Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overstating our losses: Ignore the media
This is an old article but it poses some relevance. I think we're all in agreement that the media has been overstating our losses this year. Check out #16 and #22 on this list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503855/article/ranking-each-positions-importance-from-quarterback-to-returner

'Nuff said IMO.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We'll certainly not know until the season unfolds. However it is my thinking that many fans undervalued Jones and Sanu. Both were productive, starting veterans, especially Jones. His last two active years saw him average 800 yds. Per season. That's a lot of yds. for someone who was not our primary receiver. The Bengals saw that also as they offered him a boatload of money. I like the young guys as replacements, but being rookies, it's unlikely they will have nearly the impact as the two we lost. Particularly early in the season. Andy is the type of QB that needs a good system around him. It wouldn't surprise me if Andy and the WRs struggle the first half. I wouldn't be surprised at a 2-4 start.
Reply/Quote
Other teams have injuries as well. The Colts just lost their starting G for the season, and the Ravens lost Ben Watson (TE) for the year last night as well as a promising young RB (Forget name, and didn't see an injury report but he couldn't put weight on his leg and they were looking at his knee).

The bottom line: The Bengals have top talent at each "level" of the defense, and they have top talent at QB, RB, TE, and WR with a very good oline on offense. Lots of athletes that make our special teams one of the best. If they keep their core talent healthy this season, they have a really good shot at making a title run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
But don't ya know we are "overdue" to miss the playoffs? LMAO
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 10:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Other teams have injuries as well.  The Colts just lost their starting G for the season, and the Ravens lost Ben Watson (TE) for the year last night as well as a promising young RB (Forget name, and didn't see an injury report but he couldn't put weight on his leg and they were looking at his knee).

The bottom line:  The Bengals have top talent at each "level" of the defense, and they have top talent at QB, RB, TE, and WR with a very good oline on offense.  Lots of athletes that make our special teams one of the best.  If they keep their core talent healthy this season, they have a really good shot at making a title run.

Would really hate to see Carson end up in Baltimore.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 10:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would really hate to see Carson end up in Baltimore.

Agreed.  I think that really puts it in perspective on who the Bengals should keep and who should be released.  Peerman is a great guy in the locker room and he is a special teams ace, but I don't see him being the kind of back that could step in for Jeremy Hill.  

Carson should make the team.  
Reply/Quote
Lewis Locker Room:

'IGNORE THE NOISE'
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 10:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would really hate to see Carson end up in Baltimore.

For sure, just caught that the Ravens got Eric Weddle. Don't know how i missed that! Shocked

(08-28-2016, 03:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  I think that really puts it in perspective on who the Bengals should keep and who should be released.  Peerman is a great guy in the locker room and he is a special teams ace, but I don't see him being the kind of back that could step in for Jeremy Hill.  

Carson should make the team.  

Tra will have to have a couple monster games or injuries to happen to beat out Peerman though broth.

Love Tra Carson but i doubt he makes the team over Peerman. Hopefully no one picks him up off our PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 07:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, just caught that the Ravens got Eric Weddle. Don't know how i missed that! Shocked

Tra will have to have a couple monster games or injuries to happen to beat out Peerman though broth.

Love Tra Carson but i doubt he makes the team over Peerman. Hopefully no one picks him up off our PS.

Well, it looks like Peerman might be out for the season, or the IR-designated to return at week 10 list at best.  We may not think we need a backup RB that badly, but we do need a special teams player.  I'm not sure if that is Carson or possibly Erickson.  

Frankly, after watching Erickson again on PR and his lone reception, I really want this guy on the team.  Maybe they keep Tate and Erickson without Peerman.  
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, it looks like Peerman might be out for the season, or the IR-designated to return at week 10 list at best.  We may not think we need a backup RB that badly, but we do need a special teams player.  I'm not sure if that is Carson or possibly Erickson.  

Frankly, after watching Erickson again on PR and his lone reception, I really want this guy on the team.  Maybe they keep Tate and Erickson without Peerman.  

I realize that Peerman's injury creates an opening for a 4th RB, primarily for ST play.  Isn't Peerman's role mainly as a blocker/tackler on returns and coverage?  Not sure that keeping Erickson, a returner, fills the role that Peerman plays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, it looks like Peerman might be out for the season, or the IR-designated to return at week 10 list at best.  We may not think we need a backup RB that badly, but we do need a special teams player.  I'm not sure if that is Carson or possibly Erickson.  

The Peerman injury definately opens up a big hole for someone.

I think Tate and Erickson make the team and hoping for Carson still which could now be a possibility.

(08-29-2016, 11:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I realize that Peerman's injury creates an opening for a 4th RB, primarily for ST play.  Isn't Peerman's role mainly as a blocker/tackler on returns and coverage?  Not sure that keeping Erickson, a returner, fills the role that Peerman plays.

Rex Burkhead Sunset, Rex Burkhead.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 01:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Peerman injury definately opens up a big hole for someone.

I think Tate and Erickson make the team and hoping for Carson still which could now be a possibility.

Rex Burkhead Sunset, Rex Burkhead.

Burkhead is already on 'teams.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Burkhead is already on 'teams.

I know, but he is the guy to fill Peerman's role, not Erickson.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know, but he is the guy to fill Peerman's role, not Erickson.

Oh, yes.  Most definitely, I guess that I just misunderstood what you were aiming at.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 02:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, yes.  Most definitely, I guess that I just misunderstood what you were aiming at.

I was kind of vague. Ninja
Reply/Quote