Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oz and Walker
(10-26-2022, 06:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I know this thread is about Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker and their "faults".

How about the faults of the Democrat candidates themselves?

I think Warnock and Fetterman have lots of skeletons in their closets that the media outside of Fox are talking about.

Boy, I wish someday in my life again the media can call the positives/negatives for each candidate/party.  Hmm

I guess this Independent is asking for too much. Watch the bias replies will start soon. Nervous

I did not realize that posting here made us members of the media!

Back in the game baby!   Cool

Ninja

All seriousness aside feel free to list their faults and then compare the two in both races, because I don't know anyone who thinks Fetterman is a perfect candidate or agrees with him 100%.  Not sure about Warnock as I'm not in GA.  I did here he had a "scandal" in his past. Maybe there is more?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 06:10 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I know this thread is about Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker and their "faults".

How about the faults of the Democrat candidates themselves?

I think Warnock and Fetterman have lots of skeletons in their closets that the media outside of Fox are talking about.

Boy, I wish someday in my life again the media can call the positives/negatives for each candidate/party.  Hmm

I guess this Independent is asking for too much. Watch the bias replies will start soon. Nervous

Ah whataboutism.

Feel free to dig some of those skeletons out and start a topic about them.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 11:23 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: How any responsible adult could watch that debacle & honestly believe that Fetterman is a better candidate for office than Oz is flat out bewildering to me.

I'll take a good person trying to do good who has a health issue than an evil person trying to do evil in perfect health.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 07:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I didn't say Fetterman was going to win or that the debate helped him, I just don't think he was in a position where he would have done better by refusing to debate.  I think given his nature and image and medical questions that him refusing to debate would have been as bad or worse as where things stand now.

As NC said earlier, better to have people think it might be true than to confirm it for them.

Quote:Hobbs can say that she's not going to give her opponent TV time to push conspiracy theories, that has some merit.  What can Fetterman say?  His refusal to participate would just be confirmation that he's not fit for the office.

You make a reasonable point here.  Oz, for his undesirable qualities, is not an election denier and is much harder to paint as an extremist.

Quote:But yeah, he may be in a no-win situation here which is why he did the debate in the first place, or maybe he's hoping Oz's history as a polished and well-spoken parasite with a Trump-template agenda turn off the undecided when they tuned in.

I'm not betting on Fetterman, but I can see why he did the debate.  How would you spin it to the undecided if you are on Fetterman's team and he declined to debate?

I would think some variety of what you just said here.  But I, again, concede the case is harder to make for Oz than Lake.

Quote:Oh, and I will say Oz winning seems pretty meh as he's a calculated type but Walker being a senator with his history of violence and utter insanity could be pretty damn interesting, I'll admit.

Yeah, as much as I dislike Warnock and his anti-law enforcement bullshit I'd have a hard time pinching my nose and voting for Walker.  If I lived in GA I don't think I'd vote for either of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 08:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As NC said earlier, better to have people think it might be true than to confirm it for them.

I get this, but I can also see a mindset where (marketing BS hat on) Fetterman has been painting himself as the "of the people" candidate, and part of being of the people is showing up and doing what you are expected to do even though you aren't feeling up to par and you aren't going to come off as sparklingly practiced and rehearsed as your opponent.  Ultra spin?  Any working class schmo REAL AMERICAN who has had to get up and work through illness when he'd rather stay home and sleep it off should relate to Fetterman GUTTING IT OUT.

People say they want honesty in politicians, so Fetterman showed up and maybe looked worse than he would have if he had a mansion in NJ to hide in.  Maybe Nixon should have refused to debate JFK on television....lordy, we've been in the TV debate era for over 60 years and it's still catching people off-guard.

Or maybe he should have stayed home and did more social media shitposting about Oz.  Wait, is Fetterman more of a Trump candidate than Oz is?  The guy can post a good shit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 06:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fetterman and Warnock are both at risk of losing to candidates with zero political experience who have openly admitted to doing amoral and/or criminal things and they are both endorsed by Trump, who won neither state...I think that says plenty about their weaknesses.

This thread is 50+ posts that generally focus on why Oz and Walker shouldn't win, but they both can win, which is the most damning recognition of the weaknesses of Fetterman and Warnock of all, isn't it?

Oh, Fetterman and Warnock have multiple weaknesses each, you just won't hear it from the biased media. 

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 09:48 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Oh, Fetterman and Warnock have multiple weaknesses each, you just won't hear it from the biased media. 

Again, I'm not saying they don't have flaws, but no reasonable person should take Tucker Carlson seriously, so says Fox News.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 12:22 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Honest answer...

In this election cycle I would vote for almost anyone before I would vote for a Dem. on a national level.  I firmly believe that after the last 2 years messages have to be sent for a course correction.

There you go...flame away.

I don't want to flame. I just want to understand.

Trump tried to overthrow the government. He will be the GOP front runner if he runs for president.

How many R politicians running now require his endorsement, and seek it--and will seek to keep it once in office?

How many GOP state parties have devised ways to jam and contest voting, to place the running of 
elections under control of election deniers, and passed laws which could throw election to the
state legislature if voters produce the "wrong" outcome? 

Honest question: why do you think this anti-democratic trend is NOT the course that needs correction? 

'nuther question: what "wrong course" could possibly trump the danger posed by the continued growth of authoritarian politics? 

Your course correction, if successful, would have what consequences for democracy?  What goal would it achieve, as
House business degenerates into repeated calls for Biden/Garland impeachment and the prosecution of Pelosi and
Schiff in a Benghazi style vengeance tour? 
Reply/Quote
Random observation I did see some online claim Oz was bullying Fetterman but to be honest he was relatively respectful of the guy considering he could have jumped on him on several of his responses like not paying taxes (unrelated response), fracking (no real response) etc. he only really went over him for rebuttals.

I couldn’t imagine how someone like Trump would have treated him in a debate.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 11:08 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Random observation I did see some online claim Oz was bullying Fetterman but to be honest he was relatively respectful of the guy considering he could have jumped on him on several of his responses like not paying taxes (unrelated response), fracking (no real response) etc. he only really went over him for rebuttals.

I couldn’t imagine how someone like Trump would have treated him in a debate.

Doesn't Trump pretty much treat everyone the same in a debate?  We saw how he debated/interacted with Ted Cruz, Mitch McConnel, Hillary and Biden where he calls them extremists, mocks their family and/or suggests they are involved in criminal activity.

No need to bring up policy, because Fetterman is a stuttering stroke-addled leftwing criminal loving nut with an ugly wife from a shithole country and parents who people say, a lot of people say should be investigated for some of their financial irregularities.  

Damn, I'm thinking I could run for president now.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 11:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Doesn't Trump pretty much treat everyone the same in a debate?  We saw how he debated/interacted with Ted Cruz, Mitch McConnel, Hillary and Biden where he calls them extremists, mocks their family and/or suggests they are involved in criminal activity.

No need to bring up policy, because Fetterman is a stuttering stroke-addled leftwing criminal loving nut with an ugly wife from a shithole country and parents who people say, a lot of people say should be investigated for some of their financial irregularities.  

Damn, I'm thinking I could run for president now.

Well I was more interested in the fact that Oz let the guy speak and didn't challenge him on the times he spoke gobbledygook unrelated to the question being asked.

Yes Trump is aggressive during his debates which is what I was comparing Oz to. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 09:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, I'm not saying they don't have flaws, but no reasonable person should take Tucker Carlson seriously, so says Fox News.

I expected this, the old attack the messenger and not the message. 

Is the Reverend's "ex-wife", [pretty sure God via the Bible is against Divorce for men of the cloth] a member of Fox News?
Again, let me repeat slowly,  the "Reverand's ex-wife" does not work for Fox News. Of course, you won't see the clip of the "Reverend's on CNN or MSNBC.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 08:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Ah whataboutism.

Feel free to dig some of those skeletons out and start a topic about them.

So asking about fair and balanced facts with the media is whataboutism???

If and when I have time I will have a thread about the Democrat skeletons.
But don't hold your breath, I have a busy schedule in my life to do a research on this.
If you think the history of Fetterman and Walker are 100% positive and the history of Dr. OZ and Hershel Walker are 100% negative, then why waste my time. Off the top of my head Fetterman flip flopped on oil flaking, pointed a gun and held a black jogger hostage, crippled a town he was Mayor of. And the "Reverand" divorcing his wife and domestic abuse against his wife, child support as well issues with rental problems with tenants is not Biblical correct.  

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:43 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I expected this, the old attack the messenger and not the message. 

Is the Reverend's "ex-wife", [pretty sure God via the Bible is against Divorce for men of the cloth] a member of Fox News?
Again, let me repeat slowly,  the "Reverand's ex-wife" does not work for Fox News. Of course, you won't see the clip of the "Reverend's on CNN or MSNBC.

Yeah I won't see them since there's no evidence this whole "hit his wife with a car" incident ever occurred.

The wife claimed he drove over her foot on purpose, something that is quite hard to accomplish really, but no signs of this ever occurring were found, no files were charged, it's just an allegation with a glaring absence of proof. A police report doesn't mention any proof, and even medical personnel found no sign of any injury on the wife's foot. So, what's the story here. Why would any serious news station report about this?

And that he's divorced... well, that's not news worthy either. It's private and it's not a misconduct. Whoever cares about that really can not be content to pick serial adulterer Walker instead over this. And most stories about him, including his paying for an abortion for an affair of his, are actually backed up by evidence.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 09:48 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Oh, Fetterman and Warnock have multiple weaknesses each, you just won't hear it from the biased media. 

Did you just say 'not the biased media' and then post a Tucker Carlson clip?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 04:43 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I expected this, the old attack the messenger and not the message. 

You did pick one of the least reputable sources in Tucker,, and it is an "exclusive" so the rest won't have it yet. Right?

But let's get to the "message".

He said, she said.  He wasn't charged, the hospital found nothing wrong with her foot.

I mean, that has the potential to be bad.  Maybe he's a serial abuser?  Maybe that's what she meant when she said she's kept his "behavior and how he is" under wraps?

Until she says more we have this one incident.

So, again, he's not perfect...but he's still better than his opponent and his opponents flaws.

And to me that is the question: If they each have flaws, skeletons, etc which one is the better candidate. Pretty easy choice here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 05:31 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah I won't see them since there's no evidence this whole "hit his wife with a car" incident ever occurred.

The wife claimed he drove over her foot on purpose, something that is quite hard to accomplish really, but no signs of this ever occurring were found, no files were charged, it's just an allegation with a glaring absence of proof. A police report doesn't mention any proof, and even medical personnel found no sign of any injury on the wife's foot. So, what's the story here. Why would any serious news station report about this?

And that he's divorced... well, that's not news worthy either. It's private and it's not a misconduct. Whoever cares about that really can not be content to pick serial adulterer Walker instead over this. And most stories about him, including his paying for an abortion for an affair of his, are actually backed up by evidence.

So are you saying the ex-wife called a false alarm to the police? Whether it is true or not it is news worthy as with Russian Misinformation is news worthy whether it is false or not, right? 

I am not sure whether you are in the Faith in the Word or not, but unlike you or me a man of the cloth are prohibited from getting a divorce and then continue Preaching.  Only one Preacher was ever perfect and that would be Jesus Christ, however to be a Preacher and stay a Preacher you have to live a good life and NOT have a divorce and continue Preaching to the members of your Church demanding that they don't divorce, because if you do you are committing adultery. 

As for as other issues against Reverend Warnock.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/georgia/nonprofit-cries-foul-over-warnocks-georgia-churchs-eviction-policies-at-apartments-it-owns/article_6e20b6e4-4bf5-11ed-94e7-3778e039e0cb.html 

Before you retort. 
My involving myself in this thread is that each candidate/party have their pro's and con's.
This thread is 100% con Dr. Oz and Hershel Walker.

I am an Independent voter that likes to know the pros/cons of each candidate before I vote. No one candidate is 100% good, no one candidate is 100% bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 11:03 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Only one Preacher was ever perfect and that would be Jesus Christ, however to be a Preacher and stay a Preacher you have to live a good life and NOT have a divorce and continue Preaching to the members of your Church demanding that they don't divorce, because if you do you are committing adultery. 

Stuff like this reminds me of how many true crime stories or episodes of Forensic Files are based around the idea of a spouse (usually the man) not wanting to have the shame of divorce play out in his social circle so he kills his wife and halfassedly tries to get away with it. 

I swear, I left for work and like...a bunch of mexican guys just showed up and killed my wife and made it so I can now move in with my girlfriend.  Well yeah, it does work out pretty nice for me I guess.  Oh, is that life insurance ready to be collected, by the way?

Anyways, back to senatorial talk.  If this is really what Warnock says then he and Walker both show how full of shit Christians are. 

(10-27-2022, 09:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: You did pick one of the least reputable sources in Tucker,, and it is an "exclusive" so the rest won't have it yet. Right?

*confused face*  What is it about Warnock that has Tucker Carlson so upset?  Why is he trying to hard to convince us that Warnock is a bad person?  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2022, 10:04 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't want to flame. I just want to understand.

Trump tried to overthrow the government. He will be the GOP front runner if he runs for president.

How many R politicians running now require his endorsement, and seek it--and will seek to keep it once in office?

How many GOP state parties have devised ways to jam and contest voting, to place the running of 
elections under control of election deniers, and passed laws which could throw election to the
state legislature if voters produce the "wrong" outcome? 

Honest question: why do you think this anti-democratic trend is NOT the course that needs correction? 

'nuther question: what "wrong course" could possibly trump the danger posed by the continued growth of authoritarian politics? 

Your course correction, if successful, would have what consequences for democracy?  What goal would it achieve, as
House business degenerates into repeated calls for Biden/Garland impeachment and the prosecution of Pelosi and
Schiff in a Benghazi style vengeance tour? 

Not interested in a lengthy debate this morning my friend. Not feeling well today. The only thing I'll add is this.

"We won't get change unless we vote for it"
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2022, 09:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: You did pick one of the least reputable sources in Tucker,, and it is an "exclusive" so the rest won't have it yet. Right?

But let's get to the "message".

He said, she said.  He wasn't charged, the hospital found nothing wrong with her foot.

I mean, that has the potential to be bad.  Maybe he's a serial abuser?  Maybe that's what she meant when she said she's kept his "behavior and how he is" under wraps?

Until she says more we have this one incident.

So, again, he's not perfect...but he's still better than his opponent and his opponents flaws.

And to me that is the question:  If they each have flaws, skeletons, etc which one is the better candidate.  Pretty easy choice here.

Exclusive because the information is from a Police CAM right? 
Reply/Quote