Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oz and Walker
The two schmucks the republican party is hanging their hats on for the senate..
Oz just inherited a damning report from Columbia University detailing just some of the dirty business he was involved with using dogs in experiments..It seems he managed to kill over 329 and ignored most if not all of the guidelines established by the Animal welfare act.. Don't take my word for it. It's a matter of public record. 

Now onto Mr Walker..the wonderful family man, great Christian and Rhodes scholar.. His own son Christian Walker waded in on Twitter ..
Quote:I know my mom and I would really appreciate if my father Herschel Walker stopped lying and making a mockery of us.

You’re not a “family man” when you left us to bang a bunch of women, threatened to kill us, and had us move over 6 times in 6 months running from your violence.
But wait!  There's more? Why yes there is. 

Quote:I don’t care about someone who has a bad past and takes accountability. But how DARE YOU LIE and act as though you’re some “moral, Christian, upright man.” You’ve lived a life of DESTROYING other peoples lives. How dare you.

This is what the republican party has to offer..nothing more, nothing less. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to lie, I find the idea of someone who can't articulate thoughts and is prone to violence against men or women being involved in nasty Senate doings to be morbidly interesting.
Reply/Quote
Agree or Disagree with Dr Oz, he’s still better than Fetterman. Why would anyone vote for Fetterman? My goodness, doesn't he want to release half the prison population, legalize hard drugs and defund the police. Good luck with that. 
Fortunately I live far away so knock yourselves out PA.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 02:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Agree or Disagree with Dr Oz, he’s still better than Fetterman. Why would anyone vote for Fetterman? My goodness, doesn't he want to release half the prison population (NO), legalize hard drugs (NO) and defund the police (NO). Good luck with that. 

answers in bold.  sounds like you got got.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 02:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Agree or Disagree with Dr Oz, he’s still better than Fetterman. Why would anyone vote for Fetterman? My goodness, doesn't he want to release half the prison population, legalize hard drugs and defund the police. Good luck with that. 

I live in PA.  So I'm already a better candidate than Oz.  Oz is a carpetbagger who defrauded people via his television show.  

But also most of that that you typed is not true.  The actual words might have been said but the context changes everything.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 02:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Agree or Disagree with Dr Oz, he’s still better than Fetterman. Why would anyone vote for Fetterman? My goodness, doesn't he want to release half the prison population, legalize hard drugs and defund the police. Good luck with that. 

I guess we'll just have to hope that you do better/actual due diligence on people you can actually vote for. 
Reply/Quote

John Fetterman is already the lieutenant governor of PA and we've had a democrat governor for what seems like ages. Shouldn't we already be overrun by prisoners he released or is this some sort of role the Senate plays in things?

Im open to the idea that Fetterman is nuts, but the people who say he is crazy dangerous have been saying all sorts of crazy stuff lately. 

Democrats are going to release the prisoners sounds like a different take on the border crisis talking points for a state that isn't near Mexico.  

Maybe it's true, but it seems more like we are getting anti fetterman ads as anything Oz does to promote himself flopped pretty hard and they're pivoting their strategy.  If fetterman is going to open prison doors you have to wonder why Oz spent so much time complaining about Biden and the price of guacamole. 

Also there is a reject freeloading fetterman banner ad on this page as i type this.
Reply/Quote

This may be why. Oz, like you, doesn't actually live in PA.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Walker isn't remotely qualified for the Senate. Like Tuberville, he's an uneducated man who barely understands how the government operates. Republican leaders know that. They don't care. They just need yes men for McConnell.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It's strange to see the Republican Party, ie the party that bashed dems for being the party of Hollywood and celebrities, go back to the well hard for celebrity candidates. Not to mention, almost every famous person they run other than perhaps St. Ronnie was deeply flawed in obvious ways.

Trump was a gold mine for the right wing shift that we saw on the court and in working class America. Unfortunately for the party, he sucks in an almost unexplainable way in choosing candidates. His endorsement has meant less than almost any reasonably popular political leader I've ever seen. Yet, somehow, his overt criticism of members of his party can be a death sentence. The guy cares for only himself, and he's a shit liar. He can't even muster the discipline to look like he give a single shit about his party's candidates that aren't Donald Trump. He even takes opportunities to humiliate them at times when they need to look strong. His endorsement of Bevin here in Kentucky was a master class in half-assed public speaking and motivation of the base in a very right-wing state.

I think Fetterman wins pretty handily and would bet Warnock as well (although not as decisively) if I had to put money on it. The domestic violence/abortion/mental illness rumors around Walker will be tough to overcome. I also think that Warnock, if he wins, will start to become a popular potential candidate for higher office. His reputation as a worker is well noted, and a Democratic Senator from a southern state will always be a prime option for the party nationally.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 10:33 PM)samhain Wrote: It's strange to see the Republican Party, ie the party that bashed dems for being the party of Hollywood and celebrities, go back to the well hard for celebrity candidates.  Not to mention, almost every famous person they run other than perhaps St. Ronnie was deeply flawed in obvious ways.  

Trump was a gold mine for the right wing shift that we saw on the court and in working class America.  Unfortunately for the party, he sucks in an almost unexplainable way in choosing candidates.  His endorsement has meant less than almost any reasonably popular political leader I've ever seen.  Yet, somehow, his overt criticism of members of his party can be a death sentence.  The guy cares for only himself, and he's a shit liar.  He can't even muster the discipline to look like he give a single shit about his party's candidates that aren't Donald Trump.  He even takes opportunities to humiliate them at times when they need to look strong.  His endorsement of Bevin here in Kentucky was a master class in half-assed public speaking and motivation of the base in a very right-wing state.  

I think Fetterman wins pretty handily and would bet Warnock as well (although not as decisively) if I had to put money on it.  The domestic violence/abortion/mental illness rumors around Walker will be tough to overcome.  I also think that Warnock, if he wins, will start to become a popular potential candidate for higher office.  His reputation as a worker is well noted, and a Democratic Senator from a southern state will always be a prime option for the party nationally.

I'll admit I sort of brushed that off at first, but when you think about it other than Obama and Biden who are both wild cards in the sense that Obama was a new demographic and popular and Biden had that Obama connection plus the wild-card aspect of any election involving Trump, the democrats haven't had a non-southern president since JFK.

LBJ was from Texas
Carter was from Georgia
Clinton was from Arkansas

Warnock's combination of being a southern democrat along with his religious affiliation does fit that "We're meeting you half way" style so I guess it could happen.
Reply/Quote
Herschel Walker is a clown who literally lives his everyday life trying to please white ppl.

And he seems like he has something wrong with him mentally too.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The gop doesn't care.  They only want power.  They run people with name recognition vs anyone with any ideas so the leaders of the party can just get yes votes.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
I can't tell if the blanket "get out of jail free" approach the GOP has towards Christianity is helping or hurting the image and recruitment of Christianity.

Also amusing that the GOP knows Walker will be a virtue in the Senate because he's a Christian but they also need a Muslim candidate to win in PA to push their agenda.  Big tent and all. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 10:33 PM)samhain Wrote: It's strange to see the Republican Party, ie the party that bashed dems for being the party of Hollywood and celebrities, go back to the well hard for celebrity candidates.  Not to mention, almost every famous person they run other than perhaps St. Ronnie was deeply flawed in obvious ways.  

When your party has no policies or goals beyond obstruction, you often have to rely on name recognition to get votes.

Quote:Trump was a gold mine for the right wing shift that we saw on the court and in working class America.  Unfortunately for the party, he sucks in an almost unexplainable way in choosing candidates.  His endorsement has meant less than almost any reasonably popular political leader I've ever seen.  Yet, somehow, his overt criticism of members of his party can be a death sentence.  The guy cares for only himself, and he's a shit liar.  He can't even muster the discipline to look like he give a single shit about his party's candidates that aren't Donald Trump.  He even takes opportunities to humiliate them at times when they need to look strong.  His endorsement of Bevin here in Kentucky was a master class in half-assed public speaking and motivation of the base in a very right-wing state.  

One Youtuber I follow, Beau of the Fifth Column, often says "You can't win a Republican primary without Trump's endorsement, you can't win a general election with Trump's endorsement."

Obviously, that statement is hyperbolic and reductive, as I imagine there are people who have won in both scenarios, especially in deep red areas where the Republican was going to win regardless of his endorsement, but the general trend is that Trump's endorsement helps in primaries, hurts in general elections.

Quote:I think Fetterman wins pretty handily and would bet Warnock as well (although not as decisively) if I had to put money on it.  The domestic violence/abortion/mental illness rumors around Walker will be tough to overcome.  I also think that Warnock, if he wins, will start to become a popular potential candidate for higher office.  His reputation as a worker is well noted, and a Democratic Senator from a southern state will always be a prime option for the party nationally.

The polls I'm seeing have Fetterman and Warnock winning, but I don't trust polls anymore haha. I think both states would be absolutely insane to elect either republican candidate, but then I feel that way about a lot of elections that end up going to the Republicans (like Tommy Tuberville winning somehow).
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:49 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When your party has no policies or goals beyond obstruction, you often have to rely on name recognition to get votes.

One Youtuber I follow, Beau of the Fifth Column, often says "You can't win a Republican primary without Trump's endorsement, you can't win a general election with Trump's endorsement."

Obviously, that statement is hyperbolic and reductive, as I imagine there are people who have won in both scenarios, especially in deep red areas where the Republican was going to win regardless of his endorsement, but the general trend is that Trump's endorsement helps in primaries, hurts in general elections.

The polls I'm seeing have Fetterman and Warnock winning, but I don't trust polls anymore haha. I think both states would be absolutely insane to elect either republican candidate, but then I feel that way about a lot of elections that end up going to the Republicans (like Tommy Tuberville winning somehow).

Just the reality that the GOP wants to push criminalization of abortion and those who facilitate them by electing a man who seems to have done exactly what they want to make illegal is just glorious. 

Maybe Oz will vow to crack down on charlatan doctors and fetterman can smoke a bong on stage while promising to throw stoners in prison. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Just the reality that the GOP wants to push criminalization of abortion and those who facilitate them by electing a man who seems to have done exactly what they want to make illegal is just glorious. 

Maybe Oz will vow to crack down on charlatan doctors and fetterman can smoke a bong on stage while promising to throw stoners in prison. 

Hypocrisy is inevitable in politics (from all parties), because humans in general are pretty hypocritical, but sometimes it does feel like real life Republicans are straw men written by the hackiest political cartoonists in the world. They take it to a whole other level of hypocrisy in ways that are really funny in a depressing, "How is half the country okay with this?" kind of way.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 10:33 PM)samhain Wrote:  Trump was a gold mine for the right wing shift that we saw on the court and in working class America.  Unfortunately for the party, he sucks in an almost unexplainable way in choosing candidates.  His endorsement has meant less than almost any reasonably popular political leader I've ever seen.  Yet, somehow, his overt criticism of members of his party can be a death sentence.  The guy cares for only himself, and he's a shit liar.  He can't even muster the discipline to look like he give a single shit about his party's candidates that aren't Donald Trump.  He even takes opportunities to humiliate them at times when they need to look strong.  His endorsement of Bevin here in Kentucky was a master class in half-assed public speaking and motivation of the base in a very right-wing state.  

It is not unexplainable.  The explanation, in fact, is quite simple.  He chooses candidates who 1) Praise him to the point of subservience 2) pay him a lot of money  3) are famous 4) or all of the above.   Remember he endorsed Oz because "women loved him on TV.  How many times has he claimed someone was "straight out of central casting?  He focuses on looks, fame, and sucking up strength.  He lacks the ability for forward-thinking so he pays little or no attention to the next election,  only to the current (or past) one.  He plain doesn't choose qualified candidates.

Herschel Walker claimed on Fox he didn't know the woman he supposedly paid to have the abortion. Turns out she is the mother of one of his children.  If he really forgot he knows, it is a problem.  If he knows her and lied, it is a problem

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:17 PM)pally Wrote: It is not unexplainable.  The explanation, in fact, is quite simple.  He chooses candidates who 1) Praise him to the point of subservience 2) pay him a lot of money  3) are famous 4) or all of the above.   Remember he endorsed Oz because "women loved him on TV.  How many times has he claimed someone was "straight out of central casting?  He focuses on looks, fame, and sucking up strength.  He lacks the ability for forward-thinking so he pays little or no attention to the next election,  only to the current (or past) one.  He plain doesn't choose qualified candidates.

Herschel Walker claimed on Fox he didn't know the woman he supposedly paid to have the abortion. Turns out she is the mother of one of his children.  If he really forgot he knows, it is a problem.  If he knows her and lied, it is a problem

In this day and age it's not a problem if he lied about paying for the abortion, or doesn't realize that he knows the woman. The only thing that matters is the R or D next to his name.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
R=Q=WWG1WGA= an actual slogan for lemmings.
Reply/Quote