Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oz and Walker
I mean it's the same party that let BoBo and Soylent Greene to run amok, go to bat for ChildGaetz, and still peddle the Big Lie, despite having less evidence of it than alien life or Bigfoot.

The sad part is a third of the country love this shit. They think it upsets the other side of the fence when all it really does is weaken the country and make us look like the ***** joke we've resigned ourselves to becoming.
Reply/Quote
"If I *did* do it there's nothing to be ashamed of but I didn't do it.  Also everyone else should be ashamed if they do it."

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 11:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: "If I *did* do it there's nothing to be ashamed of but I didn't do it.  Also everyone else should be ashamed if they do it."

As long as people are willing to admit that by their logic, that abortion is murder, that they would rather vote for a literal murderer than risk losing political power, then fine. Just own the hypocrisy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 04:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As long as people are willing to admit that by their logic, that abortion is murder, that they would rather vote for a literal murderer than risk losing political power, then fine. Just own the hypocrisy.

Is this even hypocrisy at this point?  The idea that a man who can further the GOP agenda should be above the law has been standard with Republican voters in the Trump era. 

Trump could shoot a man and not lose support so why can't Walker pay for an abortion and then lie that he doesn't even know the woman? This shouldn't cost Walker many GOP votes because they can have the mindset that a man who paid for an abortion will be a net gain for "good" if he can vote to make abortion illegal and then save a zillion babies.

It's not hypocrisy so much as it is a completely unfair yet specific hierarchical mindset.  Right now A specific political policy of the right is that Republicans need to be above the law.  I will say that it seems bizarre that his defenders like Hannity and Trump would call this a lie and support Walker saying he doesn't even know the woman when it turns out he has a kid with her. Though I guess when it comes to Trump and Hannity they have viewers/supporters who literally refuse to believe anything that contradicts what they say.

With that being said, the puppy killing thing could sink Oz because you can't accuse the puppies of being amoral skanks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Republican pundits are saying we shouldn't even be discussing Walker's apparent hypocrisy as his partner's abortion paid for by him is a personal matter.

Of course, they can't explain why the decisions I make concerning my body and my family are their business and not a personal matter for me.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:08 AM)pally Wrote: Republican pundits are saying we shouldn't even be discussing Walker's apparent hypocrisy as his partner's abortion paid for by him is a personal matter.

Of course, they can't explain why the decisions I make concerning my body and my family are their business and not a personal matter for me.

People getting abortions should be a personal choice and treated as a private matter eh?  What a novel concept for the GOP to adopt. 

Maybe we as a country could reach some middle ground and agree to this viewpoint.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: People getting abortions should be a personal choice and treated as a private matter eh?  What a novel concept for the GOP to adopt. 

Maybe we as a country could reach some middle ground and agree to this viewpoint.  Ninja

No you misunderstand. It's only a personal matter if you make over $250,000 a year or have a couple million stashed away.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 04:10 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: No you misunderstand. It's only a personal matter if you make over $250,000 a year or have a couple million stashed away.

Nonsense.  Try telling that to my wife's family members who hate the fact that liberal elites in Hollywood keep grinding up babies and rubbing them on their skin to capture their youth.  Christ almighty, I wish I were joking. I was under the impression conservatives lived in the "good ol' days" but I was unaware the good ol' days took place in the late 15th century.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 05:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nonsense.  Try telling that to my wife's family members who hate the fact that liberal elites in Hollywood keep grinding up babies and rubbing them on their skin to capture their youth.

Why are these Hollywood elites pro choice? They are cutting down on their own baby supply.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 05:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nonsense.  Try telling that to my wife's family members who hate the fact that liberal elites in Hollywood keep grinding up babies and rubbing them on their skin to capture their youth.  Christ almighty, I wish I were joking.  I was under the impression conservatives lived in the "good ol' days" but I was unaware the good ol' days took place in the late 15th century.

So your parents think Elizabeth Bathory still lives?

What are their thoughts on Dracula?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 10:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So your parents think Elizabeth Bathory still lives?

What are their thoughts on Dracula?

No, my ol man was a liberal but still did his duty when he got drafted and my mom still thinks fondly of Jimmy Carter.  I married into some rural PA evangelical wackiness. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 11:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: No, my ol man was a liberal but still did his duty when he got drafted and my mom still thinks fondly of Jimmy Carter.  I married into some rural PA evangelical wackiness. 

Ah ****. I meant to say in laws. It was a long day yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2022, 09:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: People getting abortions should be a personal choice and treated as a private matter eh?  What a novel concept for the GOP to adopt. 

Sean Hannity's position on COVID vaccinations was strongly pro-choice:

It should be a decision between you and your doctor, not enforced by the gov.

After all, it's YOUR body and you should decide.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 10:33 PM)samhain Wrote: I think Fetterman wins pretty handily and would bet Warnock as well (although not as decisively) if I had to put money on it.  The domestic violence/abortion/mental illness rumors around Walker will be tough to overcome.  I also think that Warnock, if he wins, will start to become a popular potential candidate for higher office.  His reputation as a worker is well noted, and a Democratic Senator from a southern state will always be a prime option for the party nationally.

I think that people voting for Walker will not be much affected by his hypocrisy. Their concern is with 1) taking the Senate, and 2) doing so with people who will vote with GOP herd, as instructed. No Romneys or McCains susceptible to ethical principle. 

One of the effects of Trump's domination of the GOP has been first to force people to choose--knowingly--an unethical person for the top job in the nation, a job which put him in charge of law enforcement and made him the international face of the U.S., and then to gradually accomodate themselves to rationalizations which vitiate older conservative demands for character and moral propriety in candidates. That's why we hear claims that Biden is a liar too, and anyway all politicians are. Anything to secure the appearance that Trump, who sought to overturn a legitimate election to stay in power, was really no different or worse than any other politician. 

Add to this the deformation of the GOP as it has become a regime party loyal to a dear leader rather than to the nation or to democratic principles. Walker's character doesn't matter. The question is really will he do what the far sharper and more strategic party leaders want him to do, like vote down any new voting rights bill and support a national abortion ban.  It used to be that being a recognizable tool for other interests was the kiss of death in U.S. politics. Now it is an advantage to candidates who lack the competence and knowledge of government usually expected of representatives. 

But this tolerance of imperfection is not extended to the other side. Pennsylvanians now are deluged with ads about Fetterman relying on his parents for support until 49 and pulling a weapon to chase down a black guy he mistakenly thought committed a crime (which would be a positive for a law and order Repub), not to mention his stroke. Also, commentators like Brian Kilmeade, who normally go off on how "liberal elites" think they are better than the average working Republican, have been attacking Fetterman's low class appearance with the hoodie and tatoos and bald head. I expect Oz to close with him in the coming weeks, even if he is a rich out of stater.
Reply/Quote
As a Pennsylvanian this carpetbagging fraudster is very worrisome. 

Enough of the Q, MAGA, will vote for Oz even when he says (or especially when he says) things like this:

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 10:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: As a Pennsylvanian this carpetbagging fraudster is very worrisome. 

Enough of the Q, MAGA, will vote for Oz even when he says (or especially when he says) things like this:

Local leaders?  This is odd because PA looks like it's going to go heavy blue on governor again with Shapiro likely to trounce the Q and Trump template Mastriano, and this is after Tom Wolf winning twice by big margins.  So unless there is a federal ban I don't see PA going the GOP's way on this stuff any time soon.

Then again, I'm not entirely sure who decides this stuff.  It just seems odd a governor candidate talking pro-life is way down in the polls while Oz talks pro-life and is in a tight race.  Fetterman comes off as way more nuts than Shapiro clearly, but he's also Shapiro's Lt Governor so you'd think the popularity would carry him a bit further.  I guess we'll see...who knows how accurate polls can be these days.  So many variables. 

EDIT - Fetterman is Tom Wolf's Lt. Governor and Shapiro is Attny General, my bad.
Reply/Quote
How any responsible adult could watch that debacle & honestly believe that Fetterman is a better candidate for office than Oz is flat out bewildering to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 11:23 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: How any responsible adult could watch that debacle & honestly believe that Fetterman is a better candidate for office than Oz is flat out bewildering to me.

I think Oz is a smarter version of Walker in the sense that you are voting for a celebrity with no experience, but you are trusting that person to tow the party line and in that sense it doesn't matter who you vote for as long as they are a literal button pusher for your side.

If Oz and Walker beat legitimately experienced political candidates, which they very well may, I'd wonder if the left doesn't go the same route of promoting celebrities, athletes, and inexperienced influences who will supposedly vote your way rather than actual politicians. Vote for this Twitch chick for senate and she will protect your right to choose AND send you a jar she farted in.

If people vote based upon one or two YES or NO issues, what is the point of trading popularity for experience? Vote for me and I'll do the one or two things you actually know about politics. Makes sense to me.

Dare I say Waker and Oz winning may lead to president Kaepernick. This country is getting close to seeing anyone with a political resume as a detriment to being elected. The part of me that finds insanity fascinating is on pins and needles.

EDIT - to more directly answer your question, even if Oz can better formulate his support of stuff people don't want they're going to vote for the other guy. Seems pretty simple. Maybe Fetterman is like the left's version of Walker...the guy has no brain but all he needs to do is vote for left wing stuff we want, so nuts to the articulate other guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 11:23 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: How any responsible adult could watch that debacle & honestly believe that Fetterman is a better candidate for office than Oz is flat out bewildering to me.

Is that a reference to Fetterman's auditory difficulties as he recovers from his stroke?  Because I'd rather vote for the guy from PA who has actual policies than the Oprah created Dr. Oz whether the opponent can process everything he hears quickly or not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 11:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is that a reference to Fetterman's auditory difficulties as he recovers from his stroke?  Because I'd rather vote for the guy from PA who has actual policies than the Oprah created Dr. Oz whether the opponent can process everything he hears quickly or not.

That's how I see it.  Fetterman is an elected official working under a governor who won twice in landslide fashion, so while I can see Oz winning, I can also see why people in PA would want to support one of the members of a rather popular and successful regime even if he mixes up words at some point.

Oz also flipping his prior assertions in order to tow the pro life line that is sinking the republican governor on the same ticket could cost him some votes, but time will tell.
Reply/Quote