Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
P. Alexander Comment
This guy is not good at the job in which he is employed. He should personally feel bad and so should his children.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:33 PM)Burma Wrote: It's impossible to know who to be irritated with, honestly.  Is Paul handcuffed, by his bosses, in who he plays? Or is he the one responsible for playing guys that are failing.  I don't think I have ever heard who makes the calls on these things.  It's not your typical organizational structure.  Until I know for certain I will just have to maintain a general testiness and willingness to reassign blame as new facts arise.  Having said that, I wholly expect to engage in wanton and random accusations of incompetence, which are wildly satisfying in these times of uncertainty. Smirk

I would love to know who is calling these shots. PA has been with Mikey for a long time and is listed as the asst. HC. And I'd guess he carries a good bit of weight on who's playing etc. He, I'm pretty sure has been a large player in FU's like Roland, Gutcheck, and others in the past. And now has the projects of Bodine, Ogbuehi, and Fisher.

I don't believe for a second PA is free from guilt here.

(12-07-2016, 11:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The interesting part of this interview that you must have missed was the point where Paul Alexander states something to the effect of "I am surprised it took as long as it did", in relation to Ogbuehi's benching.  

Wow.  That took balls.  He just called out the head coach.  And who is it again that is on the hot seat?

Honestly, I don't think Marvin is going anywhere.  It isn't what I want, but the realist in me (ha, and a Bengal's fan that still holds out hope for a playoff entry) says that without back to back poor seasons, he won't be fired.

He will be given one more year.  If they don't make the playoffs next year, he would be let go since his contract would be up.

No I didn't hear that part. But I don't buy for a second that PA is guilt free in this SNAFU.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 01:24 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would love to know who is calling these shots. PA has been with Mikey for a long time and is listed as the asst. HC. And I'd guess he carries a good bit of weight on who's playing etc. He, I'm pretty sure has been a large player in FU's like Roland, Gutcheck, and others in the past. And now has the projects of Bodine, Ogbuehi, and Fisher.

I don't believe for a second PA is free from guilt here.

No I didn't hear that part. But I don't buy for a second that PA is guilt free in this SNAFU.

Ha. Yea right. Dude is the best OL coach ever. And he plays soothing tunes on his piano Mike Brown can fall asleep to.

If he was here in the 90s, is still here , and has had a handful of good offensive linemen. Why not keep him?

No brainer.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not necessarily.  He is definitely better on the left side, which he excelled at in college.  I don't know that he ever played on the right side prior to coming here.  In my mind he was drafted to be the LT of the future, but they wanted to get him on the field.

You obviously didn't watch him in college  he played 2 years at guard where he was okay   switched to right  tackle his junior year. his senior year switched to left tackle  he was doing so shitty he got switched to right tackle n then he got hurt .  he was never good at left tackle in college . gave up the most sacks in SEC that year . he Sucked then n blows now .  has body of Left tackle but plays like Jane .
Reply/Quote
Are you kidding? Mike's not letting go of his piano player. Alexander plays all of the Brown family parties,,,for free, of course. It's those kinds of intangibles Mike Brown looks for in players and coaches. How much can he get out of them for as little as possible?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 03:10 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: You obviously didn't watch him in college  he played 2 years at guard where he was okay   switched to right  tackle his junior year. his senior year switched to left tackle  he was doing so shitty he got switched to right tackle n then he got hurt .  he was never good at left tackle in college . gave up the most sacks in SEC that year . he Sucked then n blows now .  has body of Left tackle but plays like Jane .

so a guy who recieved first team all America honors sucked in college?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:54 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Ok then so question, shouldn't he receive the same amount of blame for trotting out TJ Clemmings every week, despite him being easily the worst LT in all of football? He's getting his QBs killed but he still starts every week. The answer to this is just that sometimes your hands ARE tied. Ogbeuhi is terrible. That much is true. But Winston is equally terrible. Winston has given up 2 strip sacks. He has caused Andy a ton of pressure too. However having Ced out there gives you much more upside with his athleticism and youth. While it obviously didn't work out, it's hard to say the coaches are left with many other options. If Fisher were showing better signs in practice then he would have been out there often. It sucks, it was a bad pick, but they are working with what they have.

Fisher and Winston don't just quit.....that's the difference.  The offense looks better every single time Cedric has been taken out.  It's obvious.  That's piss poor coaching....no other way about it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 04:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: so a guy who recieved first team all America honors sucked in college?

If I'm not mistaken.....didn't he get that honor only one year from his play at G?

EDIT: I was mistaken....he was awarded 3rd team honors at RT....even though he allowed 7 sacks. Musta been a rough year for RTs!

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 12:18 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Nope.  

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cedric-ogbuehi?id=2552355

It says right there in your article he played G in 2012.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 04:35 AM)Jpoore Wrote: so a guy who recieved first team all America honors sucked in college?

He never received first team honors at right tackle or left tackle   he received lots of hype playing along side Matthew's n the other first round bust at Texas AM.  Giving up 7 sacks in one year at college isn't very good last time I checked  .  he struggled at left tackle so they moved him over to right last 3 games of the year.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 09:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: On the way home from work I was listening to WLW, Lapham's Bengals weekly or whatever. He was interviewing the piano man about Ogbuehi. I didn't get to hear it all, radio faded out for a second. I'm assuming the question was something to the effect of  why did you pull him out during the Ravens game or whenever.

This quote I heard clear, Alexander says " we don't care if you're having a bad day, we're trying to win a football game here".

What a coaching genius, it only took 11 games to figure out Ogbuehi was hurting their chances of winning games !

Then Lapham asks Alexander how Ogbuehi took it ? Piano Man says "well I didn't take him a box of kleenex's  or nothing".

Like he's all hard and a get it done or get out coach. LMAO, what a clueless, incompetent, fool.

I read the article and to be honest was at least pleased to see Alexander be open about the situation...even if it is a bit worrying when the OL coach himself says 'he does not know' to a couple of questions regarding Ced & Fisher's position.

When Guenther called out the defense a while back there was broadly approval from the boards...this seems to be be coming from a similar place.  Based on the last few weeks the Defense responded , hopefully the O Line will do the same.

The one thing I still cannot reconcile with Ced is why he was the pick in Rd1 -  the injury in 2015, the sacks given up in 2014 playing OT. Its not the kids fault he was picked where he was, or that we then went back in Rd2 and picked Fisher, so whoever led those decisions has to take some of the heat...
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 06:39 AM)sonofstat Wrote: I read the article and to be honest was at least pleased to see Alexander be open about the situation...even if it is a bit worrying when the OL coach himself says 'he does not know' to a couple of questions regarding Ced & Fisher's position.

When Guenther called out the defense a while back there was broadly approval from the boards...this seems to be be coming from a similar place.  Based on the last few weeks the Defense responded , hopefully the O Line will do the same.

The one thing I still cannot reconcile with Ced is why he was the pick in Rd1 -  the injury in 2015, the sacks given up in 2014 playing OT. Its not the kids fault he was picked where he was, or that we then went back in Rd2 and picked Fisher, so whoever led those decisions has to take some of the heat...

....and according to what I've read, Piano Man lobbied hard for that pick.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 04:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: It says right there in your article he played G in 2012.

I don't dispute that he played G.  I thought the convo was that he moved from G to LT.  But he spent a year, after G, at RT 1st.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 10:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: ....and according to what I've read, Piano Man lobbied hard for that pick.

Wyche, knowing what you know about this franchise and MB, and when you get articles written like this;

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/6/9/11889966/paul-alexander-gaining-recognition-among-best-offensive-line-coaches

Does your gut say the same to you as it does to me, and that this guy isn't going anywhere?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 10:33 PM)Burma Wrote: It's impossible to know who to be irritated with, honestly.  Is Paul handcuffed, by his bosses, in who he plays? Or is he the one responsible for playing guys that are failing.  I don't think I have ever heard who makes the calls on these things.  It's not your typical organizational structure.  Until I know for certain I will just have to maintain a general testiness and willingness to reassign blame as new facts arise.  Having said that, I wholly expect to engage in wanton and random accusations of incompetence, which are wildly satisfying in these times of uncertainty. Smirk

It is madness to sit first and second round draft picks for two years.

Is it my imagination or is Dennard starting to look like a good player after he has finally gotten some playing time this year. I recall a couple of wicked tackles by him last week.

I think one of Marvin weaknesses is he has patterns that he cannot get out of- like sitting high draft picks because he does not trust rookies

How many games have we lost this year because of Og, Bodine, Nugent, and awful coverage on tight ends- three of these four have all been issues for years.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 10:40 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Is it my imagination or is Dennard starting to look like a good player after he has finally gotten some playing time this year. I recall a couple of wicked tackles by him last week.

I agree with this.  I think his issues were/are injuries.  I think he was held back not only by Lewis but by the injuries.  Now that he's needed and has the opportunity for more snaps, I see improvement and I think he will be a good DB.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 10:30 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Wyche, knowing what you know about this franchise and MB, and when you get articles written like this;

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/6/9/11889966/paul-alexander-gaining-recognition-among-best-offensive-line-coaches

Does your gut say the same to you as it does to me, and that this guy isn't going anywhere?

Yeah, unfortunately, it does.  I have said it, as have others, that Andy Dalton being able to get the ball out quicker than anyone not named Tom Brady has masked a lot of the line's inadequacies.....we see the rushing numbers, and they're doo doo.  Unfortunately, he is getting the credit for that it appears.  The eye test doesn't lie though, Bodine consistently gets pushed back into the QBs lap against 3-4s, gets the yips on snaps, and Ogbuehi has been abysmal to put it lightly.  These are hand picked players by him, and he can't coach them out of their shortcomings?  Guru my ass......

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 10:30 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I don't dispute that he played G.  I thought the convo was that he moved from G to LT.  But he spent a year, after G, at RT 1st.

.....ah, gotcha....I was reading it that he started at G then moved to T....without considering the sides.  My mistake. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 11:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not necessarily.  He is definitely better on the left side, which he excelled at in college.  I don't know that he ever played on the right side prior to coming here.  In my mind he was drafted to be the LT of the future, but they wanted to get him on the field.

Reminds me of how Zoolander can't turn left.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2016, 09:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: On the way home from work I was listening to WLW, Lapham's Bengals weekly or whatever. He was interviewing the piano man about Ogbuehi. I didn't get to hear it all, radio faded out for a second. I'm assuming the question was something to the effect of  why did you pull him out during the Ravens game or whenever.

This quote I heard clear, Alexander says " we don't care if you're having a bad day, we're trying to win a football game here".

What a coaching genius, it only took 11 games to figure out Ogbuehi was hurting their chances of winning games !

Then Lapham asks Alexander how Ogbuehi took it ? Piano Man says "well I didn't take him a box of kleenex's  or nothing".

Like he's all hard and a get it done or get out coach. LMAO, what a clueless, incompetent, fool.

did you fail to mention he was surprised it took marvin so long to bench Cedric?
Reply/Quote