Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over/Under 5 catches for John Ross this season
What say you? Over or Under?

I'm going to say Under. I think he's inactive most of the year unless we become eliminated or some major injuries happen.
Reply/Quote
Do we count out of bounds passes that he catches while on the sidelines?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do we count out of bounds passes that he catches while on the sidelines?

No.
Reply/Quote
I'd probably say under.

But there are still 5 weeks left. I can't help but think we should be able to average 1 catch a week from a top 10 draft pick...
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No.

Way under then.  As in he will catch no more balls this year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Yesterday would have been a good game for him to get playing experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 03:07 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yesterday would have been a good game for him to get playing experience.

Yeah he has two routes.  Deep and double move deep.  Andy can make the call at the line.  

Reply/Quote
I'm saying under. I don't see the point of taking valuable snaps away from the other receivers who actually have managed to make the 53.

Something is wrong here. Either the guy just can't learn what he's supposed to do or Marvin is sabotaging him on purpose or both. I'd keep him shelved so he doesn't get hurt and try to trade him next season to another coach that might be able to reach him.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Under, Marv clearly has an issue here and it is complete BS. I hope the next coach turns Ross in to an instant star so Marv looks like an even bigger ass than he already does (if that is possible).
Reply/Quote
I'll go against the grain and say over.
My reasoning is because I believe the Bengals will activate John Ross once they are eliminated from playoffs, and I believe that will be with 2-3 games left.
Jim O. also bets that Ross will not be active until the Bengals are eliminated from contention - https://twitter.com/JimOwczarski/status/934823772967796737
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What say you? Over or Under?

I'm going to say Under. I think he's inactive most of the year unless we become eliminated or some major injuries happen.

Marvin has made a conscious decision not to play him and the more people ask about it, the more stubborn he becomes.  Ross won't be on the filed again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Under and it is pathetic. Marv is a stubborn jackass.

Don't understand how we cannot use this guy with his route tree, speed and smarts.

Him just being on the field would open up things for the Offense.

Marv obviously just didn't like the pick and just refuses to give the guy snaps.

Suck it Marv. Whatever
Reply/Quote
under, and it's a tragedy
Reply/Quote
Under unless lafell is seriously injured
Reply/Quote
Im as tired of marvin as the next guy but I dont see him sabotaging his 1st round pick out of spite. Id say its far more likely that Ross is just a fragile player that offers little upside on the field besides speed. The guy is a bust
Reply/Quote
I look at Ross just sitting on the sidelines contributing nothing, despite being a 9th overall pick and then I look at the Steelers getting 33 catches, 568 yards, and 5 TDs out of a 62nd overall pick in Jujubee Smith Shoeshine whatver his name is.

Really, there are only possible reasons this crap is happening:

#1 Marvin Lewis is a big ol' dumbarse who hates rookies and refuses to play a dynamic WR
OR
#2 The Steelers have shown time and time again over the past 27 years that they are much better at drafting/coaching/developing players than Mike Brown and the Bengals are

I'm going with #1 on this one.
Reply/Quote
Under. I'd also say him making over 30 plays this year is probably under as well. I just don't see him ever making the field this year.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say over.

But I still don't believe Ross was worthy of a top 10 pick, nor do I believe he's capable of being a #1 WR in the NFL.

At Washington, as a WR, he was a one year wonder. His total 4 year college production was 1,729 yard on 114 catches for an average of 15.2 yards per reception and 22 TDs. Of those numbers, 81 catches, 1,150 yards and 17 TDs all came last year.

Now that's a good yards per catch number and the TDs were great last year.

But if we take into account that he was playing in the Pac 12, where defense is optional, I have to wonder if Marv isn't right.

Ross can't beat out LaFell, undrafted Erickison, 4th round rookie Malone or last year's 2nd round pick Boyd.

Now - there is one thing that Ross did do consistently in college that might help the Bengals and that's as a kickoff returner where he returned 86 kicks for 2,069 yards and 4 TDs. That's in his 4 year career, one of which he didn't play due to injury, which is another knock against picking him so high.

Reply/Quote
Over and he will have an awesome game at some point and the message board will literally explode with hate for Marvin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I think everyone is overreacting on this situation by the way. He was hurt in the spring with a bad shoulder so he couldn't practice or work on his routs with Andy. Then after he got back for camp he got hurt again in the preseason final again then he got hurt again in the Houston game. So he was so far behind at the beginning that he is playing catch-up and he is currently trying to get back in the lineup.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote