Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owen Daniels
Somebody get him on the phone pronto.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Somebody get him on the phone pronto.

Most definately.

After hearing about Eifert's surgery we are way thin at TE. Daniels is a solid vet that would fill Eifert's shoes till
he comes back and could tutor up the young guys.
Reply/Quote
Old friend Chase Coffman is available. He set career highs last year in catches yards and TDs

8 catches 71 yards and 1 TD
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Old friend Chase Coffman is available. He set career highs last year in catches yards and TDs

8 catches 71 yards and 1 TD

Isn't college exactly like the pros?!? Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
At 33 Daniels would be one of our younger FA signings this year. Plus he was cut so no counting against on comps.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Isn't college exactly like the pros?!? Hilarious

Depends on the program. That's why players that come from traditional pro-style offenses usually get rated higher. Hybrid offense places like Mizzou and GT, not so much. I think Chase played a position in college that doesn't exist in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At 33 Daniels would be one of our younger FA signings this year. Plus he was cut so no counting against on comps.

Would make a lot of sense, plus he has played in the AFC North for the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Depends on the program. That's why players that come from traditional pro-style offenses usually get rated higher. Hybrid offense places like Mizzou and GT, not so much. I think Chase played a position in college that doesn't exist in the NFL.

Hopefully Uzi adapts better than Coffman did.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Depends on the program. That's why players that come from traditional pro-style offenses usually get rated higher. Hybrid offense places like Mizzou and GT, not so much. I think Chase played a position in college that doesn't exist in the NFL.

A Tight End that stands up as WR?  That position is prominent in the NFL these days.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hopefully Uzi adapts better than Coffman did.

If no TEs signed we probly start the season with Kroft and Hewitt as the TEs and   Fisher playing the FB roll again.

TE signing would be good but who gets the axe when eifert is back if we did sign daniels... would it be daniels or uzi.

That kid on the PS squad from last year might also be a temp solution
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If no TEs signed we probly start the season with Kroft and Hewitt as the TEs and   Fisher playing the FB roll again.

TE signing would be good but who gets the axe when eifert is back if we did sign daniels... would it be daniels or uzi.

That kid on the PS squad from last year might also be a temp solution

I bet Uzomah is active too if Eifert is not back by the opener. I heard Fisher is not going back to FB but who knows after this.

Good question about who gets the boot once Eifert is back, doubt we cut Uzi.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I bet Uzomah is active too if Eifert is not back by the opener. I heard Fisher is not going back to FB but who knows after this.

Good question about who gets the boot once Eifert is back, doubt we cut Uzi.

that's why I think it might be more likely we go with who we think we can push back to the Practice Squad.

Uzomah would be active but I was just saying starters... Both Kroft and Hewitt have played TE for us... and decently.

Maybe Uzomah could fill the FB roll as I believe they were working him there a bit. wouldn't be as good as blocking as Hewitt but probly more dangerous as a weapon for the offense.
Reply/Quote
Pass on Daniels. He has only been good under Kubiak. And even Kubiak finally gave up on him.

If Andrew Quarless is healthy i would bring him to camp to compete. Other than that like other have said think it is Peters. The PS TE. He could be on the roster a couple games then go back to PS if need be.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 02:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Pass on Daniels. He has only been good under Kubiak.

So you're saying his whole career?

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 05:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're saying his whole career?

You are right. I was thinking of someone else. There was some TE that did well with Kubiak and blew when he wasn't with him.
Reply/Quote
He signed a 3 year 12 million deal last year. John Elway is pretty good. And he cut him after one year of that deal. Daniels has talked about retirement
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 08:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He signed a 3 year 12 million deal last year. John Elway is pretty good. And he cut him after one year of that deal. Daniels has talked about retirement

33 is a fair age to consider retirement, for an NFL TE.  Those dudes take some wicked hits from some crushing LBs and Safeties.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If only Rey Maualuga had to cover him every game, we'd be set. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 08:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He signed a 3 year 12 million deal last year. John Elway is pretty good. And he cut him after one year of that deal. Daniels has talked about retirement

Hes soo good he lost his current and future QB at the same time. and still doesn't have one.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2016, 08:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 33 is a fair age to consider retirement, for an NFL TE.  Those dudes take some wicked hits from some crushing LBs and Safeties.

Reggie sure gave him a slobber knocker last year. Cool
Reply/Quote