Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
P&R News
I'm going to be spending a lot of time here over the next couple of weeks...monitoring members, interactions and adherence to the CoC...and making determinations from there about how to deal with P&R going forward.
Reply/Quote
You have been known to be an ambassador of fun.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Good. Because it's been a cesspool for a long long time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This will be a welcome change. Thanks Holic.
Reply/Quote
I have no issue with you monitoring this forum. I do hope you don't penalize anyone for exercising the right to exercise one's political opinion. We live in a deeply divided country politically, this forum proves it.

The rules should be followed including not allowing posters to not stay on topic of the original post. This causes threads to go off the rails quickly.

I believe I saw something about this forum's posters needs to have thick skin (in other words) and that is true.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have no issue with you monitoring this forum. I do hope you don't penalize anyone for exercising the right to exercise one's political opinion.

Not to get specific or assume what is going to be done, but rights don't really apply to an internet message board, and a private one at that.  For example, I have the right to ask people to rank the Steelers' SB victories in order of awesomeness, but if I post that in Jungle Noise it's going to get moved or (hopefully) deleted.

So while we have the right to our political opinions, a message board that is funded and run by private citizens doesn't have to allow the platform's space for anything and everything.

This actually reminds me of when NFL.com still had a comments section after every article and the ones about the anthem kneeling and/or Kaepernick had the sections closed.  Eventually people just started arguing about that stuff in every comment section, stating that the NFL was limiting their right to free speech by not letting a comments section on an article about Marvin Lewis eating a turkey on rye sandwich turn into a festering argument about politics.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote:  I have the right to ask people to rank the Steelers' SB victories in order of awesomeness,

Okay, since you asked....

1) SB 58
2) SB 13
3) SB 43
4) SB 14
5) SB 10
6) SB 9
7) SB 40

Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to get specific or assume what is going to be done, but rights don't really apply to an internet message board, and a private one at that.  For example, I have the right to ask people to rank the Steelers' SB victories in order of awesomeness, but if I post that in Jungle Noise it's going to get moved or (hopefully) deleted.

So while we have the right to our political opinions, a message board that is funded and run by private citizens doesn't have to allow the platform's space for anything and everything.

This actually reminds me of when NFL.com still had a comments section after every article and the ones about the anthem kneeling and/or Kaepernick had the sections closed.  Eventually people just started arguing about that stuff in every comment section, stating that the NFL was limiting their right to free speech by not letting a comments section on an article about Marvin Lewis eating a turkey on rye sandwich turn into a festering argument about politics.

This would be a great point if we did not specific rules in our COC. I hope our mods don't choose to make up not posted rules as we go. I don't think they will.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:54 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Okay, since you asked....

1) SB 58
2) SB 13
3) SB 43
4) SB 14
5) SB 10
6) SB 9
7) SB 40

Wink

You jerk!  I was going to use ranking the 1978 KISS solo albums as an example, but I figured I'd keep it football related.  I regret giving you the opening, sir.  That's what she said.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You jerk!  I was going to use ranking the 1978 KISS solo albums as an example, but I figured I'd keep it football related.  I regret giving you the opening, sir.  That's what she said.

You should've said Browns, oh wait.....
Reply/Quote
Going forward, please post all threads specifically relating to Biden, Trump or their family members in the 'All Things Biden & Trump' section. 

Also, remember that starting multiple threads concerning similar topics is considered spamming. If a subject is similar enough to one that already has an active thread, just post it there.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have no issue with you monitoring this forum. I do hope you don't penalize anyone for exercising the right to exercise one's political opinion. We live in a deeply divided country politically, this forum proves it.

The rules should be followed including not allowing posters to not stay on topic of the original post. This causes threads to go off the rails quickly.

I believe I saw something about this forum's posters needs to have thick skin (in other words) and that is true.

Everyone is allowed to express their opinions. The issue is when expressing that opinion turns juvenile, dishonest, inflammatory, etc. For those that want to talk politics that way, Twitter and Facebook would be better options. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 01:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Everyone is allowed to express their opinions. The issue is when expressing that opinion turns juvenile, dishonest, inflammatory, etc. For those that want to talk politics that way, Twitter and Facebook would be better options. 

Clapping You've probably got the support of the majority of the forum on this.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 10:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to get specific or assume what is going to be done, but rights don't really apply to an internet message board, and a private one at that.  For example, I have the right to ask people to rank the Steelers' SB victories in order of awesomeness, but if I post that in Jungle Noise it's going to get moved or (hopefully) deleted.

Correct. Though I'm thankful we have so far been allowed to express and debate opinions as if we had the right to. 

My only complaint is that debates often start out well, then get jammed up with the aforementioned "juvenile behavior" and degenerate
into personal attacks. That seems to be a burden on the mods as well we forum denizens. Hoping the new arrangements can minimize that.

Also creating a special Trump Biden section might work well. Also, we posters should do our part and just avoid threads and topics we don't like. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 01:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Everyone is allowed to express their opinions. The issue is when expressing that opinion turns juvenile, dishonest, inflammatory, etc. For those that want to talk politics that way, Twitter and Facebook would be better options. 

Do you threaten to shutdown the forum when Trump was accused of Russia collusion and the liberal bases posted on this lie over and over again? It appears you have made a decision to attack conservatives. It appears I am your target.

I know the liberal posters are applauding, they love to see conservative voices shut down versus debating the facts.

This is me sharing my opinion as you stated is permitted, just as you just stated your opinion. I will follow the CoC, my expectations you make others follow it as well.

Please combine any threads with similar topics, I tried to delete some, but it would not allow me to do it.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 04:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you threaten to shutdown the forum when Trump was accused of Russia collusion and the liberal bases posted on this lie over and over again? It appears you have made a decision to attack conservatives. It appears I am your target.

I know the liberal posters are applauding, they love to see conservative voices shut down versus debating the facts.

This is me sharing my opinion as you stated is permitted, just as you just stated your opinion. I will follow the CoC, my expectations you make others follow it as well.

Please combine any threads with similar topics, I tried to delete some, but it would not allow me to do it.

Why do you think you are his target?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 05:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Why do you think you are his target?

Just gut feeling reading the forum (room). Maybe I am just being paranoid being one of few conservatives that post regularly in this forum.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 04:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Do you threaten to shutdown the forum when Trump was accused of Russia collusion and the liberal bases posted on this lie over and over again? It appears you have made a decision to attack conservatives. It appears I am your target.

We did the P&R reboot in 2020, after considering shutting it down altogether on multiple occasions. Trump was the president during that time and liberal criticism was dominating the forum. So, trying to make this place better definitely isn't an 'attack' on conservatives...unless you think we were also attacking liberals back then.

As far as political affiliation...I don't care. It doesn't matter if you're liberal, conservative, progressive, libertarian, etc. The only thing I'm concerned with is how members in this forum act and conduct themselves. This isn't FB or Twitter. It's a football message board that allows a P&R section and has certain standards. 
Reply/Quote

Thank you Bengalholic for all you do and I hope all is well with Roman.

My question are we required to believe that Dylan Mulvaney is a woman because I got dinged by a moderator because  I called Dylan a man.
I wrote to him stating that there was no rules in the CoC about calling a Transwoman celebrity a man, but he did not care and when I warned another member not to call a Transwoman a man because your post will get deleted and you will get in trouble I received another ding. Thus this has a chilling effect on the number of times I write on this forum.

Thus, do we have freedom of opinion? 

You can DM if you want to talk about it. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 05:49 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Thank you Bengalholic for all you do and I hope all is well with Roman.

My question are we required to believe that Dylan Mulvaney is a woman because I got dinged by a moderator because  I called Dylan a man.
I wrote to him stating that there was no rules in the CoC about calling a Transwoman celebrity a man, but he did not care and when I warned another member not to call a Transwoman a man because your post will get deleted and you will get in trouble I received another ding. Thus this has a chilling effect on the number of times I write on this forum.

You can DM if you want to talk about it. 

Roman actually had his 1st chemo session last Monday. He did pretty well overall. 

On the transgender issue...I'll address it publicly so there won't be any confusion going forward.

Of course, you are free to believe whatever you want. But, if you're talking about a specific person who clearly identifies one way or another, then that's how you should refer to them in this forum. It's just a simple, respectful courtesy...even if you disagree personally. 
Reply/Quote