Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over/under on sack.
Extremely excited about all the talent we have on our defensive line. How many sacks are you predicting. Over under 35?
Reply/Quote
Definitely over. There is no way this Dline averages less than 2.18 sacks a game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah I’d bet my house on the over we have a lot of weaknesses some people on this board want to ignore but our DLine is elite and will put up top tier numbers
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Over. We had 41 last year, and this line looks miles better this season.

Reply/Quote
Over. Atkins, Billings, Dunlap, Lawson, Willis......... Wrecking Crew! They'll get close to 10 against Indy's line Week 1.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 05:28 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Extremely excited about all the talent we have on our defensive line.  How many sacks are you predicting.  Over under 35?

Lawson may break single season record for sacks for the Bengals.  I think the record belongs to Edwards with 13 back in the early 1980s.  Lawson looks like the Terminator out there.   This team could approach 45 sacks this year.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Over. 51 is the club record and I think they could come close to that this year.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:55 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Over. Atkins, Billings, Dunlap, Lawson, Willis......... Wrecking Crew! They'll get close to 10 against Indy's line Week 1.

Geno Atkins vs Quinton Nelson will be a fun match up to watch.

To OP: Definitely Over I'm saying near the 51 franchise record mark...If the offensive can score points they could lead the league.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:57 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Over. 51 is the club record and I think they could come close to that this year.

Over

And I strongly feel the club record will be broken.....if this offense can come together and score some points make some teams play from behind = more pass plays.
Reply/Quote
We may have to make history and win the Superbowl with a great Defense and an exclusive Pass Offense since we can't run at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:56 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lawson may break single season record for sacks for the Bengals.  I think the record belongs to Edwards with 13 back in the early 1980s.  Lawson looks like the Terminator out there.   This team could approach 45 sacks this year.   

"really?"

[Image: hi-res-3c0f643122695408861f1bf0e6124c4f_...=630&h=420]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:56 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lawson may break single season record for sacks for the Bengals.  I think the record belongs to Edwards with 13 back in the early 1980s.  Lawson looks like the Terminator out there.   This team could approach 45 sacks this year.   

Awesome Lawson is so awesome that Japan has renamed their convenience stores under his name. Lawson Station baby!

[Image: 2282.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: "really?"

[Image: hi-res-3c0f643122695408861f1bf0e6124c4f_...=630&h=420]

my bad, 13.5 by no other than 96
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:15 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: my bad, 13.5 by no other than 96

Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Barring major injury, I think we pass 51 this year... these guys are all over the place. And with our offensive line, they will play a lot too.
Reply/Quote
Lawson might get 36 by himself. Tongue

But seriously, I think he's had 2 in each of our first 3 preseason games, playing less than a full half in those games. I don't think 24 sacks is out of his reach. That's 1.5 sacks per game. I'll be surprised if he ever gets shut out.

With Billings getting the kind of pressure he's been getting, he could have 6. Count on Geno to get 10-12. Dunlap should get 10-12. Hubbard might be good for 6 and the same with Willis.

Throw in 4-5 by Burfict, and 5 by misc DBs and LBs on blitzes, I think we could see us put up 60 sacks.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:50 AM)Shady Wrote: Lawson might get 36 by himself. Tongue

But seriously, I think he's had 2 in each of our first 3 preseason games, playing less than a full half in those games. I don't think 24 sacks is out of his reach. That's 1.5 sacks per game. I'll be surprised if he ever gets shut out.

With Billings getting the kind of pressure he's been getting, he could have 6. Count on Geno to get 10-12. Dunlap should get 10-12. Hubbard might be good for 6 and the same with Willis.

Throw in 4-5 by Burfict, and 5 by misc DBs and LBs on blitzes, I think we could see us put up 60 sacks.

Burfict has never had more than 3 in a season so 4 or 5 while missing at least 4 games would be quite a feat.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 05:28 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Extremely excited about all the talent we have on our defensive line.  How many sacks are you predicting.  Over under 35?

51 sacks for our 51st season
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 11:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burfict has never had more than 3 in a season so 4 or 5 while missing at least 4 games would be quite a feat.

with brown in the lineup they might feel more comfortable sending burfict in for the kill
Reply/Quote

Over, i think we break our Franchise record this year. With Billings finally showing what he has this will open up
everything from Geno to our Ends to feast. Stop the run, get them in 3rd and long and pin our ears back with
Dunlap, Lawson, Willis, Hubbard and even MJ at DT where he is too quick for interior Lineman.

Was for cutting MJ but i think we need to keep Dunlap happy and he is his buddy. MJ is not too bad in a rotation,
i just don't want the guy starting.

Definately going to be a sackfest this year barring injuries knock on wood.
Reply/Quote