wasn't positive.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2023, 06:00 PM)Stewy Wrote: Exactly and me too.  If it hadn't been brought here, I'd never have known about it.

Here's a hint to the constantly outraged on both sides - stop looking at social media and radicalized media.  You'll be worlds happier.

Some of us do like to know what is going on in social media though, since it tends to influence politics nowadays.

I don't like being blindsided.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2023, 07:22 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Honestly though, the people losing their minds over it need to go outside and get some oxygen. Not your cup o’ tea? Fine,keep it moving.

B-b-b-but Democrats are destroying our country with these weird dances--in the WH no less!!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 10:21 PM)Dill Wrote: B-b-b-but Democrats are destroying our country with these weird dances--in the WH no less!!

Right!! They are, but that’s certainly not a part of it. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 11:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Right!! They are, but that’s certainly not a part of it. Ninja

The lord of false equivalency strikes again.  People complaining about this dance are stupid, ergo anyone complaining about any Dem policy is directly equivalent to those complaining about this dance!  It makes sense right?  

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 11:51 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Right!! They are, but that’s certainly not a part of it. Ninja

Dill's not wrong on this one. (And I know my #1 fan will be by to tell me I'm supporting my boy again.)

A bunch of the negative responses were how this was "woke" and pushing transgender policies that are destroying America...because there was tap dancing and black people.

It's a strange world out there.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 12:47 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The lord of false equivalency strikes again.  People complaining about this dance are stupid, ergo anyone complaining about any Dem policy is directly equivalent to those complaining about this dance!  It makes sense right?  

seriously, if you read the comments to the video, that is exactly their complaint.  The dance is indicative of the demise of a decent society under Democrats ' "woke" policies.  Granted it is a ridiculous argument but it is the one being pushed by right-wing media

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 10:57 AM)pally Wrote: seriously, if you read the comments to the video, that is exactly their complaint.  The dance is indicative of the demise of a decent society under Democrats ' "woke" policies.  Granted it is a ridiculous argument but it is the one being pushed by right-wing media

Sure, if you take an internet comment section as indicative of a huge population as a whole.  Regardless, my point stands.  You can have zero issue with the dance and still abhor Dem policies, they aren't mutually exclusive positions.  Partisan people will find a way to criticize anything the other side does, the comment section of the video being a perfect example.  Hell, we see it here on a near daily basis.

Reply/Quote