Poll: Over/under Dalvin Cook all purpose yards
Over 150
Under 150
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over/under on Dalvin Cook all purpose yards
150 all purpose yards. Will Cook surpass this or will our defense flex enough to limit him?

How will our defense perform (in game 1) overall? How will Kirk Cousin and the Vikings pass offense do?

How many points do you think we give up? Over 20? Under?

I think we give up somewhere in the 20s for points. I think cook has over 150 and a td. I could easily see them surpassing 30 points, but I’d love to see our defense limit their offense.

If we could get out to an early lead, we could potentially tee off on that oline and force them to pass. Would love to see that. What does everyone think? How will the defense do week 1?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
41 views and 1 vote. Hmm. Well I forgot to vote, and now we have 2.

Lots of scaredy-cats out there afraid to vote lol
Reply/Quote
I ain’t scared. I said under. I think he’ll break 100 but not quite 150. Vikings have great air ball too, and they may be hitting some underneath stuff they keeps them from running too many times.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I ain’t scared. I said under. I think he’ll break 100 but not quite 150. Vikings have great air ball too, and they may be hitting some underneath stuff they keeps them from running too many times.

I had cook in fantasy last year and he seemed to average 150. I felt like if I put it at 100 it’s an easy over choice. I’d love to see us keep him under 150. If we do, we definitely won the game in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
The matchup I'll be watching is The LSU Bowl: JJ vs Chase. The way these stories go, I'd say JJ puts up 7/114/2, Chase maybe 4/61/1. Our much-ballyhooed "X" will see the NFL learning curve is steep, and he even has a long way to go to match his peers.

But over time he'll bridge the gap, and remember that long ago day when he turned professional and realized that what was no longer is, and that you can only trade on past glory for so long. That there are no shortcuts to success in the NFL. etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:56 PM)tms Wrote: The matchup I'll be watching is The LSU Bowl: JJ vs Chase. The way these stories go, I'd say JJ puts up 7/114/2, Chase maybe 4/61/1. Our much-ballyhooed "X" will see the NFL learning curve is steep, and he even has a long way to go to match his peers.

But over time he'll bridge the gap, and remember that long ago day when he turned professional and realized that what was no longer is, and that you can only trade on past glory for so long. That there are no shortcuts to success in the NFL. etc.

Yeah the Vikings pass offense will be tough to shut down. Cousins is good, as are Jefferson and Thielen. Tough task for sure.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:28 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah the Vikings pass offense will be tough to shut down. Cousins is good, as are Jefferson and Thielen. Tough task for sure.

I wonder with Wayne's being out will Awuize follow Jefferson around ? or will are  CB's just play there side. It's scares me thinking about Darius Phillips or Ali Apple or whoever covering Jefferson. 
Reply/Quote
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLVIIIIIN Cook could top 150 all purpose yards on us, sure.  If we flop on offense and they're playing with a lead he could spend a decent amount of the game running downhill, so to speak.

Kirk Cousins is a bit of a punchline, but he's good against teams that aren't good and very bad against team that are good.  At the moment, we aren't good, so it's hard to argue with the plethora of evidence on this one. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 10:44 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: 150 all purpose yards. Will Cook surpass this or will our defense flex enough to limit him?

How will our defense perform (in game 1) overall? How will Kirk Cousin and the Vikings pass offense do?

How many points do you think we give up? Over 20? Under?

I think we give up somewhere in the 20s for points. I think cook has over 150 and a td. I could easily see them surpassing 30 points, but I’d love to see our defense limit their offense.

If we could get out to an early lead, we could potentially tee off on that oline and force them to pass. Would love to see that. What does everyone think? How will the defense do week 1?

I vote UNDER.

Based on what I have seen thus far, I see a vastly improved defense vs. last year (kind of a tallest dwarf mentality, but hear me out) and he, along with Jefferson, will be the focus of the Vikings offense.  In the old "take away what they do best" category, I would think the Bengal's emphasis for the LBs will be Cook.  Cousins doesn't scare me downfield against these DBs, especially outside a dome, and I think that Vonn Bell will be living attached to Cook.  

While I am at it:  Final score:  Bengals 24, Vikings 20
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I ain’t scared. I said under. I think he’ll break 100 but not quite 150. Vikings have great air ball too, and they may be hitting some underneath stuff they keeps them from running too many times.

I think the fact that it is all-purpose yards is the real trick.  I don't see him rushing for over 100 yards, but he could take a few receptions for some decent gains to even the scales.  

I voted under, and I have faith that Bell and the LBs will be all over Cook this game.  I also think Mixon has a big game, as this is one guy that he was often compared with coming out.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I vote UNDER.

Based on what I have seen thus far, I see a vastly improved defense vs. last year (kind of a tallest dwarf mentality, but hear me out) and he, along with Jefferson, will be the focus of the Vikings offense.  In the old "take away what they do best" category, I would think the Bengal's emphasis for the LBs will be Cook.  Cousins doesn't scare me downfield against these DBs, especially outside a dome, and I think that Vonn Bell will be living attached to Cook.  

While I am at it:  Final score:  Bengals 24, Vikings 20

I'm feeling like we need to score 30 to beat them. I think we can. I hope we can..

I think Cousins is better than people think. But he's no world beater. Their pass offense is very good. It's a threat. If we can get in the backfield consistently I think we'll pull it out though.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:53 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'm feeling like we need to score 30 to beat them. I think we can. I hope we can..

I think Cousins is better than people think. But he's no world beater. Their pass offense is very good. It's a threat. If we can get in the backfield consistently I think we'll pull it out though.

Their pass offense put up some gaudy statistics playing catch up to teams that often had a big lead against them, like the Packers.  And I would not be very impressed by doing anything to Chicago or Detroit.  If they get close to 30 points, it is because whomever fills in for Waynes sucks.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the fact that it is all-purpose yards is the real trick.  I don't see him rushing for over 100 yards, but he could take a few receptions for some decent gains to even the scales.  

I voted under, and I have faith that Bell and the LBs will be all over Cook this game.  I also think Mixon has a big game, as this is one guy that he was often compared with coming out.  

Let's hope Mixon ditches his Mr. T starter set before the game.....it'll slow him down.
Reply/Quote
Under. 150 is a lot.

Last year he ran for 1,557 and caught 361 and that averaged out to 137 yards per game for the 14 games he played in.

Unless it's a blowout victory for the Vikings, I don't think Cook will get that kind of yardage, and I don't think it'll be a blowout victory for the Vikings. I am more worried about them stopping Jefferson/Thielen than Cook because it'll either be Waynes with iffy hamstrings, or a backup covering one of them. Don't love that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's hope Mixon ditches his Mr. T starter set before the game.....it'll slow him down.

It was fun how Uzo and Boyd came over to punk him.  I was hoping the class clown Uzo would have taken something like a lifting chain and wore it around his neck to punk him.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I voted under.
His average per game last season was 137, and the Bengals do look improved in the run game compared to last season.
Had this poll been 100 or even 125, I probably would have voted over.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote