Poll: Who shall be the moderator of the future P&R Subforum?
Belsnickle (Formerly RythmicGeek and CigarMatt)
Write-in Candidate.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P&R Moderator Discussion
The figurative white smoke rises from the figurative chimney as the masses chant for Belsnickle in the figurative Klotsch square.

Will he answer the call? Or will he pull a George Washington and refuse to assume the mantle of the King of P&R?

OK, that was a little over-the-top, but whatever. We're here to find a moderator for P&R. I figure this is a good place to discuss possible candidates, and for all of those interested in the P&R forum to outline the duties/responsibilities/powers of our future moderator.
Reply/Quote
I think Matt/belsnickle(?) is a strong candidate. In fact, he is a top choice in my book. However as you or maybe someone else pointed out, he is active in PnR, as such may not be a good candidate if that's the criteria we are gonna use.

I think first thing we need to do is decide the criteria.

Should a PnR moderator be allowed to regularly post in the forum?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I understand the argument for it not being an active poster, but, as I said, Matt is universally respected. He is level-headed and rational. He understands both sides of the issue and doesn't judge others.

Despite him posting, he would be the best choice. He has enough integrity to hold this position and post simultaneously.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On a side note: based on the reasoning I have read, it is clear that I may be the only qualified person to serve as a moderator for Jungle Noise as I am incapable of posting there as a Ravens fan.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 03:51 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I think Matt/belsnickle(?) is a strong candidate. In fact, he is a top choice in my book. However as you or maybe someone else pointed out, he is active in PnR, as such may not be a good candidate if that's the criteria we are gonna use.

I believe the same.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 03:51 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I think Matt/belsnickle(?) is a strong candidate. In fact, he is a top choice in my book. However as you or maybe someone else pointed out, he is active in PnR, as such may not be a good candidate if that's the criteria we are gonna use.

I am not as concerned with who moderates. We don't need anyone in there with an agenda or deciding what's an acceptable topic.

Outside of swearing and personal attacks.....What else needs moderated?

This is one of those boards where really any topic can be legitimate.
Reply/Quote
Matt or Benton would be excellent choices, IMO. In a world of rainbows and unicorns, it could be unmoderated, but in the real world, these topics can cause some pretty heated debates and an unmoderated forum could cause some large issues. I just look forward to getting these topics going.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 03:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: On a side note: based on the reasoning I have read, it is clear that I may be the only qualified person to serve as a moderator for Jungle Noise as I am incapable of posting there as a Ravens fan.

I think I should moderate Jungle Noise because I am incapable of posting there because I am sane. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

(05-13-2015, 03:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I understand the argument for it not being an active poster, but, as I said, Matt is universally respected. He is level-headed and rational. He understands both sides of the issue and doesn't judge others.

Despite him posting, he would be the best choice. He has enough integrity to hold this position and post simultaneously.

This argument didn't stop Joe from Flo from moderating the old smack forum. However, seeing as he severely abused his position there I may not be making a strong argument. Even so, Matt is the kind of guy who I don't see abusing his position. He never lost his cool in P&R, he was always respectful and he never got personal with anyone even if they were getting personal with him. I think he'd be a great choice.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 09:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This argument didn't stop Joe from Flo from moderating the old smack forum.  However, seeing as he severely abused his position there I may not be making a strong argument.  Even so, Matt is the kind of guy who I don't see abusing his position.  He never lost his cool in P&R, he was always respectful and he never got personal with anyone even if they were getting personal with him.  I think he'd be a great choice.

Shrewd assessment above.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Watch this all be made moot by Matt not wanting to do such a thankless job LOL

The wait continues...
Reply/Quote
I can't as a Packer fan lol.
Reply/Quote
All good suggestions.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 12:18 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I can't as a Packer fan lol.

Pretty sure you're more of a Bengals fan than Packers fan, lol Wink

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 09:51 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This argument didn't stop Joe from Flo from moderating the old smack forum.  However, seeing as he severely abused his position there I may not be making a strong argument.  Even so, Matt is the kind of guy who I don't see abusing his position.  He never lost his cool in P&R, he was always respectful and he never got personal with anyone even if they were getting personal with him.  I think he'd be a great choice.

Yea, Joe from Flo predates my time in P&R. I only really knew him from the emoji.

Reply/Quote
So I haven't seen Matt around. He appears to be the top choice. Does anyone know if he's accepted?
If not him, who is the next nominee?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 09:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Pretty sure you're more of a Bengals fan than Packers fan, lol Wink

Bengals are my 2nd team. The only teams I hate are the Seahawks, Lions, Vikings, Bears, Cowboys, 49ers and Patriots. That's it.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 08:13 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote:  In a world of rainbows and unicorns, it could be unmoderated, but in the real world, these topics can cause some pretty heated debates and an unmoderated forum could cause some large issues.  I just look forward to getting these topics going.

If you can not post in PnR without keeping your composure then that's not the forum for you. (Before you take it personal.... I'm talking about anyone)

That was the only issue on the last board was the lack of ability stay civil and composed. In the end that just wastes everyone's time because of lack of maturity
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 10:43 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: So I haven't seen Matt around. He appears to be the top choice. Does anyone know if he's accepted?
If not him, who is the next nominee?

If he is your guy's choice, then maybe message him here or on the other board. If he accepts, then he can just PM and let me know. If he doesn't accept, then there needs to be a second option agreed on. Once that's done, I will put the sub-forum up.
Reply/Quote
So I come back to find this thread. I have to say, I am flattered and humbled. We had a lightning storm Monday night here and it hit my apartment building and fried my router, so I had been without internet at home until just about 10 minutes ago when I got that fixed (I took the day off because, well, no students means not much to do for me).

It seems the people have spoken and would like me to moderate. I will gladly do the job the best I can. I know there are concerns about me being a regular poster in the forum, but that shouldn't be an issue. As I've stated before, the moderation of P&R is a delicate thing. It's a place for divisive topics and so things can get heated. I don't ever think less of those on the opposing sides of my arguments and I value to forum as a place to speak freely about the opinions of current events.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote