Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oz and Walker
(10-26-2022, 11:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Is that a reference to Fetterman's auditory difficulties as he recovers from his stroke?  Because I'd rather vote for the guy from PA who has actual policies than the Oprah created Dr. Oz whether the opponent can process everything he hears quickly or not.

There is no good excuse for putting that man who is clearly trying to recover from a stroke behind a microphone let alone running for Senate.

You honestly think he's capable of thinking clearly, debating issues & making good decisions ?

Tell us all more about these good policies. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:07 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: There is no good excuse for putting that man who is clearly trying to recover from a stroke behind a microphone let alone running for Senate.

You honestly think he's capable of thinking clearly, debating issues & making good decisions ?

Would you vote for Warnock or Walker?

And here is just some stuff from a wiki page, but this is stuff people in a mostly blue state could be seen to get behind:

In 2021, Fetterman announced his candidacy in the 2022 United States Senate election in Pennsylvania. He won the Democratic nomination with 59% of the vote and faces Republican Mehmet Oz in the general election. Generally described as a progressive, Fetterman advocates for health care as a right, criminal justice reform, strengthening the U.S.–Israel relationship, raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour, and legalizing marijuana.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Would you vote for Warnock or Walker?

And here is just some stuff from a wiki page, but this is stuff people in a mostly blue state could be seen to get behind:

In 2021, Fetterman announced his candidacy in the 2022 United States Senate election in Pennsylvania. He won the Democratic nomination with 59% of the vote and faces Republican Mehmet Oz in the general election. Generally described as a progressive, Fetterman advocates for health care as a right, criminal justice reform, strengthening the U.S.–Israel relationship, raising the minimum wage to $15 an hour, and legalizing marijuana.

Honest answer...

In this election cycle I would vote for almost anyone before I would vote for a Dem. on a national level. I firmly believe that after the last 2 years messages have to be sent for a course correction.

There you go...flame away.

That being said I plan on voting for my current Dem. governor & a couple of others in my local election. 

How about you Nate which of these candidates are you recommending?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:22 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Honest answer...

In this election cycle I would vote for almost anyone before I would vote for a Dem. on a national level.  I firmly believe that after the last 2 years messages have to be sent for a course correction.

Yes...flame away.

That being said I plan on voting for my current Dem. governor & a couple of others in my local election. 

Vote for whomever you want. I'll admit the last few years have pushed me more towards one side, as well so we agree in that sense.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:07 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: There is no good excuse for putting that man who is clearly trying to recover from a stroke behind a microphone let alone running for Senate.

It's rather disingenuous of you to suggest that when he's been medically cleared:

https://johnfetterman.com/plan/

But, again, if you prefer someone from out of state who's claim to fame is a television show where he hawked snake oil to the masses...oh, who am I kidding, you'd vote for anyone who wasn't a Democrat.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
You're right on a national level... this year anyhow.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: But, again, if you prefer someone from out of state who's claim to fame is a television show where he hawked snake oil to the masses...oh, who am I kidding, you'd vote for anyone who wasn't a Democrat.

This is an interesting accusation as you're easily as hyper-partisan in the opposite direction.
Reply/Quote
I think it has to be a sign of desperation for Fetterman to have agreed to this debate. If he's comfortably cruising to victory there's zero chance his campaign puts him on that stage. Obviously if you're a Republican or Democrat you already know who you're voting for, but I can't see a swing voter watching that debate and coming out of it thinking about voting for Fetterman. I'm sure some will, but the percentage has got to favor Oz by quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:31 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is an interesting accusation as you're easily as hyper-partisan in the opposite direction.

What's the over under on how many Republicans GM Dino is voting for ?  LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think it has to be a sign of desperation for Fetterman to have agreed to this debate.  If he's comfortably cruising to victory there's zero chance his campaign puts him on that stage.  Obviously if you're a Republican or Democrat you already know who you're voting for, but I can't see a swing voter watching that debate and coming out of it thinking about voting for Fetterman.  I'm sure some will, but the percentage has got to favor Oz by quite a bit.

I don't think Fetterman was in a spot where he could refuse to debate as it would have been taken as a sign that he's not physically up to the job in question.  He pretty much had to do it, for good or ill.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:35 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: What's the over under on how many Republicans GM Dino is voting for ?  LOL

Varies from year to year and race to race.

I voted for GW the first time.  I voted for McCain.

I voted R locally when I know the person and how they are in office.

Nonetheless I was right about your voting this year, and how you are willing to ignore policies and persons just to vote R.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think Fetterman was in a spot where he could refuse to debate as it would have been taken as a sign that he's not physically up to the job in question.  He pretty much had to do it, for good or ill.

Yep.  And I didn't watch anymore than I watch any debate.

It didn't matter because they've both made their stances fairly clear before this.
Reply/Quote
Fetterman has raised over $1 million since last night. Oz lost the support of a bunch of suburban woman with his ridiculous answer to the abortion question. The woman, her doctor, and local politicians get to decide her Healthcare.
He had a squandered opportunity to show he was a doctor with empathy when at his closing statement he didn't say " there are dozens of reasons to vote for me over John Fetterman (list political differences). His current speech difficulties as he recovers from a stroke isn't one of them.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think Fetterman was in a spot where he could refuse to debate as it would have been taken as a sign that he's not physically up to the job in question.  He pretty much had to do it, for good or ill.

Probably best to leave everyone wondering then to walk out and show it in front of everyone.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 02:52 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Probably best to leave everyone wondering then to walk out and show it in front of everyone.

Meh, I disagree.  In Fetterman's case he's expected to be the more open and genuine of the two candidates, so I don't think he could have just said "I don't want to debate, I'm the healthiest person there is" and played the "nothing to prove" card.

I'm not saying the debate is going to help him, I just don't think he would have been able to convince people he was avoiding the debate for a good reason.  

But again, he is like Walker in the sense that he can let his opponent use fancy words and articulate speech to talk about stuff you don't want, so there you have it.  Maybe Oz wins, maybe Oz going on TV and perfectly articulating that he has a calculated and slick plan to push a pro-life agenda in a blue state hurts his chances. Time will tell. 

The way I see it is that Fetterman is the Lt Governor to the popular Tom Wolf.  He's the George HW Bush to his Ronald Regan.  He's less popular, but he's a known commodity...the question is if Oz is Michael Dukakis or Bill Clinton, here.
Reply/Quote
I know this thread is about Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker and their "faults".

How about the faults of the Democrat candidates themselves?

I think Warnock and Fetterman have lots of skeletons in their closets that the media outside of Fox are talking about.

Boy, I wish someday in my life again the media can call the positives/negatives for each candidate/party. Hmm

I guess this Independent is asking for too much. Watch the bias replies will start soon. Nervous
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 06:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I know this thread is about Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker and their "faults".

I think Warnock and Fetterman have lots of skeletons in their closets that the media outside of Fox are talking about.

Boy, I wish someday in my life again the media can call the positives/negatives for each candidate/party.  Hmm

I guess this Independent is asking for too much. Watch the bias replies will start soon. Nervous

Fetterman and Warnock are both at risk of losing to candidates with zero political experience who have openly admitted to doing amoral and/or criminal things and they are both endorsed by Trump, who won neither state...I think that says plenty about their weaknesses.

This thread is 50+ posts that generally focus on why Oz and Walker shouldn't win, but they both can win, which is the most damning recognition of the weaknesses of Fetterman and Warnock of all, isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 06:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I know this thread is about Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker and their "faults".

Boy, I wish someday in my life again the media can call the positives/negatives for each candidate/party.  Hmm

Herschel Walker is a particularly stupid and immoral person. In ways that are unmatched. It's tough to call any democratic candidate equally moronic or equally fraught by personal history just for the sake of balance.
Dr. Oz was a snake oil salesman that on mulitiple occasions gave out at least questionable medical tips with the authority of being a doctor. Imho also a morally quite questionable person.

But of course anyone's free to share democrat's faults. I doubt I could reasonably believe they are on the same level though. But I might just not know. I think your point would be better served if you would expand on this skeletion part. As of now, the appearance to me would be that you merely call policy positions you don't like skeletons.
Reply/Quote

Hobbs in AZ is doing it, knowing that Lake, who is far more polished both speaking in public and on TV, would annihilate her.  Nor is she the only Dem, or GOP'er, refusing to debate.  So, Fetterman's team either thought he'd do better than he did, which isn't likely considering how they took great pains to lower expectations, or they thought not doing it would be more damaging, which means they know the race is close, or they're likely to lose.  Fetterman wasn't great at debates before his stroke so, again, I think the first option is highly unlikely.

The debate performance coupled with a refusal to release his medical records is going to cost him this election.  Like I said earlier, if you're undecided going into that debate (and no one who is fired about abortion is undecided) I can't see anyway you come away from watching it planning to vote for Fetterman.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 06:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hobbs in AZ is doing it, knowing that Lake, who is far more polished both speaking in public and on TV, would annihilate her.  Nor is she the only Dem, or GOP'er, refusing to debate.  So, Fetterman's team either thought he'd do better than he did, which isn't likely considering how they took great pains to lower expectations, or they thought not doing it would be more damaging, which means they know the race is close, or they're likely to lose.  Fetterman wasn't great at debates before his stroke so, again, I think the first option is highly unlikely.

The debate performance coupled with a refusal to release his medical records is going to cost him this election.  Like I said earlier, if you're undecided going into that debate (and no one who is fired about abortion is undecided) I can't see anyway you come away from watching it planning to vote for Fetterman.

I didn't say Fetterman was going to win or that the debate helped him, I just don't think he was in a position where he would have done better by refusing to debate.  I think given his nature and image and medical questions that him refusing to debate would have been as bad or worse as where things stand now.

Hobbs can say that she's not going to give her opponent TV time to push conspiracy theories, that has some merit.  What can Fetterman say?  His refusal to participate would just be confirmation that he's not fit for the office.

But yeah, he may be in a no-win situation here which is why he did the debate in the first place, or maybe he's hoping Oz's history as a polished and well-spoken parasite with a Trump-template agenda turn off the undecided when they tuned in.

I'm not betting on Fetterman, but I can see why he did the debate.  How would you spin it to the undecided if you are on Fetterman's team and he declined to debate?

Oh, and I will say Oz winning seems pretty meh as he's a calculated type but Walker being a senator with his history of violence and utter insanity could be pretty damn interesting, I'll admit.
Reply/Quote