Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over/Under 5 catches for John Ross this season
(11-28-2017, 02:57 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think everyone is overreacting on this situation by the way. He was hurt in the spring with a bad shoulder so he couldn't practice or work on his routs with Andy. Then after he got back for camp he got hurt again in the preseason final again then he got hurt again in the Houston game. So he was so far behind at the beginning that he is playing catch-up and he is currently trying to get back in the lineup.

You are illustrating the reasons why he should not have been picked high in the 1st round, his injury history. It's not like he went into the draft with a record of endurance. He's been anything but durable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Over.... I hope
Reply/Quote
I actually have a bold prediction that we will activate him and he will have a major impact on Monday Night. I honestly think he has been ready for a week or 2 but seen them as winnable games and didn't want any game film ahead of time for a game we must win. This is just my thoughts though and I'm probably wrong.
Reply/Quote
The way it looks he will be lucky to get 5 targets let alone catches.

Do not hate the kid but will never understand that pick when trenches were in such bad shape.

Mixon either, like them both but we could have been fine with WR's we had and with Gio, Hill, and Burkhead.

Should have got the meat and taters this draft and put icing on cake next year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 10:42 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I actually have a bold prediction that we will activate him and he will have a major impact on Monday Night. I honestly think he has been ready for a week or 2 but seen them as winnable games and didn't want any game film ahead of time for a game we must win. This is just my thoughts though and I'm probably wrong.

He's been a Healthy scratch for atleast 2 weeks...so he has been theoretically ready from that standpoint.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 03:02 AM)BengalChris Wrote: You are illustrating the reasons why he should not have been picked high in the 1st round, his injury history. It's not like he went into the draft with a record of endurance. He's been anything but durable.

I wasn't for the pick either but just cause he is not playing right now doesn't mean he is a bad player or Marvin is a bad coach. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:29 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Im as tired of marvin as the next guy but I dont see him sabotaging his 1st round pick out of spite.  Id say its far more likely that Ross is just a fragile player that offers little upside on the field besides speed.  The guy is a bust

The injuries were always a concern but he never was just speed. I studied up on this guy big time, he had it all in
college, just couldn't stay healthy and that has poured over into the NFL sadly.

I won't call him a bust yet. Refuse to with Marv at the helm who has never been able to use his players to their
full strengths IMHO.

(11-28-2017, 02:38 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Over and he will have an awesome game at some point and the message board will literally explode with hate for Marvin.

Hope you are right JP. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:38 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Over and he will have an awesome game at some point and the message board will literally explode with hate for Marvin.

Could be...but then we have to brace ourselves for the possiblity that he's having that sort of "Holy crap, this guy is our future!" misfire we had at the end of 2010 when the Carson Palmer-to-Jerome Simpson looked like the future of Bengals football for years to come.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I wasn't for the pick either but just cause he is not playing right now doesn't mean he is a bad player or Marvin is a bad coach. 

What does it mean then?
Reply/Quote
Under... And if they were waiting for them to be out if playoff contention, they can go on a ahead and play him. Records be damned, this team ain't winning 4 out of 5.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
A big reason why I think John Ross isn't getting any snaps is because of the importance the coaches put on ST.

Erickson is the team's returner and I don't see the team giving Ross those snaps.
Malone has been in on nearly 22% of the offensive snaps.
Core is getting outsnapped on offense by 2x compared to Malone but is a big ST contributor.
Boyd was a healthy scratch a couple games but has still be in on 24% of the offensive snaps.
LaFell has been in on a whopping 88% of the offensive snaps.

Given Ross can really only be used as a returner on ST due to his size and past health issues, I don't see him being used on ST unless Erickson were to get injured.
If it's not Erickson, I see the only option being to give Ross offensive reps over Josh Malone or Tyler Boyd. And I don't think he'd get reps over LaFell until the Bengals are out of contention sadly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Personally even though Lafell has been producing. I would like to see how our offense would function with Erickson in the slot with Ross and AJ on the outside. We get Josh Mcdaniels as the coach. The offense could do great things.
Reply/Quote

I had to watch this again to remember why the Bengals were even interested in the guy. I hated where he was picked due to size and injury history but i felt he could maybe get lost in the slot for a few games. I also "predicted" he would have a bunch of end arounds and we even got a few before he was benched.

The lack of development for Ross, Boyd, Core and Malone is alarming.

For some reason Marvin likes Erickson best.

I'm going to agree with Jim O and say over after it is over as well.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 02:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What does it mean then?

It means the guy had an awful rookie year due to injury which set back his learning curve.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 06:47 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It means the guy had an awful rookie year due to injury which set back his learning curve.

Getting benched for literally every mistake he's made hasn't played any role in his awful rookie season or his learning curve?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 06:11 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The lack of development for Ross, Boyd, Core and Malone is alarming.

For some reason Marvin likes Erickson best.

I don't know every in and out of football, but if you are a WR who doesn't/can't play special teams you have to be extra good to catch the eye of the coach, right?  Perhaps Erickson is a hustler who will do anything to get out there and overcome his undrafted stigma and Ross is the opposite.

And then again, perhaps not.
Reply/Quote
The guy's got some good footwork too.

If this team could run the screen pass consistently, Ross could excel in this category as well as go routes.

No reason he couldn't be useful currently on any other team but ours.

Erickson plays his ass off. So no complaints there.

Malone & Core are just real average WRs anyway. Boyd is so up and down.

Are they better than Lafell? Perhaps.

Someone really really likes Brandon though. Marv? Andy? Who the frick knows?!?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
AND THE UNDERS WIN!!!!

I was wrong, I said over.

Here's best and only touch of the year!

https://youtu.be/mo5aGtpB7q4

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:29 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Im as tired of marvin as the next guy but I dont see him sabotaging his 1st round pick out of spite. Id say its far more likely that Ross is just a fragile player that offers little upside on the field besides speed. The guy is a bust

I don’t understand a response like this

Marvin has 15 years of mismanaging rookies under his belt. Ross had 1 injury plagued rookie season. How can he be a bust already
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 12:39 PM)Housh Wrote: I don’t understand a response like this

Marvin has 15 years of mismanaging rookies under his belt. Ross had 1 injury plagued rookie season. How can he be a bust already

da golden touch of M. lewis. Similar to da golden touch of CLE on QBs.  :andy:
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote