Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owen Daniels
Since Kroft is hurt, and Eifert is going to be out for a bit. Do you think that the Bengals should sign Owen Daniels? Personally I think that another good TE wouldn't hurt at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Should they? Maybe. Will they? Hell no.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Ceej will tae the cover off defenses this year and he will emerge as the #2 pass catching TE.

Bank on it. Aside from being a physical freak, he'sa willing blocker and he fights hard for yards.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 11:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Since Kroft is hurt, and Eifert is going to be out for a bit. Do you think that the Bengals should sign Owen Daniels? Personally I think that another good TE wouldn't hurt at all.

I don;t see them signing anyone this early.. we are 4 weeks away and nothing official on either Kroft or Eifert.. we only can speculate, the Bengal brass have a lot more info than we do... my belief is if Kroft is back by game 1 and Eiffert back by 4/5 I don;t see them signing another TE 
Reply/Quote
Nope. Hewitt will play more TE, and Luc will play fullback.

Isn't there still a 6 week PUP where the player can begin practicing in week 4 or 5? I would rather have a 100% Eifert for the stretch run over rushing him back and not having the same potential impact.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Nope.  Hewitt will play more TE, and Luc will play fullback.  

Isn't there still a 6 week PUP where the player can begin practicing in week 4 or 5?  I would rather have a 100% Eifert for the stretch run over rushing him back and not having the same potential impact.

Pretty much this.

We will see more of Ryan and his luxurious mane line up at the Tight End spot, which im happy with. The more ways we can find to use him the better.

Eifert will be PUP'd and we will see him later on.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If need be they will put Fisher at FB like they did at the end of last season
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 08:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Nope.  Hewitt will play more TE, and Luc will play fullback.  

Isn't there still a 6 week PUP where the player can begin practicing in week 4 or 5?  I would rather have a 100% Eifert for the stretch run over rushing him back and not having the same potential impact.

believe he has to wait till week 6 to practice but there is a 2 week window after that to activate him.  (if started on the pup list)
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 10:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: believe he has to wait till week 6 to practice but there is a 2 week window after that to activate him.  (if started on the pup list)

I think since Eifert has had no practice yet, he is under a different set of rules and not subject to the 6 to 8 week wait.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Could not hurt, but do not see this happening yet unless preseason highlights the need.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
No need to sign a TE. Save roster space and give the other lesser known guys a chance to prove what they can do. CJ is perfectly competent to handle camp/preseason reps, Kroft will be back sooner than later, Eifert won't be out as long as many of us fear (not a fact, just my desperate hope LOL) Hewett is definitely serviceable as a TE Plenty of depth to be in a position to just ride out the wave rather than splash around signing someone else
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:41 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: No need to sign a TE.  Save roster space and give the other lesser known guys a chance to prove what they can do.  CJ is perfectly competent to handle camp/preseason reps, Kroft will be back sooner than later, Eifert won't be out as long as many of us fear (not a fact, just my desperate hope LOL)   Hewett is definitely serviceable as a TE   Plenty of depth to be in a position to just ride out the wave rather than splash around signing someone else

All this optimism and you can't envision a scenario where the Bengals get Owen Daniels for a song and he turns out to be a huge help?  Geez!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All this optimism and you can't envision a scenario where the Bengals get Owen Daniels for a song and he turns out to be a huge help?  Geez!

Does the NFL have a provision where a guy can sign as a 'volunteer' player?  No hit to the salary cap  LOL  Maybe we could bring him in as a tight end consultant and get him to play for free and become a huge contributor!  That'd be something to see!  You are correct, I missed the boat on my exuberate optimism  LOL!! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 12:55 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Does the NFL have a provision where a guy can sign as a 'volunteer' player?  No hit to the salary cap  LOL  Maybe we could bring him in as a tight end consultant and get him to play for free and become a huge contributor!  That'd be something to see!  You are correct, I missed the boat on my exuberate optimism  LOL!! ThumbsUp

Now you're beginning to get it!  Add in something about trading a fourth round pick to New England for Gronk, because they probably don't want to have to deal with his contract and the "distractions" of him partying in Vegas, if Daniels' player/coach role does not work out, and you fit in completely ThumbsUp lmao
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 01:43 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Now you're beginning to get it!  Add in something about trading a fourth round pick to New England for Gronk, because they probably don't want to have to deal with his contract and the "distractions" of him partying in Vegas, if Daniels' player/coach role does not work out, and you fit in completely ThumbsUp lmao

We should definitely at least offer that trade!  The worst they could do is say no, right?
Reply/Quote
Heavy Doses of Uzomah and Hewitt to start if kroft/eifert cant go.

But signing a TE for practice snaps so we don't run those 2 down sounds like a good idea.
Reply/Quote
I had Daniels on my fantasy team last year due to all the TE injuries. He did okay. I just don't see the Bengals signing him because of the depth at that position.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote