Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Over Under
(06-29-2015, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Under due to return of other receivers and improved running game.

O/U 3 key players get contract extensions before season begins.

Under, I think maybe 1 or 2 do. ( Most likely George Iloka and/or Green... or... Whit)
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 11:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Under. He'd need 650 rush yards and 650 receiving yards to hit 1300. Or more rush yards and less receiving yards. He only had 349 yards receiving last year. He did hit 680 rush yards, but I foresee that number going down with Hill taking over as lead back.

O/U Dalton has a 90.0 passer rating. 

Over - I'm going to say he comes in at 90 and a little change,

Over/Under Dunlap - 9 sacks ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 01:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Over - I'm going to say he comes in at 90 and a little change,

Over/Under Dunlap - 9 sacks ?

Over. 13.5 including a monstrous 5 sack game against Pittsburgh. 

O/U: 

5 AJ Green jump balls won
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 01:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Over. 13.5 including a monstrous 5 sack game against Pittsburgh. 

O/U: 

5 AJ Green jump balls won

I'm going to say over ! I'm thinking AJ is ready and will become one of the truly elite WR's this season.

O/U - J. Hill 100 yd. games - 8
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 01:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm going to say over ! I'm thinking AJ is ready and will become one of the truly elite WR's this season.

O/U - J. Hill 100 yd. games - 8

I'll take the over. I think he'll have a few stinkers but at least 9 100 yarders. 

O/U 50% success on challenge flags for Marv
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 02:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'll take the over. I think he'll have a few stinkers but at least 9 100 yarders. 

9?  That would be a helluva season.  Has anybody ever even done that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 03:24 PM)McC Wrote: 9?  That would be a helluva season.  Has anybody ever even done that?

Quote:Most Games, 100 or More Yards Rushing, Season
Barry Sanders, Detroit, 1997
Eric Dickerson, L.A. Rams, 1984 
Barry Foster, Pittsburgh, 1992 
Jamal Anderson, Atlanta, 1998 
Jamal Lewis, Baltimore, 2003
O.J. Simpson, Buffalo, 1973 
Earl Campbell, Houston, 1979 
Marcus Allen, L.A. Raiders, 1985 
Eric Dickerson, L.A. Rams, 1986 
Emmitt Smith, Dallas, 1995 
Terrell Davis, Denver, 1998 
Shaun Alexander, Seattle, 2005
Larry Johnson, Kansas City, 2006

I'm gonna say yes they have. 

Hill had 5 last year and came within 30 yards in two other games.
another year under his belt and significant carries through the whole season, 9 is realistic.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 03:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'm gonna say yes they have. 

Wow.  14?  That's insane.

Seems like 9 would almost guarantee 1500 plus.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Wow.  14?  That's insane.

I added in later, Hill had 5 last year and close to 2 more.

He got very limited touches early on. No reason to think with a legit workload he couldn't hit 9 100 yard games and close in on 1500 yards. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: Wow.  14?  That's insane.

Adrian Peterson only needed 10 to reach 2,097 yards, 9 of them came in the last 10 games.

Hill is very capable indeed.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 02:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'll take the over. I think he'll have a few stinkers but at least 9 100 yarders. 

A tad under 50% for Marvin.... 47%

o/u 1 bad snap for Clark Harris this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

As bad as Marvin was at challenges in the past, and he was horrible ! These past couple of seasons he's done decent. About the only place he has improved though. Did we get somebody new in the booth ?

I'm going to say over
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 06:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: As bad as Marvin was at challenges in the past, and he was horrible ! These past couple of seasons he's done decent. About the only place he has improved though. Did we get somebody new in the booth ?

I'm going to say over

It's John Cooper, isn't it?  We're good as long as we don't play U of Michigan.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 06:58 PM)McC Wrote: It's John Cooper, isn't it?  We're good as long as we don't play U of Michigan.

LOL, Coop would break down like a double barreled shotgun if the Bengals played them !
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: LOL, Coop would break down like a double barreled shotgun if the Bengals played them !

It cost him his job.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 06:58 PM)McC Wrote: It's John Cooper, isn't it?  We're good as long as we don't play U of Michigan.

Coop was a good Xs and Os guy, good recruiter, except when it came to QBs.  He never could seem to get the best QBs to buy into him.  Meyer, on the other hand...  His 3rd stringer just won the National Championship.

Sorry for the brief derailment of the thread.

I say over 50% on challenges from Marvin.  He seems to be getting better intel, prior to the tossing of the rag.

O/U 3 sacks given up by Bodine.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Coop was a good Xs and Os guy, good recruiter, except when it came to QBs.  He never could seem to get the best QBs to buy into him.  Meyer, on the other hand...  His 3rd stringer just won the National Championship.

I say over 50% on challenges from Marvin.  He seems to be getting better intel, prior to the tossing of the rag.

Plus, he gets props for the challenge that wasn't a challenge in TB.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Coop was a good Xs and Os guy, good recruiter, except when it came to QBs.  He never could seem to get the best QBs to buy into him.  Meyer, on the other hand...  His 3rd stringer just won the National Championship.

O/U 3 sacks given up by Bodine.
Over 3 sacks given up by Bodine (4)

o/u 5 unnecessary roughness calls combined for Iloka and Nelson.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:19 PM)jason Wrote: Over 3 sacks given up by Bodine (4)

o/u 5 unnecessary roughness calls combined for Iloka and Nelson.

Over?  I see him developing much, from his rookie campaign.  Plus, when you factor that the entire OL will be intact from last year..  That chemistry thing really means something, when it comes to continuity and consistency on the OL.

I go under on the UR calls on the Safeties.  Joseph runs a tight ship, and will have them playing with discipline.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Over?  I see him developing much, from his rookie campaign.  Plus, when you factor that the entire OL will be intact from last year..  That chemistry thing really means something, when it comes to continuity and consistency on the OL.

I go under on the UR calls on the Safeties.  Joseph runs a tight ship, and will have them playing with discipline.

o/u 3 combined wins vs the Ravens and Steelers.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote